The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Allergic reactions are fantastic.
Especially when it's also decided to come on your face as well.

It's my first shift working with the new manager tomorrow and now she's going to have to see me in the middle of a reaction. Ffs. It's the cherry on top of the cake that is.
Original post by FireFreezer77
Damn that sucks then! Wow sounds like you live somewhere remote! That not ideal for travelling then!
Ah yeah that's true. Well I'm not too sure what to suggest I'm afraid.

Surely thats illegal!!? So your wife doesn't know that they're there then? Maybe show her one to prove it?
But yeah I don't blame you! It's like they're spying on you! Man you really need to complain and get them removed! What happens if you take them down yourself?
Ah that's just wrong! Not on at all! I really hope you can get this resolved because it's not right at all!
How did they even get in?

Thankyou! He is pretty damn good! My other two had no idea what they were doing so this has really helped!
Yeah I suppose so! Thanks!! :smile:

I don't know where they are except that they're there somewhere. They're really tiny but occasionally in a darkish room I see a flash of a camera, not to mention being able to hear the little noises which they make. You're right that it should be illegal but you know how governments can get around simple things like laws. And yes, that's exactly it, they're spying on me. They have my place bugged and agents follow me around whenever I go anywhere.

My wife made me spend all morning researching potential psychiatrists, didn't agree on which one in the end but she's mad and wants me to see someone asap. Personally I don't really see the point, and I definitely don't want to get sectioned again. She doesn't seem to recognize that fear. :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Really finding it difficult to block out intrusive thoughts related to OCD, they just seem to come back with greater intensity.. Does anybody have any coping strategies?
Anon 23

I suffer from intrusive thoughts from OCD.
And yes that's happens to me too.
But the only thing you can do is to just let the thoughts sit there whilst you occupy your mind with something else.
This way the thoughts will be pushed out because you've not reacted to them.
It's easier said than done I'm afraid but it's the only thing that you can do.
Just avoid doing anything with them and things will begin to improve for you.
Original post by Sabertooth

My wife made me spend all morning researching potential psychiatrists, didn't agree on which one in the end but she's mad and wants me to see someone asap. Personally I don't really see the point, and I definitely don't want to get sectioned again. She doesn't seem to recognize that fear. :frown:

Hey Saber :hugs:

I'm sorry to read that your wife has been either ignoring or invalidating your fears and feelings. That must be really hard for you. It sounds like she's not handling it that well/helpfully, tbh :no: That is disconcerting to read. Though I guess it's hard for her to understand where you are coming from, given she hasn't ever experienced this kinda thing first-hand herself.

I hope you understand that I am concerned about what you're experiencing, and that I am speaking up because a) I know what it's like, and b), I care :colondollar: I believe you are suffering from persecutory delusions and that you need to get help and support for this ASAP. Everything that you have written recently indicates you are still very much in the throes of psychosis and that anything done/administered when you were recently sectioned was ineffective/has worn off.

I know how it feels to feel that you are being spied on and targeted :sadnod: It's not nice at all. It's very unnerving, scary and hard. It's little wonder you think seeing a psychiatrist would help, given everything you currently believe and what's going on in your head. But I really think some good meds and reassurance would help you to come out of this episode!

Being sectioned is far from fun or pleasant but your wellbeing and safety is of the paramount importance here. You should try and go along with whatever is suggested, using your wife as an advocate, so that you can get better. Life doesn't have to be this scary or hard :nah:

I acknowledge that for you, this appears to be reality, but please try and hear me out when I say it is not! You are far safer than you feel or are able to realise atm :smile:

Please try and find a psychiatrist to see ASAP. I need to try and get some sleep but big hugs to you! You can - and no doubt, will - get through this! :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel so down and depressed.
I'm just not enjoying anything anymore and I feel like I deserve this
Obviously I'm a failure in life and I'll never be happy or succeed in anything but it would just be nice to experience happiness just once more!
This is having a negative impact on my OCD too which isn't good so yeah, I'm not enjoying anything anymore.
I know no one will reply to this but I thought I'd share it anyway
Obviously I'm a failure in life and I'll never be happy or succeed in anything but it would just be nice to experience happiness just once more!
This is having a negative impact on my OCD too which isn't good so yeah, I'm not enjoying anything anymore.

Not a failure and you deserve the very best that life can offer! :penguinhug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Little Popcorns
O.O what did you say that got her so triggered :/??

My doctor is a nutter too so I totally understand!

I had a panic attack, when I have panic attacks I have compulsions.

Things that you dont want to think about, my mind wants to trigger me.

I told her I had compulsions, Self harm, harm to others etc the horrible ****.

As soon as I mentioned that she freaked out, I panicked and said I know they're just thoughts, im not a serial killer.
I am broken. Irreparably so. The life I have been dealt is too much.
Original post by Anonymous
Really finding it difficult to block out intrusive thoughts related to OCD, they just seem to come back with greater intensity.. Does anybody have any coping strategies?
Anon 23

But the only thing you can do is to just let the thoughts sit there whilst you occupy your mind with something else.

I agree, most of the time I imagine my thoughts as clouds passing by, they exist just like clouds, doesnt mean we must pay attention to them.

Make space for them but dont give them value.

I can sympathise, a few months ago I was in the same boat.

You wake up, (thats if you managed to sleep) wishing you didnt, no desire to do or be anything.

"Is this it, is this my life?"

Its not, its a bad patch things will change. Force yourself to do something, go for a walk, indulge. **** everything else, focus on your happiness, your selfish needs.
Original post by WolfGangPro
I had a panic attack, when I have panic attacks I have compulsions.

Things that you dont want to think about, my mind wants to trigger me.

I told her I had compulsions, Self harm, harm to others etc the horrible ****.

As soon as I mentioned that she freaked out, I panicked and said I know they're just thoughts, im not a serial killer.

Yeah I would say it's simply stigma, but medical professionals do get a fair bit of abuse/violence against them so you can't blame her for flinching but still the fact it was so obvious to you that she was affected, that's pretty unprofessional.
Yeah I would say it's simply stigma, but medical professionals do get a fair bit of abuse/violence against them so you can't blame her for flinching but still the fact it was so obvious to you that she was affected, that's pretty unprofessional.

Believe me I know, my mother is a psychiatrist, but to show that much emotion was strange. I was very vague, yet she seems extremely uncomfortable.

Im not exactly scary, I dont have tear drop tattoos on my cheeks
I really dont know what the point is anymore. I hate being awake and I hate being asleep because of the dreams and the nightmares.
Hate everything, especially myself.
Not being self pitying because there is nothing to pity.
Im **** and ik it and I don't need anyone to dispute it, not that they would but meh.
~Anon 1
Believe me I know, my mother is a psychiatrist, but to show that much emotion was strange. I was very vague, yet she seems extremely uncomfortable.

Im not exactly scary, I dont have tear drop tattoos on my cheeks

Probably stressed and knee jerked a reaction. Your mums brave :tongue:

Lol didn't imagine anyone in 'real life' (not rap stars) has that :laugh:
Probably stressed and knee jerked a reaction. Your mums brave :tongue:

Lol didn't imagine anyone in 'real life' (not rap stars) has that :laugh:

Im just glad I dont have to see her again, already changed doctors.

You're telling me you dont find tear drop tattoos cool? :smile:
Im just glad I dont have to see her again, already changed doctors.

You're telling me you dont find tear drop tattoos cool? :smile:

Ah good!

Erm won't lie to you... I've seen cooler things in my time :tongue:
Ah good!

Erm won't lie to you... I've seen cooler things in my time :tongue:

Unicorns?
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hey Saber :hugs:

I'm sorry to read that your wife has been either ignoring or invalidating your fears and feelings. That must be really hard for you. It sounds like she's not handling it that well/helpfully, tbh :no: That is disconcerting to read. Though I guess it's hard for her to understand where you are coming from, given she hasn't ever experienced this kinda thing first-hand herself.

I hope you understand that I am concerned about what you're experiencing, and that I am speaking up because a) I know what it's like, and b), I care :colondollar: I believe you are suffering from persecutory delusions and that you need to get help and support for this ASAP. Everything that you have written recently indicates you are still very much in the throes of psychosis and that anything done/administered when you were recently sectioned was ineffective/has worn off.

I know how it feels to feel that you are being spied on and targeted :sadnod: It's not nice at all. It's very unnerving, scary and hard. It's little wonder you think seeing a psychiatrist would help, given everything you currently believe and what's going on in your head. But I really think some good meds and reassurance would help you to come out of this episode!

Being sectioned is far from fun or pleasant but your wellbeing and safety is of the paramount importance here. You should try and go along with whatever is suggested, using your wife as an advocate, so that you can get better. Life doesn't have to be this scary or hard :nah:

I acknowledge that for you, this appears to be reality, but please try and hear me out when I say it is not! You are far safer than you feel or are able to realise atm :smile:

Please try and find a psychiatrist to see ASAP. I need to try and get some sleep but big hugs to you! You can - and no doubt, will - get through this! :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi TLG :smile:

You're definitely right about my wife not understanding and being unwilling to even try to see things my way. She keeps getting super angry at me and I don't get why she refuses to listen to me. Tbh I will probably be forced by her to see a psychiatrist next week so that's kind of ASAP - I just don't think they'll help with anything going on.

In hospital the psychiatrist said he had never seen someone on 40mg of haloperidol not being a dribbling mess, so, if this was all in my head, the meds I'm on should help with things but that's not the case? I have tried many drugs over the years and a lot of them really clouded my thinking which I definitely don't want - I feel like I'm thinking freely right now and I've realized everything going on. I just don't know how to get out.

I appreciate you trying to help especially as you seem to know how scary and hard this is for me right now. I don't really know who to trust or what I should do next. I wish I could believe that everything could be fixed by a psychiatrist but previous experiences have shown me that's wrong.

I really hope you managed to get a good night's sleep and thank you for your post. :hugs: You've made me think over things though tbh I do feel kind of lost still. :colondollar:
Unicorns?
obv

Thank you for the advice :smile: Yeah I'm beginning to realise that distraction is the best method, I think its the spike in anxiety which makes it harder! But in the end they do seem to go away, so I'll just keep trying :smile: