The Student Room Group

Does anyone watch Pakistani dramas?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mercuryman
I used to. Lol, I only watched them for songs tho.

Lol...you should continue. :smile: Yeah..they're songs are nice. :biggrin:
Original post by sulaimanali
Yeah :biggrin: they're songs are niceee.

Ahh man, do you know that artist who used to be in JAL? Forget his name, but his recent drama last year was pretty good. Not to mention, the opening song. :u:
Alsooooo highly recommend Jana Na Dil Se Door on Star Plus. Dont watch indian dramas very often but this one is ah-mazing!! :biggrin:
Ahh man, do you know that artist who used to be in JAL? Forget his name, but his recent drama last year was pretty good. Not to mention, the opening song. :u:

Adnaan Siddiqi?
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Adnaan Siddiqi?

Nah, he's the one that had the biggest glow up. AHsiglhkserjd I can't remember his name, he recently became an actor. Farhan something..
HumTV definitely have the best pakistani dramas. My favourite atm is Khwab Saraye :biggrin:
That's a nice one too :smile:
Nah, he's the one that had the biggest glow up. AHsiglhkserjd I can't remember his name, he recently became an actor. Farhan something..

Farhan saeed. My don did well in his first drama. Good singer too.:yy:
(edited 7 years ago)
Lol...you should continue. :smile: Yeah..they're songs are nice. :biggrin:

Lol, I literally judge dramas based on their opening songs. It's really hard for me to get into one. Do you have any recommendations?
Original post by Nettled
I assumed that's what got you into the dramas. And I was right :biggrin: Hah, I used to watch sometimes with my mum but then they took the subs off :frown: I never understood what they were on about so stopped watching any of the dramas... probably for the best though. Are Pakistani dramas just as long? Lol some of the ones my mum are watching are on episode 600 or something (last time I checked) and they still look they don't have an ending coming up soon.
It's always the ladies that get us into dramas..:wink: It shouldn't be too hard without the subs...HUM TV does subs on a few dramas.And no..Paki dramas are not long at all. Most of the weekly ones are between 35-40 mins along and are around 20-25 episodes. Indian ones are those never ending ones...even soaps of Paki dramas go up to like 300 max (ARY ones).
Alsooooo highly recommend Jana Na Dil Se Door on Star Plus. Dont watch indian dramas very often but this one is ah-mazing!! :biggrin:

Hmm..interesting :smile:
Lol, I literally judge dramas based on their opening songs. It's really hard for me to get into one. Do you have any recommendations?

Lool..I also judge somewhat based on opening songs (OST - original sound track). Udaari on HUM TV is simply phenomenal. Zara Yaad Kar is apparently good. Teri Chah Mein on ARY Digital..Izn-e-Rukshat on Geo TV.
Reply 31
Farhan saeed. My don did well in his first drama. Good singer too.:yy:

I liked him far better in Daay Ijazat Jo Tu. He has a really annoying role in Udaari.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
I liked him far better in Daay Ijazat Jo Tu. He has a really annoying role in Udaari.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I was referring to him in De ijazat jo tu. I didn't like the last 5 or so episodes after he

Spoiler

Though, I didn't know he's part of another drama already? DIJT did wonders for him then lol/
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my...I'm totally the opposite. I like him as Arsh. At first I wasn't too keen but he progressed well and he was very good in yesterday's episode. Daay Ijazat was an average drama...the OST was great though.
Oh my...I'm totally the opposite. I like him as Arsh. At first I wasn't too keen but he progressed well and he was very good in yesterday's episode. Daay Ijazat was an average drama...the OST was great though.

Sohai was cute in it though, I can't lie there's just something cute about her in DIJT. :colondollar:
Sohai was cute in it though, I can't lie there's just something cute about her in DIJT. :colondollar:

Farhan is a singer-turned-actor. He's done 4-5 dramas..I know he's done 4: DIJT, Mere Ajnabi, Udaari and now Teri Chah Mein. There could be one other one..
@mercuryman - yeah Sohai was quite childish in DIJT..I think that's the 'attractiveness'. She's advanced now..films..item songs and what not.
Reply 37
Yeah, I was referring to him in De ijazat jo tu. I didn't like the last 5 or so episodes after he

Spoiler

Though, I didn't know he's part of another drama already? DIJT did wonders for him then lol/

Yeah ik it wasn't the same after that.
It's funny coz the two dramas he starred in after had Urwa Hocane who he's with in real life lol

Really?
At the beginning he was soo annoying. Couldn't stand him. But he's a bit better now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Yeah ik it wasn't the same after that.
It's funny coz the two dramas he starred in after had Urwa Hocane who he's with in real life lol

Really?
At the beginning he was soo annoying. Couldn't stand him. But he's a bit better now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He has really good on-screen chem with Urwa because he's with her in real life. They're recent photos on holiday in Germany though...:s-smilie:At the beginning of Udaari, he was very serious and impatient so he seemed annoying, but yeah, he likes Meera a lot now so it's better. :smile:
@mercuryman - yeah Sohai was quite childish in DIJT..I think that's the 'attractiveness'. She's advanced now..films..item songs and what not.

It's not that she was childish, her character being super confident is what I found attractive tbh/

Quick Reply

Latest