The Student Room Group

what uni shall i choose as my firm

Sorry i don't know if i have posted in the right place... but i applied to uni late so need to choose my firm today*

I applied for pharmacy but i know i didn't meet the requirements

the two uni i have chosen are hertfordshire and portsmouth - which one is more lenient for pharmacy?

i will be travelling from home.. i live in london i know i will be communing a long way from london to portsmouth but i have travelled all my life - been moving a lot so I'm used to it but i wanted to know which one is more lenient because i know i didn't get the grades portsmouth is offering me 320 ucas points with C in chem and C in bio whereas hertz is asking for a B in chem and B in either psychology or biology

Thanks *
Reply 1
Original post by zoedhin
Sorry i don't know if i have posted in the right place... but i applied to uni late so need to choose my firm today*

the two uni i have chosen are hertfordshire and portsmouth - which one is more lenient for pharmacy?

i will be travelling from home.. i live in london i know i will be communing a long way from london to portsmouth but i have travelled all my life - been moving a lot so I'm used to it but i wanted to know which one is more lenient because i know i didn't get the grades portsmouth is offering me 320 ucas points with C in chem and C in bio whereas hertz is asking for a B in chem and B in either psychology or biology

Thanks *

Are you planning on driving or taking the train from London to Portsmouth?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
Are you planning on driving or taking the train from London to Portsmouth?

Posted from TSR Mobile

train/coach

second year i will probably move to a london uni *i have contacted some and they said yes provided i get certain marks - thats why I'm confused*
I'd say Herts if you can get the grades it's not as far and has a translation right on campus also as it's right out in the sticks they often have socials either on campus (not much help) or in London it's self which would enable you to get more involved and have a bit more fun. In Portsmouth it mostly in Portsmouth and you are so far away it'll feel bit like school or collage.

As it is I'd urge you to stay in halls at both unis but this thread isn't about that.
Reply 4
Original post by jonathanemptage
I'd say Herts if you can get the grades it's not as far and has a translation right on campus also as it's right out in the sticks they often have socials either on campus (not much help) or in London it's self which would enable you to get more involved and have a bit more fun. In Portsmouth it mostly in Portsmouth and you are so far away it'll feel bit like school or collage.

As it is I'd urge you to stay in halls at both unis but this thread isn't about that.

The thing is I'm pretty sure i have missed the grades for hertz and portsmouth as i completely messed up my unit 5 papers **
Original post by zoedhin
The thing is I'm pretty sure i have missed the grades for hertz and portsmouth as i completely messed up my unit 5 papers **

if you have you'll need to go through clearing and you may actually have to move out depending on where accepts you.
Reply 6
Original post by zoedhin
train/coach

The train will be about £4k per year...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Portsmouth is more lenient. If you don't get the grades for pharmacy they might offer you a place on there pharmacology course, and after one year you can transfer to pharmacy if you get a high enough percentage. Thats what they offered me
Original post by zoedhin

Thanks *

Why are you so resistant to moving to your uni town? Train fares will cost you just as much as your accommodation and will just make you even more tired, when you're already going to be doing an intensive course with long hours. This could in term completely destroy your grades as you're always too tired to work.

Also placements-how will you get to them if they're not in your uni town?

Moving to uni will help you a lot
Reply 9
Original post by jaffacakes101
Portsmouth is more lenient. If you don't get the grades for pharmacy they might offer you a place on there pharmacology course, and after one year you can transfer to pharmacy if you get a high enough percentage. Thats what they offered me

Do you mind me asking what grades you got?
Reply 10
Original post by super_kawaii
Why are you so resistant to moving to your uni town? Train fares will cost you just as much as your accommodation and will just make you even more tired, when you're already going to be doing an intensive course with long hours. This could in term completely destroy your grades as you're always too tired to work.

Also placements-how will you get to them if they're not in your uni town?

Moving to uni will help you a lot

Yes thanks I've decided if i have to I'm going to live out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending