The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

I didn't apply to 12KBW - I was just having a general rant! I know others that it has happened to and it can really throw you off your game. I just don't think it's very "in the spirit" of PG! I also quite like the idea that I will - hopefully - find out everything in one fell swoop.

Anyway, commiserations. You're clearly a very strong candidate if you had a second round, so don't be too hard on yourself!
Original post by wannabeebar
Just a little rant - why do so many PG sets not adhere to the timeframe?! It thankfully hasn't happened to me yet but I just don't understand why - what's the point of using PG if you're not going to stick to it? It just serves to shake people's confidence in the midst of other interviews!! Ok, rant over.

I think giving out early rejections is bearable. It doesn't hurt any more or less to get it a week or so early. If anything it might be kinder than letting people get anxious with anticipation.

What's more problematic is the early offer because that then puts pressure on a candidate to accept when they might be in contention for gateway offers as well. I'm not sure that should be allowed if you're going to have an interview process during the gateway period.
I didn't apply to 12KBW - I was just having a general rant! I know others that it has happened to and it can really throw you off your game. I just don't think it's very "in the spirit" of PG! I also quite like the idea that I will - hopefully - find out everything in one fell swoop.

Anyway, commiserations. You're clearly a very strong candidate if you had a second round, so don't be too hard on yourself!

Thanks. People keep saying if you get 2nd rounds you will eventually get a pupillage but my experience to date is that this just isn't happening for me. I'm exhausted from the randomness of it all.
Just a little rant - why do so many PG sets not adhere to the timeframe?! It thankfully hasn't happened to me yet but I just don't understand why - what's the point of using PG if you're not going to stick to it? It just serves to shake people's confidence in the midst of other interviews!! Ok, rant over.

I'd rather be put out of my misery asap personally, if I'm going to be rejected.

Also, it seems a little arbitrary to me to object to sets handing out rejections before the offer date when they start sending out rejections from the paper sift (I'm assuming no-one's arguing that they shouldn't do that).
Original post by TimmonaPortella
I'd rather be put out of my misery asap personally, if I'm going to be rejected.

Also, it seems a little arbitrary to me to object to sets handing out rejections before the offer date when they start sending out rejections from the paper sift (I'm assuming no-one's arguing that they shouldn't do that).

Which sets are getting complained about ?
Did anyone ask when we might hear from fourteen?
Anyone know when QEB HW are likely to get back?!?
Charter post 1st round rejection out by gateway email

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone ask whether there will be a second round at 4BC? Thanks!
Original post by Igor_the_Cat
Did anyone ask whether there will be a second round at 4BC? Thanks!

I didn't ask, but was told I shouldn't expect to hear back before 1st Aug. So i'm assuming there isn't a 2nd round.*
Does anyone have interview experience at 2 New Street Leicester?
I got my rejection from Citadel through the post, best of luck to those of you still waiting
Reply 2972
Original post by egarna
I had a first round interview invite on Tuesday

Original post by Happygolucky2
What time was that I called them at 4.30pm on Tuesday and they said they were still shortlisting and we will here soon....

Has anyone else heard from 15 Winkley Square either way? My gateway is still saying applied!
Reply 2973
Original post by JayBor
Has anyone heard from Nexus?

I haven't. Has anyone else?
Any news from Matrix anyone? Offers are due today... Am holding out little hope but good to know for sure!!
Not necessarily I got told I was unsuccessful at 6 Pump Court yesterday but last year I applied there and was in the second round, didn't hear anything but then got rejected on the 1st
Someone must have heard something from New Court by now... Anyone?
Has anyone heard anything from Farringdon yet?
Anyone heard either way from QEB-HW?
Guys this is torture isn't it - even worse somehow outside the gateway.

Sorry this is isn't a helpful post but just thought I would send you all a bit of solidarity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending