The Student Room Group

Did you ever think you'd never get a BF/GF?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Novascope
I used to think that all the time... At one point it became really unhealthy because all I did was stress over the fact that I'd never had an actual boyfriend. All I could ever do was land dates, but never get over that next hurdle. Looking back now, it was very silly. I was young, and didn't realise that I have all the time in the world to have a boyfriend. It'll happen at the right time. I've realised that the best things come to you when you least expect it. So I stopped seeking for a relationship... and well, now I'm on the right path :smile: I'm almost 21 now.

I've only ever been on two dates and I was attracted to either girl. I just did it for the experience.
Original post by Anonymous
I've only ever been on two dates and I was attracted to either girl. I just did it for the experience.

Dating is a good experience tbh. It's fun to get to know new people. I've also found that I've learnt things about myself from dates too.
Original post by stefano865
Don't say that. :cry2:

Why? What's wrong with that? :h:

You forgot to wink. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Original post by undercxver
Why? What's wrong with that? :h:

You forgot to wink. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Oh so you're ok with it. :h:

Spoiler

Oh so you're ok with it. :h:

Spoiler

I guess so. I don't mind. But if someone special comes along then why not? Sounds like a fairytale to me though. :lol:

:wink: yay
I guess so. I don't mind. But if someone special comes along then why not? Sounds like a fairytale to me though. :lol:

:wink: yay

What would this special person be like? :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
What would this special person be like?

Not a ****boy. Understands me and can get a long with me etc.
Original post by Double Agent
I've been there mate, I was too anxious to answer the phone or open the door to the post man, let alone go outside. I was nearly sectioned because of the depression that came from it. Anxiety is a cycle, the only way to cure yourself is to break the cycle of avoidance behaviours you exhibit. I wrote a super long post about it a couple years back if you need more help.

So true.
Not a ****boy. Understands me and can get a long with me etc.

That's a good start. :u:
Original post by Double Agent
I was forever alone until around 19, at which point I turned my whole personality around, grew a pair and it was never an issue again. Its all mind set. To be honest, you realise that finding a relationship or someone to shag is the easy part. Most people are actually pretty nice, most people are a bit lonely inside and want to have sex and cuddle on a sunday watching netflix. Most people are pretty insecure, even if they're outwardly confident, its why you see people flock towards confident seeming people, they're all just craving that stability, that assurance that everything will be ok.

It's finding someone who loves you the way you love them that is the difficult thing, someone who empowers and inspires you.

100% agree.

Sitting around and waiting for it to just happen magically is the very worst thing you can do.
Nop, I think I'm going to be forever alone even though I'll be aesthetic af.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
tbh I don't understand why girls think that they will never find someone. about 70%(including me) of males would go out with any girl that was not weird like, someone who is into krav maga. And that 30% of men are just annoying douchebags that are confident and girls like because of the way they look.

warning: this is not a scientific fact but true to some extent.
That's a good start. :u:

Oh I forgot to mention he must like cats. :yes:
Oh I forgot to mention he must like cats. :yes:

In that case I'm not the one.
In that case I'm not the one.

:lol: Too bad to got used to your excessive use of winks real quick.
:lol: Too bad to got used to your excessive use of winks real quick.

:colondollar:
Reply 36
Reply 38
Original post by FireFreezer77
Yeah I feel that way!
I'm 18 (19 in a couple months) and things aren't improving as such.
But ah well, there's no telling what the future will hold!

Once you and platypus meet...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
As of yet the only relationships I've had have all been through here

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply