The Student Room Group

‘Deliberate attack’: Blast injures 12, kills suspected bomber in Germany’s Ansbach

Scroll to see replies

I agree Bornblue, let's not jump to conclusions, like we did with the other 6 terrorist attacks and multiple sexual groping incidents that have occured in the past month, where we all assumed they were Muslim or south asian in origin..... and were correct.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Come on now, there are indiscriminate suicide bombers in all groups in society, this is no excuse for Islamophobia.

I think it's a little more complex than you're suggesting. No apologies for what occurred, and it is terrible what happened to Germany. However, when the Shah was deposed there were hundreds of thousands of refugees. These issues didn't occur then.

They were all Muslim - Why do you think the issues didn't occur in 1979?

When you have the answer to that, you should be able to identify the reason this shouldn't be termed Islamaphobia.
Original post by ThatOldGuy
I think it's a little more complex than you're suggesting. No apologies for what occurred, and it is terrible what happened to Germany. However, when the Shah was deposed there were hundreds of thousands of refugees. These issues didn't occur then.

When you have the answer to that, you should be able to identify the reason this shouldn't be termed Islamaphobia.

Only White people think Persians and Arabs are in any way the same, I say this because recently one said to me that they're and I quote ''cut from the same cloth''.
Original post by Atlas Thugged
Only White people think Persians and Arabs are in any way the same, I say this because recently one said to me that they're and I quote ''cut from the same cloth''.

Wouldn't that make it Arabophobia rather than Islamaphobia?
Wouldn't that make it Arabophobia rather than Islamaphobia?

If you dislike Arabs, it's racism. The person didn't hate Arabs btw, in fact they were super PC and polite. :erm:
Hope the people hurt recover and we won't have more of these attacks inshallah
Original post by Casserole
I agree Bornblue, let's not jump to conclusions, like we did with the other 6 terrorist attacks and multiple sexual groping incidents that have occured in the past month, where we all assumed they were Muslim or south asian in origin..... and were correct.

Or the other attacks which people assumed were Muslim extremists and were wrong like the Munich killing.

Why are people on here so utterly impatient that they can't wait for the facts to become clear before pushing their agenda?
If you dislike Arabs, it's racism. The person didn't hate Arabs btw, in fact they were super PC and polite. :erm:

Now, this is what I don't understand. The groups committing these acts have more than one thing in common - religion, race, geographic ancestry, politics and culture. Islam spans multiple races, but there are very few East Asians or blue-eyed, blond haired Muslims committing these acts. Why blame Islam for something a very specific group of people are doing? Geographic ancestry, race, politics and culture are far more apt descriptions than Islam. Are people so terrified of saying "Arab"?
Original post by Bornblue
Or the other attacks which people assumed were Muslim extremists and were wrong like the Munich killing.

Why are people on here so utterly impatient that they can't wait for the facts to become clear before pushing their agenda?

Sorry, which Munich attack are you referring to?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_knife_attack

He shouted Allu Akbar on that. Very Christian saying, that.
Feeling awful for Germany right now, I've never been personally but it sounds like such a beautiful country full of nice people. I hope this reign of terror stops soon and the next Chancellor of Germany sees enough sense to do something about this. Germany needs to be preserved.
Reply 30

Because the Muslim world hadn't been plagued by Wahhabism. Most Iranians who left were also atheists or the liberal elites.

Now, this is what I don't understand. The groups committing these acts have more than one thing in common - religion, race, geographic ancestry, politics and culture. Islam spans multiple races, but there are very few East Asians or blue-eyed, blond haired Muslims committing these acts. Why blame Islam for something a very specific group of people are doing? Geographic ancestry, race, politics and culture are far more apt descriptions than Islam. Are people so terrified of saying "Arab"?

You also have Pakistani terrorists, but yes there is a fear of being branded racist if one says Arab.

I'm not afraid to talk about race, but at the same time you get White converts who have been busted for planning terror attacks so it's not just Arabs. The only thing I would say however is that Arabs are probably more likely to subscribe to Salafist ideologies compared with say Indonesians and certainly Iranians who are often Shia (or Zoroastrian). The biggest danger in the UK is the level to which Gulf Oil money has been used to insert Salafi Imams into British Mosques attended largely by South Asians.

The West needs to get smart. Racism achieves nothing, in the short term we need to create a positive Islamic identity which is compatible with liberalism and humanitarianism, in the medium term global dependence on oil has to be reduced so the Saudis don't have the funds to export their brand of Islam to other nations.
Reply 32
So apparently the terrorist was a Syrian asylum seeker whose application for asylum was rejected one year ago. Why was he still in Germany?
I'm not afraid to talk about race, but at the same time you get White converts who have been busted for planning terror attacks so it's not just Arabs.

Hence the 'very few'. It is the politics of that part of the world that is bringing this on and I agree that it isn't some genetic fluke causing the violence, but there is no question where the problem stems from and it overwhelmingly stems from the Arab nations and those who subscribe to that ideology.

Considering we have been bombing them for over a decade, is it any wonder we're being attacked? Close the borders or stop the bombing. Don't just bomb and then yell out, "C'mon in, guys!"
well done to the person who did not allow him in to the music festival.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Suicidal bomber and recent arrival from the middle East who happens to be a Muslim, and the forth attack this week in Germany even if we discount the sexual assaults of mainly young girls which see next to no prosecutions or repercussions.

But, as someone will say

We shouldn't jump to conclusions, maybe the media will try to portray this guy as a bullied loner and call him a half German to try and distract from the glaringly obvious pattern we are seeing here and all over Europe, in fact, all over the world. Middle East, Africa, East Asia, America, everywhere Muslims are killing non-believers in this fashion.

Also, he was turned away from his first target, some open air festival, before taking the wine bar as his next choice. 12 injured, 1 dead so far.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3706063/Explosion-reported-near-Nuremberg-Germany-one-killed-newspaper.html

sshh, we all know it was just another angry man :h::h:
Original post by Josb
So apparently the terrorist was a Syrian asylum seeker whose application for asylum was rejected one year ago. Why was he still in Germany?

Given that there is a war in Syria, they let him stay. (not sure where I've read it)
Attacks are happening everyday now :frown: Hope everyone's safe
Original post by Bornblue
I've not seen one post showing genuine compassion for the victims of this awful tragedy, just several posts using this event to push their own agenda.

Compassion, flowers and candles never saved any lives and that's exactly the problem. We spend too much time crying over terrorist acts and then moving on without actually tackling the problem.

Compassion is warranted as no one likes to see people killed or injured but more thought needs to be put into how to prevent the next one.
Original post by Casserole
Sorry, which Munich attack are you referring to?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_knife_attack

He shouted Allu Akbar on that. Very Christian saying, that.

Ali Sonoloby, who was in no way associated with Muslim extremism and in fact had quite the affinity to the far right.

Quick Reply

Latest