The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamestg
I did and that's because I didn't put the work in. This year, I really did put the work in. Hence why I got a place on the Cambridge residential whereas those few people with mostly A*s at my school did not.

Was very complacent last year, but this year I knew I hadn't secured the grades until I actually took the exam. Obvious I know, however post (very good) GCSE mocks I thought I had secured all A*s

Sound mate, I hope you do well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Harsh.... Shouldn't make such presumptions about a guy you don't know

1. How was I harsh?
2. Which presumptions did I make?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sacred Ground
1. How was I harsh?
2. Which presumptions did I make?

Posted from TSR Mobile

'Under performed' ' too generous'. Might as well have said ' you did **** at GCSE and you're being unrealistic'. Anyway I remember being in that GCSE results day thread and I swear they got like 1 A* few As and Bs. Not really under performing?

Assuming he did badly without knowing how hard he worked( which he clarified in the last post)
Edit: the guy was fine with it and don't rly want to start an argument so I'm just going to leave it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ScienceFantatic
'Under performed' ' too generous'. Might as well have said ' you did **** at GCSE and you're being unrealistic'. Anyway I remember being in that GCSE results day thread and I swear they got like 1 A* few As and Bs. Not really under performing?

Assuming he did badly without knowing how hard he worked( which he clarified in the last post)
Edit: the guy was fine with it and don't rly want to start an argument so I'm just going to leave it.

I remember him saying he underperformed for his own expectations, I wasn't calling his results '****' so jump off your moral high horse and do one. Ty.
I remember him saying he underperformed for his own expectations, I wasn't calling his results '****' so jump off your moral high horse and do one. Ty.

Lemme be blatent...
You came across sounding like a total c*nt regardless of whether or not that was your aim.
#sorrynotsorry:colonhash:
Original post by Leechayy
Lemme be blatent...
You came across sounding like a total c*nt regardless of whether or not that was your aim.
#sorrynotsorry:colonhash:

Lemme be blatent...

I really don't care what your opinion is of me, you're some random individual over the internet. Now please, stop trying to derail the thread by provoking an argument.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1086
*cries and yelps* Look what this thread has become. Just a barrage of criticism. What have I created!?
Original post by SH0405
*cries and yelps* Look what this thread has become. Just a barrage of criticism. What have I created!?

No tsr thread is complete without the obligatory 'you didn't get all A*'s at Gcse?!'
Original post by MahuduElec
No tsr thread is complete without the obligatory 'you didn't get all A*'s at Gcse?!'

So so true. They don't determine how well you will do at A-Level :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Lemme be blatent...

I really don't care what your opinion is of me, you're some random individual over the internet. Now please, stop trying to derail the thread by provoking an argument.

Never said you had to care lol:tongue:
So please don't get salty:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by target21859
So so true when they don't determine how well you do at A-Level :wink:

R.I.P A-Level chat thread thing
2016-2016
1 rep = 1 unconditional firm
Gone but not forgotten

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leechayy
R.I.P A-Level chat thread thing
2016-2016
1 rep = 1 unconditional firm
Gone but not forgotten

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't understand :curious:
Lemme be blatent...

Just a question, what does his A-Level performance have to do with you?
Original post by Aph
I'm sure you've done great :h:

Can't wait to post here that I did actually get my offer but will stay pessimistic for now
Original post by Aph
I'm sure you've done great :h:

Thanks for the positivity ; hopefully I can post my good set of grades on this thread in 25 days time argh
Reply 1095
Original post by fefssdf
Can't wait to post here that I did actually get my offer but will stay pessimistic for now

What are your offers?
I guess hope for the best but prepare for the worse?
Original post by target21859
So so true. They don't determine how well you will do at A-Level :wink:

The amount of people I know with A* GCSE's who aren't gonna get straight A's is rather shocking ; hope I'm not one of them as well !
Original post by Aph
What are your offers?
I guess hope for the best but prepare for the worse?

firm - AAA
insurance - A*(maths)AB

Lmao
26 days?!

Okay I know I've been saying it's going slowly but I definitely remember it being 84 and 60 so where on earth has the time gone?

There was a time I thought I'd break down before the countdown went into the twenties.

So nervous alfjbfjqbflovqfbvq

Also where's the big TSR countdown box thingy like there was last year? :biggrin:
Reply 1099
Original post by fefssdf
firm - AAA
insurance - A*(maths)AB

Lmao

That second one is rather weird :lol: well good luck :h:

Quick Reply

Latest