The Student Room Group

Where in the UK do you live?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Mystery.

I can't really define my accent :redface:
I'm from near Stoke-on-Trent, halfway between Manchester and Birmingham. A lot of my family speak with a fairly strong Potteries accent (especially my grandparents). I wouldn't say I do, but some of my friends from my school near Manchester say I sorta have an accent. By the way I can detect an accent in them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 122
I live in some hellish hovel near Cambridge. (It was designated as an over-flow town for London so the population are either inbred farmers, London chavs or me).
My accent? It do be a laart more normal than those who do be livin around these here parts. In fact I don't have an accent.
I live in north Cumbria
I don't like where I live - it's up North in the only city you'll find a pattie (Google it, you southerners won't know what one is XD ).

I seriously cannot wait until next September when I can move away!
Original post by RCLeahcar
I'm from near Stoke-on-Trent, halfway between Manchester and Birmingham. A lot of my family speak with a fairly strong Potteries accent (especially my grandparents). I wouldn't say I do, but some of my friends from my school near Manchester say I sorta have an accent. By the way I can detect an accent in them.

Stoke accent sounds like posh Scouse imo.
I live in England.
Original post by twidge
i live near staffordshire between burton, swad and ashby:smile: you?

Omg.
I live round that area, near the staffordshire and leicestershire borders as well. Cant believe someone from ere actually lives anywhere near me.
Bristol here and have terrible bristolian accent :frown:
Sealand
South East London
Original post by AperfectBalance
Sealand

Haha.

Are you a prince then? :biggrin:
Original post by twidge
i live near staffordshire between burton, swad and ashby:smile: you?

Where exactly round there do you live?
Reply 133
Original post by Emma:-)
Omg.
I live round that area, near the staffordshire and leicestershire borders as well. Cant believe someone from ere actually lives anywhere near me.

midway :smile:
Original post by twidge
midway :smile:

really?*
I live in swad*
Reply 135
Original post by Emma:-)
really?*
I live in swad*

yes really haha i can't believe we live that close, i joined the student room to start talking to people that i might end up going to uni with but had no replies :smile:
In Central London. :ahee:
West Sussex, Crawley to be exact.
Worcester. :biggrin:
East Sussex, between Hastings and Eastbourne.

Sunshine coast ftw :h:

Quick Reply

Latest