The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

work on your skills, build your confidence and you will feel more attractive
Original post by fandom-queen
I just........I'm tired of looking around and feeling so inferior to everyone. I'm a girl, and my friends, friends of friends are SO SO pretty. TBH, it's not something I've ever.....worried about. I'm not shallow, I promise, and I know you have to look beneath the surface. I've been a kind of "messt hair, no care" sort of person, a bit of a non-concerned-with-looks and she-doesn't-care-that-she's-not-beautiful kind of person. At least, that's the front I put up.

Everywhere I look, these girls, wearing these amazing crop tops, with their 35-25-35 selves looking so amazing and then.....there's me. There's just sad old me.

I'm not asking for compliments. I'm not asking for "I'm sure you're pretty too" and I'm not fishing for praises. I just want to feel pretty. Is that just a bad thing?

How do you cope? How do you deal with feeling really ugly?

I apologise if this is just one of many similar threads, but, I think, the way I act, don't-carish, people forget I'm a girl too. And it matters to me. And i have no one to talk to about this stuff. No one who understands, anyway. (Except one friend who is really annoyed at me for thinking this way, but, I don't think she understands what I mean)

Here's how I think of it:

I'm not beautiful in or out but who gives a **** at least I don't look like anyone else. Ta dah
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Here's how I think of it:

I'm not beautiful in or out but who gives a **** at least I don't look like anyone else. Ta dah

OMG, that's actually really good advice

Spoiler

I don't wear makeup (banned by my parents, plus, I hate it) and I am chubby. Thanks, you give me hope.

Spoiler

:rofl:
You get to look at them and they have to look at you, who's the real winner? :h:
:h:
(edited 7 years ago)
बेटी.
मैंने तुझे बिना मेकअप में देखा हैं.
तू सुन्दर हैं और किसी और का ओपिनियन ज़रूरी नहीं रहता हैं यह जाने के लिए.
तू चिंता मत कर इसके बारे में.
If you want to feel prettier then make a change - without meaning to sound arrogant, people say I'm 'pretty' but if they saw me without makeup, they'd think I was about 7 years old. As someone said before me, a little bit of make up makes a massive difference - pencilling your eyebrows in and wearing some mascara and eyeliner honestly makes me feel so much better about myself. Try it. But why do your parents ban makeup?
Original post by Eternalflames
बेटी.

ching chong chang ching
Original post by ckfeister
ching chong chang ching

:rolleyes:

It's the inside that matters. But if you're really unhappy with yourself, do something about it. Eat cleaner, workout (this really makes you feel more confident), dress better, do something with your hair and (if you want) wear a little makeup. There's nothing wrong with putting some effort in.
Reply 29

How do you cope? How do you deal with feeling really ugly?

i dont smh
I know how you feel, also (i know this isn't really relevant as such but all my friends seem so much happier than I do, they've all got boyfriends, going on holidays, got jobs, got good alevel grades coming up and I'm just stuck in a rut because of anxiety and other health problems that's affected everything for over 5 years of my life and I'm now 17) so I completley understand how you feel.

Just remember though, personality is the key, outside beauty is just a layer of many many other layers underneath that are more important, like being healthy, happy etc. Just because people look pretty, deep down, they may not be all what it shows (i for one know that from personal experience)..

We're all beautiful in our own special way.. remember that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you're chubby, then slim down. Most people do not find chubby or fat attractive.
I don't wear makeup (banned by my parents, plus, I hate it) and I am chubby. Thanks, you give me hope.

Spoiler

Well there is two easy and big improvements you can make. Lose weight will boost your looks and self esteem. Learn how to do makeup... ask for advice online and learn (Seeing as it sounds like you are uncomfortable asking your female friends)
I bet you're beautiful. Chin up! :h:
Original post by ckfeister
ching chong chang ching

You can't even get racism right.
I'm at this weird juxtaposition, where, I know I shouldn't care, but I do. I just don't want people to know that I care, because I'm scared they'll.......judge me? To the point where, I feel like, they may think, look at her, trying so hard, but, she'll never be pretty.

I know it's stupid, but, I can't help it. I really can't. I've tried so much, but, there's always a mirror close by.

Spoiler

19:

Spoiler

29:

Spoiler

My advice would be to choose one thing at a time about yourself that you dislike; then, work on it.
Original post by Eternalflames
बेटी.

Spoiler

Original post by miapeters
If you want to feel prettier then make a change - without meaning to sound arrogant, people say I'm 'pretty' but if they saw me without makeup, they'd think I was about 7 years old. As someone said before me, a little bit of make up makes a massive difference - pencilling your eyebrows in and wearing some mascara and eyeliner honestly makes me feel so much better about myself. Try it. But why do your parents ban makeup?

I don't think they like me with it, tbh. My mum keeps saying she'll allow when I go to uni.

Yeah, I understand. I'm really baby-faced, it's another insecurity I have. Like, really. I'm turning 17, and I still have people coming up to me and askingg me if I'm in Year 7.

SIGH
Original post by CaitlinN15
I know how you feel, also (i know this isn't really relevant as such but all my friends seem so much happier than I do, they've all got boyfriends, going on holidays, got jobs, got good alevel grades coming up and I'm just stuck in a rut because of anxiety and other health problems that's affected everything for over 5 years of my life and I'm now 17) so I completley understand how you feel.

Just remember though, personality is the key, outside beauty is just a layer of many many other layers underneath that are more important, like being healthy, happy etc. Just because people look pretty, deep down, they may not be all what it shows (i for one know that from personal experience)..

We're all beautiful in our own special way.. remember that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, and I'm sorry all this happened. I'm 17 too (or about to turn) and I completely understand.
Original post by drowzee
:rolleyes:

It's the inside that matters. But if you're really unhappy with yourself, do something about it. Eat cleaner, workout (this really makes you feel more confident), dress better, do something with your hair and (if you want) wear a little makeup. There's nothing wrong with putting some effort in.

chang ching chong

Latest

Trending

Trending