The Student Room Group

How would the Fast Track LPC and LPC compared to the GDL

So, I have been elected to be a delegate to national conference of a political party, but the conference is happening during the first few weeks of my LPC if I start in September. I am tempted to start a fast track LPC in January or a standard LPC then, and spend the extra three months doing legal volunteering.What I want to know is, how does the LPC compare to the GDL? If the GDL had been condensed I would probably be doing a resit right now, so I am concerned that if it is equally hard, I will fail.at the same time, can I miss a week on the LPC? or should I start a standard one in January, and spend an extra year as a paralegal (the firms I want to apply to all have September intakes)?What do we think?
As no one has answered I would say speak to your provider who will tell you whether you can catch up or not.

The LPC is a different beast to the GDL. I thought it was much easier but many found it much harder. There are lots more components to it.

I hear the accelerated LPC is tough though.

I personally wouldn't want to miss a week but I am quite the attendee

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by happyinthehaze
As no one has answered I would say speak to your provider who will tell you whether you can catch up or not.

The LPC is a different beast to the GDL. I thought it was much easier but many found it much harder. There are lots more components to it.

I hear the accelerated LPC is tough though.

I personally wouldn't want to miss a week but I am quite the attendee

Posted from TSR Mobile

Completely agree with this. Found the LPC far harder in terms of workload throughout the year, but it's actually easier to score well in. I think that's where the 'LPC is a breeze' reputation comes from. But in terms of workload, it's much higher, especially if you do the MSc with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending