The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by krishdesai7
Yeah that's what I thought too, but after reading physicsmaths's post, I presumed I was stupid and was missing something.

It makes sense too. Emma's condition from what current students there tell me is nearly always 1, 1 it isn't one of the S,1 or S, S colleges...

And according to the FOI they were indeed only 1,1 offers in that request. It's stated at the top of each year's analysis. :smile:
Original post by physicsmaths
Your probably better off starting Dynamics if you want to do some mechanics.
(I duno y ur doing mech tho :wink: )

Posted from TSR Mobile

kk thanks. I dont really want to be doing it though, prefer to stick with GT but I wanted to keep it up somehow :tongue:
And the weird results day dreams are back.

Last night I dreamt that everyone with a Cambridge offer was on some rollercoaster and underneath were their grades, but all the grades were shuffled round so didn't correspond with the correct people. Somehow I managed to end up in the first class section of the rollercoaster with Blair Waldorf and Angela Merkel among others. Anyway fast forward a bit and anyone who missed their offer was sorted into college groups, then the ones who met their offer were allowed to come up with tasks to decide who to take. One college had people performing spells from Harry Potter, enough had some sort of Hunger Games thing going on. That's all I remember :lol:
Original post by C0balt
I remember you! I really like your avatar XD
Very nice of you to pop in and send us a lovely message :smile: congratulations for your results and I hope you're well too. Good luck with whatever you have planned for your future and please do continue to pop in and have a chat with us :biggrin:

Wow, Cobalt the fellow Christ's applicant remembers me! What an honour :u: Thanks for the good wishes! :biggrin: Really hope all went at least as well as it did in my case - I technically met the standard Cambridge offer (although they didn't make me such an offer but still) so you're obviously going to meet your offer as well, I'm sure!
I guess this might be the last ever Tompkins Table...

Trinity still #1
Pembroke up to #2
Christ's a big jump up to #3
Emma stays at #4
Johns up to #5

http://www.varsity.co.uk/news/10514

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill

Trinity still #1
Pembroke up to #2
Emma stays at #4
Johns up to #5

Posted from TSR Mobile

#corpusbounce

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill

Trinity still #1
Pembroke up to #2
Emma stays at #4
Johns up to #5

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol @ Homerton.
Atleast I won't be going thhere, the place ill be going aint even on the list.
Im considering oxford for my second gap year then cambridge again for my 3rd gap year then maybe the US for my 4th gap year. Input is welcomed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill

Trinity still #1
Pembroke up to #2
Emma stays at #4
Johns up to #5

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sad really, wish we could keep it
Lol @ Homerton.
Im considering oxford for my second gap year then cambridge again for my 3rd gap year then maybe the US for my 4th gap year. Input is welcomed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why?
Lol @ Homerton.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Homerton % of Firsts has gone up. You can add to that next year.

Or do engineering instead :wink:
Original post by hellomynameisr
Why?

Cause they r gna reject me since ive missed my offer by like 4 grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Homerton % of Firsts has gone up. You can add to that next year.

Or do engineering instead :wink:

If only i was going there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If only i was going there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doh! I forgot. Maybe you'll be pooled there :smile:
Original post by jneill
Doh! I forgot. Maybe you'll be pooled there :smile:

Pooled where?

Posted from TSR Mobile

From Girton to Hommerton. I'm confusing myself now... anyway it's all, er, academic. You'll be at Cambridge in October.
Original post by jneill
From Girton to Hommerton. I'm confusing myself now... anyway it's all, er, academic. You'll be at Cambridge in October.

Girton. Don't say that. My offer is frkm my homerton.
I missed my offer by alot since it was absurdly high due to another year but ive met or exceeded tbe standard offer if that means anything. Hoping someone will fish if pooled.
Girton. Don't say that. My offer is frkm my homerton.
I missed my offer by alot since it was absurdly high due to another year but ive met or exceeded tbe standard offer if that means anything. Hoping someone will fish if pooled.

Original post by jneill

Do they pool at christs(engineers) ? and what do they look for when pooling ?
Original post by Duke Glacia

Im pretty sure they pool anyone they think had a near miss on their offer/ they still think 'is good' if they dont want them themselves.
Original post by Duke Glacia

I stil wnt apology duke.
They pool anyone they think is of interest to other colleges.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This may be of interest to some of you - this was part of a reply I got when I inquired about my offer to Clare College:

"If you were to do substantially less well than your application suggests, and achieve only AAA* in the A-levels you take in 2016, then you would not have made your offer and you probably would not be accepted onto the course. In August, when the A-level results are released, we re-examine every application for which the offer has been missed. At this stage, any A-levels taken a year early would be one of the factors considered, even though such results would not be part of a conditional offer. We relax the offers for a small number of candidates, but we are unable to confirm places for most of the applicants who miss their offers."

(lol at A*AA being substantially less well)
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending