The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

This poll is closed

What grades are you expecting on results day?

A*A*A* (A2 only) 6%
A*A*A (A2 only) 5%
A*AA (A2 only) 9%
AAA 11%
AAB 14%
ABB 12%
BBB 5%
BBC 6%
BCC 5%
CCC 2%
CCD 4%
A*AB (A2 only) 5%
A*BB (A2 only) 1%
ABC 6%
ACC 1%
Other7%
Total votes: 3310
:tsr:

2016 AS/A2 Results Day Thread
GOOD LUCK! SH0405

CONGRATULATIONS!
FAQs
[Credit to @PQ]

Results

Are this year's papers and mark schemes available?
UPDATE: Neither papers nor mark schemes can be linked here due to copyright reasons.

When do grade boundaries get released?
UPDATE: Grade boundaries have been released.

Track on Results Day

When will Track update?
Track will go live between 6am and 8am on results day. UCAS are saying 8am - it might go live earlier. It WON'T go live at midnight. At that point EVERYONE will be able to see any decisions that their universities have sent to UCAS. Just because it's live doesn't mean it will update for everyone. About 100,000 people the year before last didn't get a clear answer from Track first thing on Results Day - they had to collect their results and then ring up their firm/insurance unit.

My Track didn't change - is it worth hitting refresh until it does?
NO - once Track goes live again it then gets re-frozen in that state (because UCAS need to handle everyone and their dog hitting refresh constantly). Track WILL NOT CHANGE between 6am and midday. Hitting refresh just slows things down for everyone else. Give yourself some good karma - get off Track and go and buy the Telegraph (just in case), get together your contact numbers for your unis, top your phone up with credit (and charge it) and get ready to collect your results from School.

My Track didn't change! That means I failed!
NO - Universities have to MANUALLY compare every set of results with the offer conditions - even if it's a simple YES or NO for every one of those that means a lot of data input to put in to their database to send through to UCAS.If Track hasn't changed then that means that either:
a) You've met your offer and your uni knows that and hasn't got round to telling UCAS.
b) You've met your offer and your uni doesn't know that because your results got muddled up so they're waiting to talk to you to check before telling UCAS.
c) You've missed your offer but your uni wants you anyway but hasn't got round to telling UCAS.
d) You've imssed your offer but your uni want to make you an offer for a similar but less full course and haven't got round to telling UCAS.
e) You've missed your offer and your uni haven't decided yet whether they can take you or not - they might need to see how many Insurance people they have to take before they know they've got room first.
f) You've missed your offer and your firm uni doesn't want you but hasn't got round to telling UCAS.In other words - if Track hasn't changed that doesn't give ANY indication as to whether your results are good or bad. In fact in some ways it's good - of those applicants who got a definite answer on results day last year...?....some of them got a definite rejection. Being in limbo for a couple of hours is a GOOD thing compared to that.

My Firm place has confirmed me! That means I passed my A levels!
NO - remember - these things are decided MANUALLY....someone somewhere sits down with a pile of UCAS forms and a list of results and ticks off results against offers. If your firm has confirmed you - well done! You're in! BUT don't go into School/College expecting to see a long line of A grades. Just as a lot of unis can be slow in sending decisions to UCAS, some unis are VERY quick and will not only confirm the people who met their offers but will have confirmed a whole BUNCH of people who missed their grades.

TSR Forums

Click here (Post Your Results, AS)
Click here (Post Your Results, A2)
Click here (Grade Boundaries)

Results Day Flowchart
[credit to @PQ]

Click here

Clearing/Adjustment

Click here

Performance Analysis

Click here

Helpful People*

@PQ, @Carnationlilyrose, @usycool1, @Puddles the Monkey, @Changing Skies, @claireestelle, @Nirgilis, @Slowbro93

*Well, they were helpful last year.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SH0405
The 18th August may seem a long way away, but with exams now in full swing, it will be upon us in the blink of an eye. I thought I'd make this thread (again) having received my A2 results last year. Useful stuff will inevitably be added to this thread as time progresses. In the mean time, post your thoughts regarding exams, results day, university and perhaps predict what grades you'll get. Good Luck!

:hello: Hello again! Are you at university now? How's that going?

A-Levels: AQA Sociology, OCR Psychology and WJEC Film Studies.
AS Grades: ABC respectively (I also have EEUU from a failed attempt at year 12)
Firm University/Course: Journalism, Media & Sociology at Cardiff
Required Grades: ABB.

Only had one exam so far. I retook the Film exam from last year. I don't really know how it went to be honest. :cookie:

I never thought I'd be posting on here as an A2 with a university offer :eek3:
Reply 2
Original post by emiloujess
:hello: Hello again! Are you at university now? How's that going?

A-Levels: AQA Sociology, OCR Psychology and WJEC Film Studies.
AS Grades: ABC respectively (I also have EEUU from a failed attempt at year 12)
Firm University/Course: Journalism, Media & Sociology at Cardiff
Required Grades: ABB.

Only had one exam so far. I retook the Film exam from last year. I don't really know how it went to be honest. :cookie:

I never thought I'd be posting on here as an A2 with a university offer :eek3:

Why hello there....I am indeed at University (Warwick) now. It's going pretty well. So far, anyway. Have you got an insurance choice?
Imagine this you fail miserably by doing far worse than you expected, not only do you hate yourself but the people you love the most are clearly disappointed. On top of that your teachers advices you to do a BTEC hair and beauty course.

Then you wake up.
(edited 7 years ago)
Satan is approaching nooooooooooooo00000000000OOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo00oooOO
I hope to get to camp bridge I got abc ATM I hope to improve
Original post by SH0405
Why hello there....I am indeed at University (Warwick) now. It's going pretty well. So far, anyway. Have you got an insurance choice?

What course are you doing? I'm glad it's going well! 😊 Yeah my insurance is Aberystwyth for International Politics & Intelligence Studies. I changed the course at Cardiff so I'm really hoping I don't end up at Aber because I don't like the course as much.
Reply 7
What course are you doing?

Discrete Maths (Maths and Computer Science basically).
Original post by SH0405
Discrete Maths (Maths and Computer Science basically).

Awesome 😃 This countdown migh help too, I've had it saved in Bookmarks for about a week 😂

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20160818T0730&p0=136&msg=Countdown+Timer&font=hand&csz=1
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ImagineCats
Satan is approaching nooooooooooooo00000000000OOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo00oooOO

Yup, the dreaded Results Day :frown: Are you AS or A2? :smile:
Yup, the dreaded Results Day :frown: Are you AS or A2? :smile:

AS :frown: So excited for uni and these exams have been horrible so now I'm feeling terrible and petrified! My unis need ABB mostly so if I get BBC this year all should be good but AH SO SCARED

You?
AS :frown: So excited for uni and these exams have been horrible so now I'm feeling terrible and petrified! My unis need ABB mostly so if I get BBC this year all should be good but AH SO SCARED

You?

I've been AS twice, I know how you feel :frown: I'm A2 :smile: You might have done better than you think, I know if I'm feeling awful about an exam I've normally done okay! My firm's ABB :biggrin: What subjects are you doing? Do you already know what uni course you want to do? :tongue:
I've been AS twice, I know how you feel :frown: I'm A2 :smile: You might have done better than you think, I know if I'm feeling awful about an exam I've normally done okay! My firm's ABB :biggrin: What subjects are you doing? Do you already know what uni course you want to do? :tongue:

I'm not allowed to resit AS! Because all the courses next year are changing I'll have to start a brand new course so teachers aren't allowing it iuh;weihgareihgelriugber

Ah cool which ones your firm? For what subject?

Currently doing biology, German and geography and 50/50 about taking on a genetics degree if I get a C in biology, or a geography w/ international development degree! Both sound so fun :biggrin:
I'm not allowed to resit AS! Because all the courses next year are changing I'll have to start a brand new course so teachers aren't allowing it iuh;weihgareihgelriugber

Ah cool which ones your firm? For what subject?

Currently doing biology, German and geography and 50/50 about taking on a genetics degree if I get a C in biology, or a geography w/ international development degree! Both sound so fun :biggrin:

Resitting AS wasn't nice, but I'm glad I did. I ended up at a college I love with wonderful teachers and amazing subjects (Sociology, Psychology and Film) plus a chance of getting into a decent university! My firm is Cardiff for Journalism, Media & Sociology.

That sounds interesting! :biggrin: No idea what international development is though haha :tongue:
Resitting AS wasn't nice, but I'm glad I did. I ended up at a college I love with wonderful teachers and amazing subjects (Sociology, Psychology and Film) plus a chance of getting into a decent university! My firm is Cardiff for Journalism, Media & Sociology.

That sounds interesting! :biggrin: No idea what international development is though haha :tongue:

My sisters at Cardiff atm 2nd year! She does economics and absolutely adores both the course and the area. Being from London it was a change but everyones so friendly and the social life is amazing!

I've barely covered international development (thats A2 geography!) but the course structure talks about expanding megacities and their challenges, exploitation of workers and just how countries develop really. Seems so interesting, and the career paths aren't narrow so I can slide into journalism or lecturing or working for an NGO or UN or anything!! And the degree at UEA lets me take 20 credits of a language too, so I can either pick up a new one or stick with my beloved German :biggrin: Just can't wait for uni!!
My sisters at Cardiff atm 2nd year! She does economics and absolutely adores both the course and the area. Being from London it was a change but everyones so friendly and the social life is amazing!

I've barely covered international development (thats A2 geography!) but the course structure talks about expanding megacities and their challenges, exploitation of workers and just how countries develop really. Seems so interesting, and the career paths aren't narrow so I can slide into journalism or lecturing or working for an NGO or UN or anything!! And the degree at UEA lets me take 20 credits of a language too, so I can either pick up a new one or stick with my beloved German :biggrin: Just can't wait for uni!!

Yes, I've heard a lot of good things about Cardiff :love: Really looking forward to it! That does sound interesting actually! :smile: I'm glad you've got something to aim for, and that you're looking forward to university :smile: Uni has been my dream for years and now it might actually come true! :eek3:
Yes, I've heard a lot of good things about Cardiff :love: Really looking forward to it! That does sound interesting actually! :smile: I'm glad you've got something to aim for, and that you're looking forward to university :smile: Uni has been my dream for years and now it might actually come true! :eek3:

I've been looking since year 9 when my brother went! I'm so happy its working out for you- good luck with everything! :biggrin:
I've been looking since year 9 when my brother went! I'm so happy its working out for you- good luck with everything! :biggrin:

Thanks, best of luck to you as well :smile:
Reply 18
These exams have been horrible.

How many exams have you had?
Original post by SH0405
How many exams have you had?

5/6

Quick Reply