The Student Room Group

SAT Scores/Scottish Highers

Hi!

I;m starting my application to attend university in the US. I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to calculate GPA or SAT scores from Scottish qualifications?

Thanks in advance
It doesn't convert. You have to actually sit for the SAT or ACT. US schools don't really make decisions based on GPA as such, as they adjust for the difficulty of the classes and school. You could get some idea what they are looking for in Scottish scores by converting to approximate A-level scores and getting an idea what schools are looking for with that. However, it isn't like you get such and such scores and you usually get an offer though, at least with top US schools.
Original post by eruss1508
Hi!

I;m starting my application to attend university in the US. I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to calculate GPA or SAT scores from Scottish qualifications?

Thanks in advance

Do not bother converting anything to a gpa, please.

Lol, everyone has to sit the SAT tests you don't get an exemption being scottish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You don't "convert" to the SAT. You must sit either the SAT or ACT alongside your scottish highers
Reply 4
Original post by Princepieman
Do not bother converting anything to a gpa, please.

I think you have to, don't you? They ask for a weighted high school CGPA and our school makes us convert everything to a GPA scale.

Original post by eruss1508

You must sit for the SAT or ACT. Your secondary qualifications will not be considered to be equivalent to the standardised tests.
Original post by Ayman!
I think you have to, don't you? They ask for a weighted high school CGPA and our school makes us convert everything to a GPA scale.

You don't. All of my friends who've applied have just left that blank.

Your school is an exception then, because for the most part adcoms will segment applicants into separate qualification pools anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ayman!

South Asian schools are a bit weird xD But nah you don't (or you're not supposed to) convert to GPA
Reply 7
Original post by Princepieman
You don't. All of my friends who've applied have just left that blank.

Your school is an exception then, because for the most part adcoms will segment applicants into separate qualification pools anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Student403
South Asian schools are a bit weird xD But nah you don't (or you're not supposed to) convert to GPA

I thought they were doing something funny...

We get a mean GPA based on all exams, including school mocks, GCSEs and A-levels since year 10. So my pre GCSE mocks basically weigh as much as my A2s when considering my final GPA, which I thought was absolute nonsense.

Thanks guys! I've been misinformed. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending