Do you speak German?

Yep, German living in Scotland.
Sky News reporting that at least 8 people killed
Original post by NickLCFC
Sky News reporting that at least 8 people killed

Confirmed by police. :sigh:
German newspaper's Die ZEIT current update (translated from German):

- According to the police six dead and several injured
- According to the police about a hundred people are receiving psychological treatment from acute intervention teams
- Single crime scene is the Olympia Shopping centre where 18 shots were fired

- Based on witness reports the police speaks of a 'suspicion of terror'
- Special force GSG9 now operating in Munich
- Manhunt for up to three suspects under way - Situation still dangerous: Shops, restaurants and the central station remain closed, public transport is halted
- The police calls on people to avoid public places

Edit: And with the recent news the first line becomes obsolete - 8 are dead.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
Are you seriously already pointing the blame? Have some respect

odds are highly in favour of this being an islamic attack, theres nothing respectful in saying, #pray for munich, oh our thoughts are with them etc, the most respectful, considerate and smart thing to do would be to confront the Islamic ideology that causes the vast vast majority of all terrorism going on nowadays and is bound to kill countless more in the future
Police announces that in addition to the eight reported dead a further body has been found next to the shopping centre - currently investigating whether victim or one of the perpetrators.
So sad. Thoughts with the victims and their families at this time. Be at peace. My love with all of you.

It just sickens me that this has become a regular thing now... Violence to get a point across... :frown:
Or what if it's an Islamic terrorist, pretending to be a German?
Original post by Capt.Henry Avery

Then he's a bad terrorist. Terrorism is about getting your point across and forcing people into submission to your ideology through acts of violence. If you pretend to be someone else while committing a terrorist act you're doing it wrong.
Original post by Capt.Henry Avery

Then what's the point? Islamic Terrorism is all about publicity, the guy is going to go down anyway, why lie?
Reply 250
Original post by BaconandSauce
Odd given you seem so sure you knew what this wasn't a case of But yes there are multiple reposts calming multiple things so best not jump the gun here and wait for the facts a little longer

It's odd that you sound so hostile towards me at the moment. I assure you, I checked multiple News Outlets and Twitter before I posted. I recommend you do the same.

The general consensus is that he is native to Germany.

Original post by Sir Fox
I watched the video, and it seems pretty clear a guy on the balcony shouted it, to which the shooter replied that he is German and born there.

I'll check it out soon.
Original post by Sir Fox
I watched the video, and it seems pretty clear a guy on the balcony shouted it, to which the shooter replied that he is German and born there.

Being born German does not mean you cannot be an Islamic terrorist.
Original post by Sir Fox
x

What sort of neo-Nazi would say ''I'm German I was born here''? Actual Nazis believe that race is defined by blood and parentage rather than place of birth or passports.
Reply 253
Original post by JNDSAN
odds are highly in favour of this being an islamic attack, theres nothing respectful in saying, #pray for munich, oh our thoughts are with them etc, the most respectful, considerate and smart thing to do would be to confront the Islamic ideology that causes the vast vast majority of all terrorism going on nowadays and is bound to kill countless more in the future

Source because reports say otherwise.

The Guardian reports that the police say there is no indication of Islamic Terrorism. Please read posts and the news before you start posting ignorant things. How insensitive.
Original post by Lujubi
Source because reports say otherwise.

The Guardian reports that the police say that there is no indication of Islamic Terrorism. Please read posts and the news before you start posting ignorant things. How insensitive.

Could you please post a link to what you are referring to?
Reply 255
Original post by Foo.mp3
I'd like to see the authorities remaining composed, executing well drilled contingency plans, and reassuring the frightened public that they are bringing the situation under control, rather than crapping themselves/crippling entire cities, and coming down hard on extremist groups/addressing the Migrant Crisis in a robust way, rather willingly making it worse (Merkel et al.), which is the source of this chaos

Another person who is not reading the news.

There is no link to migrants or Islamic extremists groups as many people have pointed out. Check out my previous posts for source.
Original post by Lujubi
It's odd that you sound so hostile towards me at the moment. I assure you, I checked multiple News Outlets and Twitter before I posted. I recommend you do the same.

The general consensus is that he is native to Germany.

I'll check it out soon.

Nothing hostile I'm my post to you at all :smile: But should I remind you the 7/7 Muslim terrorists were also native to the UK so don't really mean a thing in this context But yes I agree best wait for facts (rather than whispers) before making our minds up
Reply 257
Original post by NickLCFC
Could you please post a link to what you are referring to?

A Munich police spokesman says there is no indication of Islamist terror.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/jul/22/munich-shooting-police-evacuate-shopping-centre-live

This will be my third and final time I am posting this source to anyone else who is wondering.
Original post by dozyrosie
Being born German does not mean you cannot be an Islamic terrorist.

Original post by Atlas Thugged
What sort of neo-Nazi would say ''I'm German I was born here''? Actual Nazis believe that race is defined by blood and parentage rather than place of birth or passports.

True, but a) the guy doesn't have a foreign accent/sounds pretty native German to me, b) he sounded very defensive when one of the guys on the balcony called him a 'Kanake' (derogatory for someone from Turkey/the Middle East). If you're a German Islamist convert terrorist you're usually angry at the system. He also shouted something about people like them (on the balcony) being the reason he got bullied for seven years.

I still don't know whether the guy in the video is actually a gunman, but does that sound like an Islamist to you?*
Well, I'm off for today - library is closing and I don't currently have internet at home.

Quick Reply