The Student Room Group

How to push yourself academically and stay motivated during the summer

So everyday I do a bit of studying for English science or maths how can I push myself and stay motivated during the summer holidays?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous1502
So everyday I do a bit of studying for English science or maths how can I push myself and stay motivated during the summer holidays?

You don't!!
Original post by IYGB
You don't!!

I want to summer holidays are to have more time to dedicate to study
Watch Eric Thomas.

If you're In like year 10 or something, just relax

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous1502
I want to summer holidays are to have more time to dedicate to study

Stay around people who want to do the same/ work hard. You may want to have a look at this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4190871

I mean technically this is meant for undergrad stuff but I suppose anyone is welcome if they want to do more maths!
Work for small amonts of time but do this consistently. It will be easier to stay on track doing one hour a day instead of studying really hard at the start of summer and then giving up. Although depending on what year your in, id say take advantage of the break.
Original post by EnglishMuon
Stay around people who want to do the same/ work hard. You may want to have a look at this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4190871

I mean technically this is meant for undergrad stuff but I suppose anyone is welcome if they want to do more maths!

i really don't understand how people can say enjoy your summer only. If you don't work you have 7 days a week and English weather is so so. you can still enjoy 3-4 days a week having fun and 1/2 days doing something to keep the knowledge fresh instead of going in blind in the new term.
Original post by sketchymofo2
i really don't understand how people can say enjoy your summer only. If you don't work you have 7 days a week and English weather is so so. you can still enjoy 3-4 days a week having fun and 1/2 days doing something to keep the knowledge fresh instead of going in blind in the new term.

yes very true. I spend most of every day doing 'work' myself, but I enjoy it so its basically free time anyway :smile:
Original post by sketchymofo2

I have nothing to do besides study and my parents say study so may as well not waste my time i have nothing else to do so may as well use my time well.

Quick Reply

Latest