The Student Room Group

Important when asking someone out

What is most important? Is it being confident? Humour? Looks? If it's someone you aren't all that physically attracted to would you accept anyway if they were confident enough? Does confidence change your view of someone? Basically when you're asking someone out what's the most important thing you can do to bag a date.

Any help is very much appreciated sorry for all the questions lmao

Scroll to see replies

Sex is a different game. You can hate someone, be repulsed by them, and still want to sleep with them, if they're attractive or play with your feelings.

The important thing to do is to lie through your teeth, ignore them, make them jealous, do whatever you want to do, it works.
My fiancée just asked me out for coffee over Facebook,I love simple and sweet :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
My fiancée just asked me out for coffee over Facebook,I love simple and sweet :smile:

Was honestly considering this as a backup, did you know each other well before?
The most important thing is to be yourself :smile:

Yes, humour and confidence is good to have but don't try and force it, just be natural, and if the person doesn't appreciate your looks then thats their problem. I would rather be with someone who is naturally shy, then someone who tries too hard to impress

Hope that helps:h:
Reply 5
Good looks will usually get you the benefit of the doubt for a date. Aside from that your best bet is humour. The confidence to have a go is the baseline.
Original post by Anonymous

The poster you quoted said fiancee so I'm guessing yeah... ANYWAYZ :P

Yeah just be confident, don't be all apologetic about it, be assertive and sure of yourself like you want the date and you won't take no for an answer haha :tongue:

No humour needed per se, it's just a bonus I guess. I think it's more relevant on the date tbh (don't go out of your way to tell jokes...). Attractiveness is important obviously but it's a date, let them be the judge of your attractivess and if they reject, who cares move on lol their loss

Confidence is sexy, I'm more likely to go out with a girl that is confident that she likes me, and I'm sure a girl would want a guy that is sure of himself and goes out of his way to get the things he wants ;P

Guy speaking here, Go bag em up XD

Original post by Jazzy97

He asked me out for coffee, after having met once before and after speaking to me on facebook for some days before, so in fact we didn't know each other that well at all before dating really. I just loved how sweet and funny he came across so i thought this is a guy i'd like to go on a date with :smile:
Original post by claireestelle
He asked me out for coffee, after having met once before and after speaking to me on facebook for some days before, so in fact we didn't know each other that well at all before dating really. I just loved how sweet and funny he came across so i thought this is a guy i'd like to go on a date with :smile:

Ahh my bad lol, that sounds great haha :P
Reply 9
Confidence mainly, then looks.
Love reading the responses and opinions so any more experiences are welcomed. Very promising stuff.
Original post by Jazzy97

Yeah just be confident, don't be all apologetic about it, be assertive and sure of yourself like you want the date and you won't take no for an answer haha :tongue:

No humour needed per se, it's just a bonus I guess. I think it's more relevant on the date tbh (don't go out of your way to tell jokes...). Attractiveness is important obviously but it's a date, let them be the judge of your attractivess and if they reject, who cares move on lol their loss

Confidence is sexy, I'm more likely to go out with a girl that is confident that she likes me, and I'm sure a girl would want a guy that is sure of himself and goes out of his way to get the things he wants ;P

Guy speaking here, Go bag em up XD

Cheers brother.
Cheers brother.

No problem bro, wish you well. Don't be afraid to shoot me a message if you need anymore advice :smile:
It depends really tbh i like guys that are confident enough to come over and ask out casually, obviously i would want to be attracted physically to the guy as well as mentally, but to answer your question confidence does change my view on certain guys you could be a 5 physically and and go up to an 8 with confidence if you get what i mean Ohh yeeeh SMELL SMELL SMELL GOOD, SMELL can change everything :u::h:
What is your star sign?
Ohh Wow well this is kinda a half and half i mean if you have the confidence just flaunt it, if you don't then don't force the confidence and come out looking all arrogant some guys tend to isolate themselves into becoming and appearing confident and turn out looking like jerks. People think stereotypically girls are attracted to confident guys but if you're a little introverted its cool most girls don't even care honestly speaking from experience couldn't care less if you were kinda shy. who knows whatever you count as a flaw within yourself the girl might not even realize.
What's your nationality ? ik it has nothing to do with it but still ....?
No I feel like I'm perceived as shy when I can be really confident. I can kinda turn it on and off when I need it and when I don't. I'm not gonna come off as arrogant, I'll just be me but more "YEAH" if you catch my drift,

And I'm English.
When was the last time you spoke to this girl?
When was the last time you spoke to this girl?

Just over 12 months ago. A long time, should have never let it be this long, but not seeing her in person has been out of my control. I've seen her alone and thought right go for it, walked to go up to her, and a friend I hadn't seen for ages intercepted me. I've glanced at her as I was walking upstairs she was coming down. Didn't realise it was her until I reached the top. I've looked over at her when I've been hanging around with friends and she's with friends, but I've never just been "go for it", and get her away from them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending