The Student Room Group

Best nail polish brand?

So I am not a girly girl by far, but if there is one thing about make up I love, it's nail polish. I am addicted. :colondollar: I have a large make up bag dedicated to my nail polishes alone.

So I was wondering, has anyone got a favourite brand of nail polish? I like Maybelline's Colour Show range because of the brushes, but I have fallen in love with Essie's gift set ones. :love:

Scroll to see replies

I love the revlon colourstay ones- they last forever and lately im loving the sinful colours kylie jenner nail polishes XX
Reply 2
Original post by ForeverAQx
I love the revlon colourstay ones- they last forever and lately im loving the sinful colours kylie jenner nail polishes XX

Revlon is one of the few brands I have not tried actually. Nor the Kylie ones, but I am not into the Kardashian hype. :colondollar:
I literally have a shoebox that is filled with nail polish. I don't have a favourite brand but I wanna try Essie and Barry M. Currently my nails are painted black, not very girly lol
Reply 4
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
I literally have a shoebox that is filled with nail polish. I don't have a favourite brand but I wanna try Essie and Barry M. Currently my nails are painted black, not very girly lol

Essie is great! I am wary of Barry M, there is mixed reviews on that. My nails are currently grey with a top coat of white, purple and green sparkles. :colondollar: I love black though, cause it goes so well with so much.
I don't have a favourite brand but I really want to try essie. I never wear make up but, have a bit of an obsession with nail polish
Reply 6
I like to use Revlon colorstay gel envy, loving the nude colors at the moment, and Sally Hansen which is also a gel, as they last longer.
Original post by Airmed
Essie is great! I am wary of Barry M, there is mixed reviews on that. My nails are currently grey with a top coat of white, purple and green sparkles. :colondollar: I love black though, cause it goes so well with so much.

I agree, black is a great colour.
Do you do your nails yourself or get someone else to do them? I've got nail art supplies but I find them time consuming and a bit fidgety to use
Reply 8
Original post by Frizzy one
I don't have a favourite brand but I really want to try essie. I never wear make up but, have a bit of an obsession with nail polish

Same! :yep:

Original post by Lit34
I like to use Revlon colorstay gel envy, loving the nude colors at the moment, and Sally Hansen which is also a gel, as they last longer.

Sally Hansen is good.
Reply 9
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
I agree, black is a great colour.
Do you do your nails yourself or get someone else to do them? I've got nail art supplies but I find them time consuming and a bit fidgety to use

I do them myself. Always have. Painting my nails started off as a thing to stop me biting my nails, then into a calming technique, which I still use to this day. :h:
Which does everyone prefer gel or matte? And why?
Reply 11
Which does everyone prefer gel or matte? And why?

Matte. Seems to last longer for me. I don't mind gel, it just chips!
Original post by Airmed
Matte. Seems to last longer for me. I don't mind gel, it just chips!

I know! Everyone is like "gel last for up to 2 weeks without chipping" and mine chips after a day 😔
Reply 13
I know! Everyone is like "gel last for up to 2 weeks without chipping" and mine chips after a day 😔

That has never happened to me. My nail polish doesn't last longer than like 5 days max.
Original post by Airmed
That has never happened to me. My nail polish doesn't last longer than like 5 days max.

It's probably just me 😅 Gel polish dries so quickly though (last time I forgot the top coat and it literally wouldn't dry 😂)
Reply 15
It's probably just me 😅 Gel polish dries so quickly though (last time I forgot the top coat and it literally wouldn't dry 😂)

I mean gel polish lasting 2 weeks. It just chips.
NARS.
Original post by Airmed
I mean gel polish lasting 2 weeks. It just chips.

I realised that after posting but couldn't be bothered editing 😅
Dunno, maybe use google translate to help you find the best Polish one :wink:
Essie is the best one I've tried by far, two coats of the colour, quick top coat to finish and it lasts for agessss 😍😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending