The Student Room Group

Liberals oppress anyone who opposes their beliefs

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sisuphos
:smile: I did not say you should be prevented from making assumptions about a person's character and judging people you know nothing about. I just said it's sad.

Did I say words won't hurt me? I said they most definitely will but that's no grounds for preventing someone from opening his mouth ever again.

Not as sad and deplorable as the effects so called 'just words' have on someone who suffers real discrimination because they're part of a marginalised or minority group. That's sad.

It isn't? So kids for example... We should teach our children that racism and other forms of discrimination are just fine because they're just word, just ignore them. And if there are inevitable insidious effects? Pretend nothing's happening, better yet shove your head in the sand and hope they don't start with the fisty cuffs because then you've got big trouble . . .

That sound about right?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Little Popcorns
Yes he has. What planet are you on.

Show me one example of this alleged racism.
Original post by joecphillips
You were complaining about someone setting a hate mob on someone apply your standards for everyone.

She even went on tv and said he she sets her followers on people and got praised for it.

Do you have anything where milo had said anything like that?

She's done that in response to abuse.

You know in the same way if someone starts to attack you and you defend yourself and you shout your friends for help too. Don't give me, yes exactly this is what Milo has done... I know even you know you'd be kidding yourself if you pulled that one.
Her profession is not based around being a full time dick and insulting everyone for her own gratification. Milo's is. His full time job is hate.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lawliettt
Show me one example of this alleged racism.

Read up my post starting plz in response to the other guy that said this
Did you neglect to include what the person said to her... How convenient

What exactly would it change? They are both in the wrong. To keep consistency, both leslie and the person replied to would need to be banned like milo.

No example was given, sorry.

What his dumb followers decide to do isn't in his control. On the otherhand, there's literally evidence of leslie directly telling her followers to harass someone.
Reply 45
She's done that in response to abuse.

You know in the same way if someone starts to attack you and you defend yourself and you shout your friends for help too. Don't give me, yes exactly this is what Milo has done... I know even you know you'd be kidding yourself if you pulled that one.
Her profession is not based around being a full time dick and insulting everyone for her own gratification. Milo's is. His full time job is hate.

So calling on 300,000+ people to attack someone is defending yourself, make your mind up is it acceptable to set hate mobs on people or not?

This films marketing was simply insult anybody who doesn't go to watch it.

So because someone is a dick you can falsely claim that someone has set a hate mob on someone?
Reply 46

What are your thoughts on Leslie Jones openly stating she hates light skinned people?
image.jpeg

You are openly on the side of the racist who sets hate mobs on people while accusing someone else of doing it with no proof at all
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 47
Little Popcorns
Not as sad and deplorable as the effects so called 'just words' have on someone who suffers real discrimination because they're part of a marginalised or minority group. That's sad.

It isn't? So kids for example... We should teach our children that racism and other forms of discrimination are just fine because they're just word, just ignore them. And if there are inevitable insidious effects? Pretend nothing's happening, better yet shove your head in the sand and hope they don't start with the fisty cuffs because then you've got big trouble . . .

That sound about right?

No one suffers from "real discrimination" in the west anymore.

I'd also like to add that your analogy was incredibly stupid. Hitler literally ordered his workers and followers to commit his evil deeds. If you think the same applies here then you're a bit baft.

It was just him having an argument his followers acting stupid on their own accord. Whereas on the other hand, you have countless tweets of Leslie ACTUALLY BEING OFFENSIVE AND RACIST and telling her followers to harass various people

I mean for gods sake. I didn't even know who leslie jones was until today but look at this:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/07/20/double-standards-leslie-jones-racist-twitter-history/

And that's just a few of them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 49
I'd also like to add that your analogy was incredibly stupid. Hitler literally ordered his workers and followers to commit his evil deeds. If you think the same applies here then you're a bit baft.

It was just him having an argument his followers acting stupid. Whereas on the otherhand, you have countless tweets of Leslie ACTUALLY BEING OFFENSIVE AND RACIST and telling her followers to harass various.

I mean for gods sake. I didn't even know who leslie jones was until today but look at this:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/07/20/double-standards-leslie-jones-racist-twitter-history/
And that's just a few of them.

Just so you know they will likely dismiss clear evidence because it is a right wing website not buzzfeed
Original post by joecphillips
Just so you know they will likely dismiss clear evidence because it is a right wing website not buzzfeed

tbh if they can look at something that clear and dismiss it then they're not worth debating with in the first place. And notice how that little popcorns person has stopped replying now lol. Using purely their logic, Leslie Jones should be banned ASAP. You can't pick and choose when to enforce a rule.

What does annoy me is how there's actual racist accounts that post every day with no punishment yet twitter has banned someone who hasn't posted a single racist tweet.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 51
tbh if they can look at something that clear and dismiss it then they're not worth debating with in the first place. And notice how that little popcorns person has stopped replying now lol. Using purely their logic, Leslie Jones should be banned ASAP. You can't pick and choose when to enforce a rule.

What does annoy me is how there's actual racist accounts that post every day with no punishment yet twitter has banned someone who hasn't posted a single racist tweet.

I know, yes milo is a provocateur but he has not broken the rules Twitter have, I have saw people calling for the death of white people, men and cops and they are still active but criticise a propaganda film and you get banned.
Original post by Sisuphos
Says who? and which neoliberals voted for it?

Aggressive military action violates the non-aggression principle of Classical Liberalism. George Bush is a capitalist who voted for it, Ron Paul is a capitalist who opposed it.
Original post by Atlas Thugged
Aggressive military action violates the non-aggression principle of Classical Liberalism. George Bush is a capitalist who voted for it, Ron Paul is a capitalist who opposed it.

NAP is not really classically liberal. The classical liberals like Smith, Locke, Hume and later Hayek, Friedman, Mises were not NAPers.

NAP libertarians are usually anarcho-capitalists like Rothbard and Rand if she knew what she was talking about (which she didn't). Nozick was an exemption.

Mods: wtf is wrong with the quotation system? I don't receive notifications when someone quotes me.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending