The Student Room Group

Is it weird to say "I miss you" to a friend?

I have a friend of the opposite sex and we were pretty close at uni. We went everywhere together and helped each other with work. Now that uni is over we won't be able to meet up and she's the only friend that I really hung out with at uni so I'll need to find new friends. Maybe I do like her a bit, but nothing I can do about it now. Is it weird to say I miss you to her and will it make me look creepy? because it's true that I miss her but should I say it?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I have a friend of the opposite sex and we were pretty close at uni. We went everywhere together and helped each other with work. Now that uni is over we won't be able to meet up and she's the only friend that I really hung out with at uni so I'll need to find new friends. Maybe I do like her a bit, but nothing I can do about it now. Is it weird to say I miss you to her and will it make me look creepy? because it's true that I miss her but should I say it?

It depends on how you say it, but telling someone that you miss them isn't weird at all.

Edit: saying "I miss you" will probably rub them the wrong way (as its usually used between romantic relationship as such), so I'd suggest for you to probably say something such as "I miss hanging out together" and then asking when you can see her again to hang out with.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
I've been in this situation, except the other way round. My friend of the opposite sex told me he missed me, but it's nothing strange. It can seem flirtatious (if that's the right word) but it depends how you go about it. You should let her know, she may feel the same :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by kkboyk
It depends on how you say it, but telling someone that you miss them isn't weird at all.

Edit: saying "I miss you" will probably rub them the wrong way (as its usually used between romantic relationship as such), so I'd suggest for you to probably say something such as "I miss hanging out together" and then asking when you can see her again to hang out with.

Ok this sounds good. Yeah I don't really want her to get the wrong impression as I miss her as a friend.
Original post by kkboyk

Original post by Anonymous
Ok this sounds good. Yeah I don't really want her to get the wrong impression as I miss her as a friend.

Yeah I agree with you... Say something which doesn't come across as 'I miss your presence' 'coz that's downright creepy and flirtatious... You could say, "Haven't seen you around", or "It's been ages since we caught up" or talk about an incident which you both remember or witnessed or something, and say that you guys should hang out to reminisce the 'good old days'. Sounds cheesy, I know :biggrin: :blush:
If you guys were close as you say then 'I miss you' wouldn't sound creepy at all. Why would even think that this sounds creepy? Trust me, she'll appreciate that, it's a nice way to reconnect with each other.
Just say it if u feel that way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No..you just say
Reply 9
ive been in this situation before but not said 'i miss you' straight up av said it like i miss our chills or i miss hanging out with you
No.
honesty the thought that you are being missed can make someone's day/life :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending