The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

How does the tuition payment work?

Hi, my name is Alex and I want to study animation at Falmouth starting this year. I have some questions about tuition payment:

1. Is it possible to pay in installments?

I am bit late on finding finance. I don't know if I have enough time to get a student loan 'till 1 September, do you guys know if it possible to find a student loan while attending the first year of study? And if so, can I pay the first year later on, or do I have to do so once the year commences?

2. How does payment work?

If everything fails, I am willing to pay the first year from my own funds. How did payment for you work? When do I have to pay? Where? How? How much?

3. How much did/does accommodation cost for you?

Thank you advance. I'm way behind on my planning, so I'm panicking a bit.
As far as I know you can apply for student loan at any time during your 3 year study. However, you need to inform the university if you cant pay in time!

Accomodation can be found at http://www.fxplus.ac.uk/accommodation or http://www.falmouthpenrynstudentpad.co.uk/Accommodation. Both are managed by the University to some degree, but the latter link are (I believe) private accomodations ------ Private as in, not on campus.

Im still in the middle of finding accomodation and getting the loan set up (applied 8 weeks ago).

You really need to apply ASAP if you want a loan in time. And thats coming from someone who hasnt got the best time management.

Good luck, hoped that helped a bit. Still have loads of work to do myself.
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Reply 2
Original post by Galaxie501
Good luck, hoped that helped a bit. Still have loads of work to do myself.

It certainly did! Thank you and good luck with sorting things out.
Original post by Alex Tautu
It certainly did! Thank you and good luck with sorting things out.

@Alex Tautu
My pleasure. Same to you. Good luck.

Feel free to send me a PM or something on TSR (Not gonna give out my FB in public).
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest