The Student Room Group

Anyone else have really cheap friends

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
If it bothers you that much pay for them? And probably best not to snipe about them on TSR, not something a good friend should do :smile:

I'm anonymous baby how would they know
I don't care about having friends that are cheapskates, but nothing pisses me off more when they expect me to pay for them. Perhaps it's a little petty but I bought some swiss chocolate awhile ago and a friend of mine ate it and was like "You already had your half so I'll eat the rest" and I wanted to scream at her "BUT I PAID FOR IT FFS" :angry:. The same friend has said stuff like, "I'll go if you pay"...erm no :colonhash: I'm not made of money.
Original post by xobeauty
I'm anonymous baby how would they know

They wouldn't know, it's just something a good friend wouldn't do. I talk **** about people online sometimes but it's not something I'd do about people I care about, whether or not they could find out isn't relevant to me.

Don't know why I bothered to mention it tbh but there you go. :p:
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
They wouldn't know, it's just something a good friend wouldn't do. I talk **** about people online sometimes but it's not something I'd do about people I care about, whether or not they could find out isn't relevant to me.

Don't know why I bothered to mention it tbh but there you go. :p:

Your a good person .
Your a good person .

Are you saying you're not a good person?
Yeah they're cheap but I'm cheap as well.
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Are you saying you're not a good person?

I am s good person
Reply 27
Yes, and I understand why as some of them have financial difficulties, but we all help each other out if money is a problem whenever we go out.
not as bad as the stingy friend (i.e. me)
I once brought a couple of *mates* about 15 pints on a night out, one in particular had ten. Then last week he brought me one back. Now he thinks we are quits! ffs
Yeah I have a cheap friend, once for our friends birthday she literally gave her a old book she found and didn't use. But it's better than no present right? It's the thought that counts
Where is the best place to buy friends ?

Asking for a friend ... Oh wait I have none
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Yeah I have a cheap friend, once for our friends birthday she literally gave her a old book she found and didn't use. But it's better than no present right? It's the thought that counts

Hahaha oh wow that's pretty mean TBH like birthdays are when you're supposed to get nice things and not someone's old book :/ they could've just given them a card and some chocolate or something
Original post by john2054
I once brought a couple of *mates* about 15 pints on a night out, one in particular had ten. Then last week he brought me one back. Now he thinks we are quits! ffs

Hajajaja this person sounds like a right joker
Original post by tanyapotter
not as bad as the stingy friend (i.e. me)

Yh like I can survive for a month on under £10
Original post by fefssdf
Yh like I can survive for a month on under £10

my lifestyle costs me £10 a day, for most days, some days more if i decide to buy games!
Original post by fefssdf
Hahaha oh wow that's pretty mean TBH like birthdays are when you're supposed to get nice things and not someone's old book :/ they could've just given them a card and some chocolate or something

She actually has a weekend job but for some reason she still gave our friend a old book she previously owned, but the book was actually never used so it still looks new
I have a few and they are really hard to have fun with everything is about money... If money is an issue and you're going to ask oh how much is this how much is that... Just stay home. Problems

I'm that cheap friend. I have a tight focus on money and I do stay home in a lot of cases. Try not to let them heed how much fun you will have - I often feel guilty about bailing because of money
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
She actually has a weekend job but for some reason she still gave our friend a old book she previously owned, but the book was actually never used so it still looks new

right well I guess its better than nothing ; i thought i was tight but thats a whole new level lol
Original post by john2054
my lifestyle costs me £10 a day, for most days, some days more if i decide to buy games!

oh wow well I guess i'm just good at not giving into temptation and i get so guilty when i do spend money that recently I've just tried to avoid it altogether and i think its nice to live life not constantly thinking about what you're going to next spend cash on hmmm

Quick Reply

Latest