The Student Room Group

Seeing other girls as attractive when in a relationship?

What do guys in relationships think when they see other attractive girls? I know that guys and girls will find other people attractive, so that's not an issue.
I just wonder what men actually think when they see these girls that are (might be more) attractive? Do you think she's more attractive than your partner? That you want to sleep with them? Fantasize about them? I really don't get it!
Depends what you mean by wanting to sleep with someone? Men can think about fantasizing or sleeoping with many women every day, but thats all it is, just fantasy Finding someone else attractive isnt off limits, but its whether you act on it and do anything about it that counts. If you are constantly thinking x is more attractive than the person you are with, then perhaps think about why or whether you should be with them at all?
Original post by Anonymous
What do guys in relationships think when they see other attractive girls? I know that guys and girls will find other people attractive, so that's not an issue.
I just wonder what men actually think when they see these girls that are (might be more) attractive? Do you think she's more attractive than your partner? That you want to sleep with them? Fantasize about them? I really don't get it!

Guys do it all throughout their lives, married, single, engaged - it's all normal and you have nothing to worry about (unless it's the same girl everytime)

Its normal to look at other guys/girl in relationship... my bf does it (ps. he doesn't know I knew unless he reads this -cough- kevin -cough)
Reply 4
Original post by ckfeister
Its normal to look at other guys/girl in relationship... my bf does it (ps. he doesn't know I knew unless he reads this -cough- kevin -cough)

I know it's normal, though I never really notice guys anymore. I know lots of the girls my boyfriend finds attractive and DAMN they are hot, and lovely girls, so I can't blame him at all :tongue: I just wonder what goes through his head when he sees them
I know it's normal, though I never really notice guys anymore. I know lots of the girls my boyfriend finds attractive and DAMN they are hot, and lovely girls, so I can't blame him at all :tongue: I just wonder what goes through his head when he sees them

Oh look theres an attractibe girl- sex- football- night out- food- games- chores- neurotic gf etc.

Well mine is..
" he'll be in relationship in no time "
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
Oh look theres an attractibe girl- sex- football- night out- food- games- chores- neurotic gf etc.

Are you calling me neurotic?
Honestly, I just look. I don't really think anything.
Reply 9
Original post by -
Honestly, I just look. I don't really think anything.

Interesting to know, I've just been wondering what men thought, for some reason people are thinking I have a problem with it when I don't.
(edited 5 years ago)
I generally think "Damn she is fiiiit". And then think about having sex with her in numerous different ways if I really am that horny. Otherwise it will just end at my head's self confirmation of the person's attractivity.

What I don't do is start having romantic thoughts about her... Wanting to dine her etc. Not if I'm sufficiently romantically attracted to my partner anyway...
Are you calling me neurotic?

Men dont think memory of a goldfish. Its only natural if they see someone attractive that sex might cross their mind, but not as though they act on it or even realistically think they will.

Don't women think the same, but maybe less often?
Original post by 999tigger
Men dont think memory of a goldfish. Its only natural if they see someone attractive that sex might cross their mind, but not as though they act on it or even realistically think they will.

Don't women think the same, but maybe less often?

I can't speak for all women, but personally I haven't found other guys anywhere near as attractive as I might have/used to since being with my boyfriend and when I do, my thought process goes something like "he has a nice smile, but x is better and I miss him". I think women tend to be more of the "things remind me of him" and from this thread it appears men are more "she's hot, I want to have sex with her" without thinking about their girlfriend? I could be interpreting this incorrectly though.
I have a girlfriend, we've been in a relationship for nearly 6 months now, but I still see other girls and I want to have sexual relations with them just for the fact of having sex, but I feel guilty. I don't love my parenter any less, but i jusy feel guilty.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending