The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Duke Glacia
Do they pool at christs(engineers) ? and what do they look for when pooling ?

Yes, but the Summer Pool is v small for engineering. 6 were successful last year across all colleges. That's less than 2% of all acceptances. It was even fewer in 2014.

E.g. you miss STEP at Christ's but achieved A*A*A. (This is a guess, I have no data...)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
From Girton to Hommerton. I'm confusing myself now... anyway it's all, er, academic. You'll be at Cambridge in October.

Girton. Don't say that. My offer is frkm my homerton.
I missed my offer by alot since it was absurdly high due to another year but ive met or exceeded tbe standard offer if that means anything. Hoping someone will fish if pooled.
No idea how that post got reposted
Original post by physicsmaths
Girton. Don't say that. My offer is frkm my homerton.
I missed my offer by alot since it was absurdly high due to another year but ive met or exceeded tbe standard offer if that means anything. Hoping someone will fish if pooled.

Echoooooo. :smile:

(TSR is rubbish today.)
I do remember some professor at Cam telling me (I don't remember who) that the summer pool almost completely consists of mathmos and that it is "exceedingly uncommon" for other subject offerholders to get fished out of the summer-pool. For all other subjects, the fishing almost exclusively gets done in the winter pool. So Idk...
Original post by krishdesai7
I do remember some professor at Cam telling me (I don't remember who) that the summer pool almost completely consists of mathmos and that it is "exceedingly uncommon" for other subject offerholders to get fished out of the summer-pool. For all other subjects, the fishing almost exclusively gets done in the winter pool. So Idk...

I have been swimming for practice.
I need some armbands.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I need some armbands.

Posted from TSR Mobile

543897125.jpg
I need some armbands.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol. Maybe I should gift every college at Cambridge a brand new fishing rod
Started my new job today. Wooo :smile:

I have spent literally the whole afternoon watching memes. Oh my days. How lazy.
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Started my new job today. Wooo :smile:

I have spent literally the whole afternoon watching memes. Oh my days. How lazy.

Your job is watching memes? Cool. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Your job is watching memes? Cool. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see age hasn't dulled your wit :tongue:.

Nope, it's telesales. Nothing glamorous. I finished my old job on Fri. I got some giftcards, flowers, chocolate and cake. Ppl seemed genuine in their goodbyes so that was nice.

I have just been a slob all afternoon. Now headed to the gym. Hoping this will compensate for my prior indolence.
Hello. How is everyone doing? I haven't been on TSR for weeks!

Only a few weeks left until results day, I hope everyone is feeling confident. :tongue:
Original post by Insight314
Hello. How is everyone doing? I haven't been on TSR for weeks!

Only a few weeks left until results day, I hope everyone is feeling confident. :tongue:

wow thats a weird thought. is it the 18th?
Original post by EnglishMuon
wow thats a weird thought. is it the 18th?

Yep, hehe. :tongue: STEP results are released on the midnight of 18th AFAIK though. Do you know when we should register for online results?
Yep, hehe. :tongue: STEP results are released on the midnight of 18th AFAIK though. Do you know when we should register for online results?

no sooner than 5 days before the 18th

A mathematician should phrase it
'Atmost 5 days before'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
'Atmost 5 days before'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i need to work on my proofs

All right, thanks! :tongue:

'Atmost 5 days before'.
Posted from TSR Mobile

hi

Spoiler

tfw you go to Lloyds Bank, and they tell you that you can't have a student bank account because you have to be at least 17 years of age.

God damn fascists.
All right, thanks! :tongue:

hi

Spoiler

Lol.
How was prom.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending