The Student Room Group

Can I do medicine with BTEC science at GCSE?

My school really messed around with me and as I was young didn't know what was really happening so I did BTEC GCSE science. After I did my A-Levels I got CCC and now I'm going in my Third year of Uni studying Biomedicine predicted a first. Can I still get accepted into medicine or is it highly unlikely?
Idek. Can you? Who even takes BTECs for Medicine (no offense)?
Reply 2
Original post by sulaimanali

I was in year 11 my teachers told me to do it.
Original post by Sazal
My school really messed around with me and as I was young didn't know what was really happening so I did BTEC GCSE science. After I did my A-Levels I got CCC and now I'm going in my Third year of Uni studying Biomedicine predicted a first. Can I still get accepted into medicine or is it highly unlikely?

OF COURSE!!

Don't be silly. After you get onto degree level, your past academia means nothing.
If anything, a 1st in biomed will probably be the strongest point in your application.

@queen-bee would be the best person to give advice to you tbh.

Hope that helped.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by mercuryman
OF COURSE!!

Don't be silly. After you get onto degree level, your past academia means nothing.
If anything, a 1st in biomed will be a strong point in your application.

Hope that helped.

Okay there is a slight chance then, Thank god I was freaking out!
Original post by sulaimanali

Don't be thick. You can do veterinary medicine through BTEC, you would just need to take biovet medicine first then do a post grad degree in vet med which is what I'm doing. Like the op I was f*cked about in school and I had to take BTEC science because it was either that or stay out of school. When I came back to my previous school after summer in september, 3 weeks after I started they told me my grades weren't good enough for A-Level science which meant that I was forced to find another school to do something in.
Original post by Sazal
Okay there is a slight chance then, Thank god I was freaking out!

Slight chance? Mate if you get a decent ukcat score and end up getting a 1st in biomed. There is a really high chance you'll get all 4/4 of your interviews for med.
:smile:
Original post by mercuryman
OF COURSE!!

If anything, a 1st in biomed will probably be the strongest point in your application.

@Queen Bee would be the best person to give advice to you tbh.

Hope that helped.

damn 2 posts a year

op feels lucky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending