The Student Room Group

Do you wear glasses?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PugDevil
Well I'm glad that they're catching your eye :wink: Also I replied mainly to tell you that I've been trying to rep you for quite a while and it won't let me :lolwut:

lol me too (:colone:) aw thats nice :hugs:
I know that feeling
remember the other day when I couldn't even personal rep u :fuhrer:
I got some a few months ago for looking at boards and TV and concentrating on things in the distance. I'm short sighted. I don't think I'd want to try contacts but I don't need to as I have no problems seeing without the glasses...they just make things clearer
Yep, since 2010. When I was younger I'd always wanted glasses... now that I actually have them, I really wish I didn't. I'm used to constantly cleaning them, but I don't like waking up not being able to see anything, showering while not being able to see anything, and being uncomfortable whenever I lie down.

I would try contact lenses but they're not cheap. :frown:
I got my eyes tested at the beginning of the year because I kept getting headaches. My eyesight isn't that bad (I'm slightly short sighted) but I was still prescribed glasses for watching tv/driving/looking at boards. I rarely wear them though:redface:. I wouldn't ever wear contacts bc I can still see without my glasses my eyes just get strained.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 24
Yup
I wear glasses at home and contact lenses outside. I have awful vision as I am short sighted.
I wear glasses, although it is only meant to be for look at lectures, boards etc. I was wondering how many of you also wear glasses?

Are you short sighted or long sighted? How long have you been wearing glasses for? I've been wearing them since college so for around 3 years!

Finally have you tried wearing contact lenses? I feel eventually I will but I am a bit scared to try them to be honest :afraid:

Edit: Absolute spelling fail on the thread title - although not sure how many people saw it :redface:

Yes, ive been wearing glasses for 2 years now and i recently got contact lenses, this week actually, theyre so good! My opticion said they wont be as good as glasses but tbh i dont see any different, i cant feel a thing in my eyes and they dont really take much to look after! Clean hands and a solution top up every day is all it needs.
No :redface:
But glasses look sexy :ahee:
No .
Reply 29
No but my entire family does so the future holds glasses I guess
I wear glasses, although it is only meant to be for look at lectures, boards etc. I was wondering how many of you also wear glasses?

Are you short sighted or long sighted? How long have you been wearing glasses for? I've been wearing them since college so for around 3 years!

Finally have you tried wearing contact lenses? I feel eventually I will but I am a bit scared to try them to be honest :afraid:

Edit: Absolute spelling fail on the thread title - although not sure how many people saw it :redface:

I wear glasses too! I can't see anything without them, I am basically blind, everything is blurry, I am short sighted, I think that means I can't see things at a slight distance. I have been wearing them for 5 and a half years, since primary school. & I would like to try contact lenses sometime, but I'm quite scared like yourself lool :biggrin:
PS. I used to wear an eye patch on my left eye for around 3 years, and my left eye vision is worse than right, but both are really bad. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by tamanna___
Yes, ive been wearing glasses for 2 years now and i recently got contact lenses, this week actually, theyre so good! My opticion said they wont be as good as glasses but tbh i dont see any different, i cant feel a thing in my eyes and they dont really take much to look after! Clean hands and a solution top up every day is all it needs.

So they're not painful or hard to put in? :colondollar:
So they're not painful or hard to put in? :colondollar:

Nope not painful at all, maybe the first time you put them in at the opticians it may feel wierd, but definetly not painful & for me i didnt take long to put them in and actually put them in correctly first time in a matter of seconds but i'd say this was because i watched some youtube videos of how to insert them, but it does depend on the person like how long you can open your eyes for and how well you take things going in your eye.. Im a girl so im used to it and can practically poke my eye out without blinking (due to makeup)
Hope this helps
Reply 33
yes i am basically blind without my glasses and although im short sighted, it's SO BAD THAT I NEED THEM FOR everything and my eyes dont work so i cant live w/o them

apparently i look p scary without them tho
You can tell its late on a Friday when I don't notice that for a couple of minutes :o:lol: That's a good way of putting it!I do like getting new glasses :colondollar: My first pair were awful so I didn't really wear them, but my latest pair are much better! Although I haven't been for an eye test for about a year and a half, so my prescription has probably changed :redface:It was a bit depressing because my eyesight seemed to deteriorate all of a sudden one day :frown:
Lol its true :tongue: my boyfriend sticks out like a sore thumb when he is with my family since he is the only one who doesn't wear them :laugh:

Oh my god my first pair were horrendous :colondollar: they were quite rounded so they were very Harry Potter like. Nowadays people might go for that look since they are 'hipster' but back when I was a 12 yr old girl, they were embarrassing :eek:

I got these 2 new pairs last week and they are definitely an improvement from the first few pairs I have had :laugh: I got them for £29. They were in the 2 for £69 range and then I got money off with my NHS voucher so it was definitely the best bargain I've had for a while :smile:
Yes, I'm short sighted & have worn glasses all the time for about the last 7 or 8 years. I can't wear contacts because I've got really sensitive eyes & have had bad eye infections before but I've got a couple of different styles of glasses to choose from & recently got a decent pair of prescription sunglasses, which I've been wearing for most of the last few days. One of the things I used to hate was not being able to wear sunglasses in summer & having to put up with the glare from my lenses, I tried out prescription sunglasses before, years ago but gave up on them because I found the first pair I tried too dark & couldn't see out of them properly.
Original post by Changing Skies
I don't, I really like how they look though :tongue: however I am grateful for my sight, of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes you should be grateful for having good eyesight. I like how I look in glasses but it's annoying having to wear them constantly just to be able to do something other people take for granted.
Original post by Spock's Socks
I got these 2 new pairs last week and they are definitely an improvement from the first few pairs I have had :laugh: I got them for £29. They were in the 2 for £69 range and then I got money off with my NHS voucher so it was definitely the best bargain I've had for a while :smile:

Really like the purple ones.
I had glasses for a while for reading when I was about 10. I was very long sighted back then. I had to get glasses again when I was 17 for anything other than reading things close up and being on computers and I'm now quite short sighted lol. I've had these glasses for about 15 months now I think. Seriously though, prescription sunglasses are amazing! I need glasses for driving and the lenses are so high quality. I can see properly, and I don't have to squint!

I have these as my normal everyday ones. I have such a tiny nose, and I'm allergic to metal. It's an absolute nightmare getting glasses that fit on my face, don't fall off while I smile, and actually sit on my nose.

And then I have these sunglasses. I can get away with the metal because hardly any of it actually touches my face, and I don't usually wear them for too long anyway.

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Spock's Socks
Lol its true :tongue: my boyfriend sticks out like a sore thumb when he is with my family since he is the only one who doesn't wear them :laugh:

Oh my god my first pair were horrendous :colondollar: they were quite rounded so they were very Harry Potter like. Nowadays people might go for that look since they are 'hipster' but back when I was a 12 yr old girl, they were embarrassing :eek:

They're a really nice couple of glasses! And that is a really good price too :wink: My pair cost me £102 originally but then it was the manager who sold it to me and she was really chatty. Then she was like, "you remind me of my son, have a £50 voucher" :lol: Was really random!

Quick Reply

Latest