The Student Room Group

Quiet sex in halls.

Sorry if it's tmi, but how do you reduce the noise from sex when you're in a student accommodation? I don't want to fall out with my flatmates (2 are my coursemates) over me and my bf intimacy activity.

So,what do you suggest? Because it's not like we wont do it.. just don't want to feel uncomfortable and upset anyone.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Play music.
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry if it's tmi, but how do you reduce the noise from sex when you're in a student accommodation? I don't want to fall out with my flatmates (2 are my coursemates) over me and my bf intimacy activity.

So,what do you suggest? Because it's not like we wont do it.. just don't want to feel uncomfortable and upset anyone.

Do it when people arent around or in a car away from your accommodation if you dont want to upset anyone
Use gags.
Loud music makes it obvious, but at least they won't hear the action. I think loud music is just a signal for 'we're ****ing' unless it's a room party.
@goam you are going to live in halls right?
Reply 6
Original post by eden3
Play music.

Yeah, thought of that
Reply 7
Original post by Protoxylic
Loud music makes it obvious, but at least they won't hear the action. I think loud music is just a signal for 'we're ****ing' unless it's a room party.

Yeah, it does, which is annoying, and walls are usually thin in halls. so it's not like it wont be heard.
Music, pretty much.

The girl that used to live below me occasionally pulled, and the walls were pretty thick and there was a good distance between us. I had to resort to using earphones, so here's hoping your flat mates have a similar idea.
Yeah, it does, which is annoying, and walls are usually thin in halls. so it's not like it wont be heard.

Well then what do you want as an answer, either be more quiet or put music over it, there isn't much more you can do.
same two answers as anyone's gonna give ya - just be quieter or play loud music...
Reply 11
Keep yer mouths shut then
Reply 12
Sex happens at uni and you shouldn't feel embarrassed for enjoying an important element of your relationship. Aside from music or decline in the quality of the sex you have their isn't much you can do.

Your flat mates can find their own ways of dealing with it. You're all adults and I'm sure they are mature enough not to judge you for enjoying quality time with your partner.
Original post by STLJA
Sex happens at uni and you shouldn't feel embarrassed for enjoying an important element of your relationship. Aside from music or decline in the quality of the sex you have their isn't much you can do.

Your flat mates can find their own ways of dealing with it. You're all adults and I'm sure they are mature enough not to judge you for enjoying quality time with your partner.

They are just starting uni, undergraduates are pretty immature. Plus they are coursemates, so they will be with her till her uni days. I suggest making good first impressions and not do it in halls.
I'm starting uni this year whilst my boyfriend is at home so we'll be long distance and I've been wondering about this. I don't want to compromise my sex life for uni, I don't want to only be able to do it once every two months when I go to see him at home, but I don't want to make people uncomfortable hearing us. Some people say just do it elsewhere...like where? We can't afford a hotel every time we see each other
Reply 15
I'm starting uni this year whilst my boyfriend is at home so we'll be long distance and I've been wondering about this. I don't want to compromise my sex life for uni, I don't want to only be able to do it once every two months when I go to see him at home, but I don't want to make people uncomfortable hearing us. Some people say just do it elsewhere...like where? We can't afford a hotel every time we see each other

in the woods
Reply 16
Contain your ecstatic moans, shrieks and roars. Play a little bit of music. Exploit the live and let live culture that by and large exists in halls. It's not really a problem.
Reply 17
Lmao I would let them hear it
Hotel
They are just starting uni, undergraduates are pretty immature. Plus they are coursemates, so they will be with her till her uni days. I suggest making good first impressions and not do it in halls.

Oh this is second year. And we haven't lived together and they know my boyfriend for the past 8 months

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending