The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone with Provisional offer for Belfast for the HO positions which were offered around May time hear anything more or get full offers
Original post by sineadmm
Got a start date of the 8th of August today!!! Rang the contact I was given as I have to give 4 weeks notice in my current role. Will be in E&C - ISBC NMW
Anyone know what that is?

Hello sineadmm.

Can I ask if they agreed to change your start date from 8th August to allow you give 4 weeks notice to your current employer?

Thanks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Got a start date of the 8th of August today!!! Rang the contact I was given as I have to give 4 weeks notice in my current role. Will be in E&C - ISBC NMW
Anyone know what that is?

Enforcement and Compliance - Individual and Small Business Compliance - National Minimum Wage Unit.

From the little I know of it that department acts on intelligence referrals in regards to employers who aren't paying their staff the national minimum wage.
Reply 743
Original post by Doll Parts
You were right; had a revised offer this morning with Imperial Court as location.

I'm yet to get a revised offer, but I'm planning on going to Imperial Court, I've had it confirmed verbally by someone i know.
Original post by Star1022
I applied for a HO role in June and have my interview next week.

I've seen that some of you have had interviews in May for the same role and have had formal offers and start dates.

Is there anyone else in my situation and just starting the process now??

I just had my interview for this campaign today having failed miserably on the sift earlier in the year. So glad it's over and done with, but not expecting to get through, if i don't get it hopefully get put on a reserve list fingers crossed.
Original post by Norris2016
I just had my interview for this campaign today having failed miserably on the sift earlier in the year. So glad it's over and done with, but not expecting to get through, if i don't get it hopefully get put on a reserve list fingers crossed.

Good luck with the reserve list Norris! Lol. I'm still on it from last December! Lmao!
:banana::bebored::dontknow:
Original post by pukahontas
Enforcement and Compliance - Individual and Small Business Compliance - National Minimum Wage Unit.

From the little I know of it that department acts on intelligence referrals in regards to employers who aren't paying their staff the national minimum wage.

I worked as a NMW Compliance Officer for a while a few years ago. Top job. You'll be helping people whose employers are not being paid the minimum wage to get what they are entitled to. Bit of a modern day Robin Hood 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've seen that some of you have had interviews in May for the same role and have had formal offers and start dates.

Hi

I also have an interview next week for the June campaign.

Does anyone have any advice/tips for the interview or the process as a whole?

So nervous for the interview, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by sw1981
Good luck with the reserve list Norris! Lol. I'm still on it from last December! Lmao!
:banana::bebored::dontknow:

Oh god don't say that, thought it was bad enough seeing the reserve list will expire in just 3 months haha! Oh well just going to hope they'll put more jobs up, hopefully if I can get on enough reserve lists I might strike it lucky on one of the occasions :biggrin:
Original post by Me so...?
Hi

I also have an interview next week for the June campaign.

Does anyone have any advice/tips for the interview or the process as a whole?

So nervous for the interview, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Just try to act confident..and know your examples like the back of your hand, so your can tweak them based on the questions they ask you. Remember to tick all the boxes on the CC competency criteria.

Any interview is about perception..so just leave the right impression.
(edited 7 years ago)

I have an interview on 1st August for Liverpool. Good luck!
Reply 751
i give up.
12 weeks for a pre employment check to be done, and not responded to my last 3 emails.

Back on the job hunt it is!
Reply 752
Original post by Doll Parts
You were right; had a revised offer this morning with Imperial Court as location.

Ive had an email from recruitment confirming that I will be getting a revised offer with the change of location...
Original post by double_aces
Hello sineadmm.

Can I ask if they agreed to change your start date from 8th August to allow you give 4 weeks notice to your current employer?

Thanks.

When i rang the contact given she sighed as they have been having problems with HR, she was lovely and told me not to worry she would sort it out with HR. Still waiting to hear back but i am assuming it will be ok as she told me to hand my notice in.
Original post by gavin_1980
I worked as a NMW Compliance Officer for a while a few years ago. Top job. You'll be helping people whose employers are not being paid the minimum wage to get what they are entitled to. Bit of a modern day Robin Hood

brilliant!! this is exactly the type of role I was hoping for!!!

on a random note, do you know what date payday is each month?
[QUOTE="sineadmm;66589294"]
Original post by gavin_1980
I worked as a NMW Compliance Officer for a while a few years ago. Top job. You'll be helping people whose employers are not being paid the minimum wage to get what they are entitled to. Bit of a modern day Robin Hood

brilliant!! this is exactly the type of role I was hoping for!!!

on a random note, do you know what date payday is each month?

It's the last working day of the month. You may find that if you start towards the middle to end of the month though that you may not be paid at the end of the first month. HR usually need your details by about the 15th to pay you that month. You can possibly apply for an advance to tide you over if needed though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="gavin_1980;66589764"]

It's the last working day of the month. You may find that if you start towards the middle to end of the month though that you may not be paid at the end of the first month. HR usually need your details by about the 15th to pay you that month. You can possibly apply for an advance to tide you over if needed though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i work in a payroll dept currently and off cycle payments are fairly common. there is no way i could survive on the 3 weeks wages i will be getting when i leave my current role. i will try and get that sorted asap.
Reply 757
Sent email last Thursday asking what stage my pre employment checks were at. Got email today saying that my marriage licence wasn't acceptable as its Australian to hand in more docs by friday or I will be withdrawn as failed checks. These documents were handed in on 22nd June after not being verified at interview on 30th march my advice to anyone still waiting for checks is chase it up. Its probably lying in a forgotten bundle somewhere
Hi. What email address did you use to contact them? I have provisional offer for Glasgow and waiting to hear about checks. Thanks
Reply 759
Hi it was the e&c address....on my work email cant remember full address. Im also waiting on Glasgow ....Ive to let her know when documents are handed in which im doing on Wednesday.......wonder if glasgow was forgotten about lol

Latest