The Student Room Group

Ineligible for New Postgraduate Student Loan

I applied for one of the new postgraduate loans on 4th July. I hadn't heard anything and I logged on to see that I am ineligible?!? I have received no notification either by email or letter to say this and to be honest I don't understand why.

I am British, born in Britain, have a conditional place on a Masters course at Liverpool University, never studied either a Masters or PhD before and only have two undergraduate Bachelors degrees and a professional qualification which is can be comparable to a postgraduate diploma but gives me Membership of Royal College of Surgeons not PG Dip. I also may be eligible for a 20% discount with fees for University of Liverpool as I am alumni but I was under the impression this would not affect my application.

I have tried to speak to student finance but they has all gone home on Friday and are not open until Monday.

Has anyone else experienced this and could anyone tell me why I am ineligible?
Original post by hedonistic_futur
I applied for one of the new postgraduate loans on 4th July. I hadn't heard anything and I logged on to see that I am ineligible?!? I have received no notification either by email or letter to say this and to be honest I don't understand why.

I am British, born in Britain, have a conditional place on a Masters course at Liverpool University, never studied either a Masters or PhD before and only have two undergraduate Bachelors degrees and a professional qualification which is can be comparable to a postgraduate diploma but gives me Membership of Royal College of Surgeons not PG Dip. I also may be eligible for a 20% discount with fees for University of Liverpool as I am alumni but I was under the impression this would not affect my application.

I have tried to speak to student finance but they has all gone home on Friday and are not open until Monday.

Has anyone else experienced this and could anyone tell me why I am ineligible?

That sounds strange.

The only thing I can think of is that either something wasn't completed right in your application or for some reason the Masters course at Liverpool doesn't meet the criteria for the loan (usually this is because the course is a professional course or because it's not a full free standing Masters but a top up from a PGDip/PGCert).

Ring up SFE today and let us know if they can explain the problem
Hi hedonistic_futur

Please call the postgraduate team: 0300 100 0031

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending