The Student Room Group

Why is it so impossible for me to just ****ing make friends ffs its not fair i feel

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
My conversations in person are the best because I am myself. Noone wants me in their group for some reason its obvious.

I remember I once told people I didnt have their number and they disnt say anything for me to get theirs.

THINKING ABOUT ALL OF THIS MAKES ME DEPRESSED

Mate in secondary school I didn't really have friends and at the time I didn't really mind as I liked being by myself, I would just read books or watch an anime on my phone in the library. I transferred to a different school for sixth form and thats where I found what type of person I was and made friends. So what I am trying to say is be patient and you will make friends, I know at the moment you feel terrible but it will get better. Also in uni you will definitely make friends and some life time friends. All the best :biggrin:
x

i'll be your friend
Reply 22
I feel the same. It's like I'm some sort of repellent for potential friends.
Its simple really, there's no quick fix to this though. Firstly, you have a lot of negativity in your post, people don't want to be around someone that will bring down the mood and the atmosphere around them, be positive and learn to enjoy the process of meeting people and building a connection with people. Secondly, you're approaching things in a 'need friends' kinda way, it sounds a little desperate. Desperation makes everything a little awkward and it's a bit pressurising. Just enjoy your time there, turn to someone next to you, say hi and introduce yourself to them. If you want to meet people, join some clubs in your area, meet some new people. Don't bog yourself down with impressing people in your sixth form.

Although negativity aside, one thing I admire most about you though is that you're not a quitter, don't stop, be positive, strike convo with randoms and be the best version of yourself. Good luck anonymous Bro! :tongue:
Original post by Jazzy97
Its simple really, there's no quick fix to this though. Firstly, you have a lot of negativity in your post, people don't want to be around someone that will bring down the mood and the atmosphere around them, be positive and learn to enjoy the process of meeting people and building a connection with people. Secondly, you're approaching things in a 'need friends' kinda way, it sounds a little desperate. Desperation makes everything a little awkward and it's a bit pressurising. Just enjoy your time there, turn to someone next to you, say hi and introduce yourself to them. If you want to meet people, join some clubs in your area, meet some new people. Don't bog yourself down with impressing people in your sixth form.

Although negativity aside, one thing I admire most about you though is that you're not a quitter, don't stop, be positive, strike convo with randoms and be the best version of yourself. Good luck anonymous Bro! :tongue:

I really am not negative in real life, im negative in the post because I was ranting :frown:. Anyways yeah I struck a convo today I got a bit far and then just suddenly got ignored (facebook says when someone was last active so I know that I was ignored) lmao
Original post by UWS
I feel the same. It's like I'm some sort of repellent for potential friends.

Ikr everyone just seems so ****ing reluctant to accept new people into their groups, its ********. If I can't make any friends by the end of summer **** it I will just become famous xD
Reply 26
I've felt exactly the same way for quite a while now, and would PM you if you weren't posting anonymously, but yeah I advise to just message anyone and everyone who seems mildly interesting (I'm always up for conversations), and while a lot will probably not be so talkative (if they even respond at all), and eventually ignore or give the "seen" response, with a bit of luck you might find someone in the same position, just wanting to talk to people
I really am not negative in real life, im negative in the post because I was ranting :frown:. Anyways yeah I struck a convo today I got a bit far and then just suddenly got ignored (facebook says when someone was last active so I know that I was ignored) lmao

That's good keep chatting to people, maybe try in real life? stay positive, you'll get far in life that way :smile:

Piece of advice here, don't bother with the last active thing on social media tbh, sometimes people just have their own life and may not have message you for various reasons bth. If someone ignores you, just play it off and talk to someone else. If they reply cool, if not then it's no skin off your nose coz you have some new people to talk to. Honestly, it'll be a bit hard at first, but you can do it :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending