The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

image.jpg

Very much work in progress at the moment but this is what I've got so far...
Reply 41
Original post by mccrae01
image.jpg

Tfw no Liverpool players :colonhash:
Sat on this so far, not arsed about sharing as it'll change 50 times before KO anyway

Foster Jaku
Shaw Friend Soare Gabriel Stones
Hazard Townsend Leko Mkhitaryan Coutinho
Aguero Lukaku Gray
Reply 43
image.jpg

No Aguero, no party!
Reply 44
Original post by asr11
No Aguero, no party!

There's literally no point playing FPL without Aguero...
Original post by Lúcio
There's literally no point playing FPL without Aguero...

£13 million though seems a lot to me , I feel like going for Zlatan and having 1.5 to spend elsewhere is worth it at the moment ...
Reply 46
£13 million though seems a lot to me , I feel like going for Zlatan and having 1.5 to spend elsewhere is worth it at the moment ...

The thing is though, Aguero has shown season after season that he'll always get you some ridiculous points (albeit some infuriating injuries to go with it).

Zlatan is old and in a new league - an absolutely fantastic footballer but didn't we all think the same about Falcao?
1.5m is more than worth it in my opinion.
Original post by Lúcio

Zlatan is old and in a new league - an absolutely fantastic footballer but didn't we all think the same about Falcao?
1.5m is more than worth it in my opinion.

You can't compare someone who'd just had an ACL injury to someone who scored 50 odd goals last season

Zlatan's .5 too expensive for me. Could have justified 11m but not 11.5. As much as I want him in my team I can't make it work.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by sr90
You can't compare someone who'd just had an ACL injury to someone who scored 50 odd goals last season

Zlatan's .5 too expensive for me. Could have justified 11m but not 11.5. As much as I want him in my team I can't make it work.

Quite possibly but you know what I mean regarding top players coming to the BPL.

Zlatan is way too expensive for a new player. I'd take Aguero with Pep over Zlatan with Mourinho every day.
Not for results, but for points.
How do I leave a league that im in because i was in it last season???
Reply 50
Original post by Lúcio
Quite possibly but you know what I mean regarding top players coming to the BPL.

Zlatan is way too expensive for a new player. I'd take Aguero with Pep over Zlatan with Mourinho every day.
Not for results, but for points.

where can i get the code for the H2H league?
Anyone think Baines and Coleman will have a resurgence this season and get back to their glory FPL days?
Reply 52
Original post by xKay
where can i get the code for the H2H league?

I don't think there is one yet mate.

Quote sr90 though, he needs to make one!!
Original post by scriggy
Anyone think Baines and Coleman will have a resurgence this season and get back to their glory FPL days?

I'm tempted by Baines to be honest, he's normally takes our penalties too so should be some points there, and I'm hoping Koeman was pretty good defensively with Southampton so I'm hoping he'll have taught our defenders how to actually defend, so hopefully some more clean sheet points.

This is an overly optimistic Evertonian speaking though :tongue:
Joined, Team name is New World Order.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looks like Sanchez will be fine for opening game of season, have absolutely no idea how I'll fit him Aguero and Ibra in my team :frown:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy Ftw
25k, my worst since my first season 11/12 :colonhash: But after that start and winning my mini-league too i'll take it. How about you, must have been around 5k or so, or better?

Nah, not that good. 17k. Managed 193 in the Euros though! We'll do better this year :wink:

I'd bloody love to get a good start one of these years. I think I need to take a few more risks/hits at the start.*
I'm tempted by Baines to be honest, he's normally takes our penalties too so should be some points there, and I'm hoping Koeman was pretty good defensively with Southampton so I'm hoping he'll have taught our defenders how to actually defend, so hopefully some more clean sheet points.

This is an overly optimistic Evertonian speaking though :tongue:

I remember Lukaku taking pens over Baines since he missed his only pen. Any idea whether Koeman will want him as first choice? He also seemed to lose his place to people like Oveido last season - is he a definite starter?
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Looks like Sanchez will be fine for opening game of season, have absolutely no idea how I'll fit him Aguero and Ibra in my team :frown:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haven't even looked at Sanchez. Your first 2 fixtures are awful but after that you have a very good run. I normally WC over the international break before GW4 and i'd definitely want 3 Arsenal players then.

Before though? Idk... what sort of team you reckon you'll put out for the first two? Lots of absentees from what i've heard - Giroud, Kosc, Mert, Ozil, Ramsey.
Original post by little_wizard123
I remember Lukaku taking pens over Baines since he missed his only pen. Any idea whether Koeman will want him as first choice? He also seemed to lose his place to people like Oveido last season - is he a definite starter?

I'd like to think he'll be taking penalties this season, he had a practically a perfect record before missing that one, I think Baines not taking penalties was one of the many reasons we got frustrated with Martinez last season.

He's not 100% nailed on to start but Id be surprised if he didn't to be honest. I'll keep an eye on our pre season since that's likely to give the best idea, he started ahead of Oviedo against Barnsley a few days ago though.

Latest