The Student Room Group

*Breaking* Migrant kills woman in southern Germany

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Opinion
So you hope that the victim is German?

Why did you reach this conclusion...?

It's because it can be inferred that the life of someone who isn't German is worth less than the life of someone who is, from your statement.
So if a terrorist attack happens in the UK, and either 100 British die or 100 non-British, you don't care which is it? Yeah right.

No I don't. I would care equally about both events. Please tell me, how does the value of someone's life depend on their nationality?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lawlieto
I think they mean that if someone dies in an attack like this it's horrible regardless of their nation. It's a tragedy even if the victim was a refugee. Surely, if you go abroad with your family, and someone from your family is murdered, you'd expect people around you to equally care even though you're not native in that country?

I never said that it wasn't a tragedy. Yes of course I would, but that doesn't mean that they would, although they may still care a lot.

Original post by AngryRedhead
That is probably the most insidious and disgusting thing someone has ever tried to put in my mouth :angry:

No, I do not hope that the victim is a german fyi, I just find your attitude towards non native german life disgusting. All human life is equal

The victim was either German or was not German, which would you prefer it be? Pick one. You either prefer it was a German or you don't, its simple.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
It was an innocent pregnant woman dude. I agree with you on a lot of things but that's just mean.

As I said above, the victim was either German or was not, you can only hope one of the choices.
(edited 7 years ago)
Because that would be racist.
Wait, what are you saying? I was talking about how the German authorities have been trying to cover up instances of refugees breaking the law; Cologne springs to mind. Therefore I was insinuating that one possible reason why he hadn't been punished beforehand for being involved in previous violence may have been because he was a refugee.
Original post by ubiquitousking
Why did you reach this conclusion...?

It's because it can be inferred that the life of someone who isn't German is worth less than the life of someone who is, from your statement.

So you hope that the victim was German? Why do you deem the lives of Germans less than all others?
We don't know the attack had any links to Islam yet

this could just be a lone lunatic, an isolated incident that the right are desperately trying to link with Muslims.
I never said that it wasn't a tragedy. Yes of course I would, but that doesn't mean that they would, although they may still care a lot.

The victim was either German or was not German, which would you prefer it be? Pick one. You either prefer it was a German or you don't, its simple.

As I said above, the victim was either German or was not, you can only hope one of the choices.

I don't see why you would hope at all... It's equally awful regardless of nationality.
So you hope that the victim was German? Why do you deem the lives of Germans less than all others?

He's not. You are deeming the lives of non-Germans less important than Germans by hoping that the victim was not German and instead a foreigner.
Original post by Ladbants
I don't see why you would hope at all... It's equally awful regardless of nationality.

I am always on the side of the home nation, my comment would be the same if the attack occurred in Germany, France, Peru, Nigeria or India.

Whilst for some reason you don't like Germans.
So you hope that the victim is German?

I must say, I have been on TSR a long time, but this has to be one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever seen...
I am always on the side of the home nation, my comment would be the same if the attack occurred in Germany, France, Peru, Nigeria or India.

Whilst for some reason you don't like Germans.

Why? Why do you take sides on this at all? If a British person was killed in India it would be equally as bad as an Indian being killed there.
Original post by Ladbants

The attack has happened already, I didn't hope that the attack happened in the first place did I? (In fact if people listened to me these attacks would happen less frequently).

I am asking you, if you had to hope that the victim was British or not, what would you hope? Pick one, there are only two choices available.

Couldn't care less if they were German or not. They're humans at the end of the day. That woman was carrying a life and was completely harmless! Why should her being German make her death more tragic?
The attack has happened already, I didn't hope that the attack happened in the first place did I? (In fact if people listened to me these attacks would happen less frequently).

I am asking you, if you had to hope that the victim was British or not, what would you hope? Pick one, there are only two choices available.

I wouldn't hope that it was either. The attack has happened and that is sad. Whether it was a native or a foreigner does not matter to me in the slightest.
Original post by Trapz99
Why? Why do you take sides on this at all? If a British person was killed in India it would be equally as bad as an Indian being killed there.

Let me ask a slightly different, yet linked question.

If someone you know was to be killed, would you prefer the death be a result of the actions of another person from this country, or by the actions of an illegal immigrant / someone allowed into the UK as a refugee.
Original post by JabaDaba12
This is the third time we have been told it's not clear that it was a terrorist attack. I smell a rat in the German police.

I think it's called denial. And being a PC nation.

//snort
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Couldn't care less if they were German or not. They're humans at the end of the day. That woman was carrying a life and was completely harmless! Why should her being German make her death more tragic?

If the attack occurred in the UK, would you prefer the victim was British or not (please pick one of the two choices).

If someone you know was to be killed, would you prefer the death be a result of the actions of another person from this country, or by the actions of an illegal immigrant / someone allowed into the UK as a refugee.

I would not prefer either. A person has died.
Original post by Trapz99
I would not prefer either. A person has died.

Please answer the question.
If the attack occurred in the UK, would you prefer the victim was British or not (please pick one of the two choices).

A normal human being would not prefer either. They would be sad at the death.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending