The Student Room Group

Two men kidnap priest, take hostages in church near the French Rouen

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by PugDevil
Is the media getting better at covering these sort of events or is the world just becoming more mucked up by the day :frown:

Exactly this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TelAviv
Hard to imagine this is anything other than terrorism... It's not like there's a bank vault or something valuable they'd be trying to get with the hostages

And one hostage killed

Well some Churches have pretty valuable treasures and lots of gold/silver/shiny things.

But yeah, it's not something you'd be able to flog easily without people asking questions about where you got it from.

Sounds like another Islamic nutjob job. Getting scarily common, when will our leaders do something about it?
Original post by The_Opinion
Apparently the attackers made reference to ISIS, almost certainly was an Islamic terrorist attack.

Another death to add to my list of dead people that the left have created, the only small blessing here is that the victim was 86 years old.

I don't see why you feel the need to say stuff like this. 'the blessing is that he's 86" , "hoping the victim wasn't a native"- it's just disrespectful- a human just got brutally killed. It's not the time to talk about how it was only an old guy- have some respect.
Original post by Ladbants
I don't see why you feel the need to say stuff like this. 'the blessing is that he's 86" , "hoping the victim wasn't a native"- it's just disrespectful- a human just got brutally killed. It's not the time to talk about how it was only an old guy- have some respect.

I would rather the victim be 86 than somebody in the prime of their life, that is a small blessing. Some trying to virtue signal, it makes no difference to the reality of what is happening.
France's former PM Jean-Pierre Raffarin warns: "Don't fall into the trap of religious war. These crimes are carried out by assassins who should face the full force of the law."

They are dead yes? I don't see what the law has got to do with this now.

Also Mr Raffarin, religious war is here whether you like it or not, this guy sounds like Théoden of Rohan.
Did the priest die?
Reply 26
It was during the mass. They cut the throat of the priest and a 87yo lady.
(edited 7 years ago)
Marcel law now

Original post by Ladymusiclover
Did the priest die?

Yes.

Priest dead.

2 attackers dead.

I'd call that a net loss for ISIS.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Did the priest die?

Yes, you don't typically survive from a slit throat.
Original post by ManiaMuse
Yes.

Priest dead.

2 attackers dead.

Well not really because ISIS don't see themselves dying as a loss since they believe that they get 70 virgins to rape in 'Paradise'.
Original post by ManiaMuse
Yes.

Priest dead.

2 attackers dead.

This attack was never about numbers, it was purely symbolic, and has huge implications.
RIP to the Priests.
(edited 7 years ago)
As a Christian, I see this attack as even more evidence that Islam directly opposes the values that we hold as Christians and they are directly against our very existence.

"Fight those of the People of the Book who do not [truly] believe in God and the Last Day, who do not forbid what God and His Messenger have forbidden, who do not behave according to the rule of justice, until they pay the tax and submit to it."

This attack is justified in Islam.
Original post by Trapz99
RIP to the Priest. The Muslim attackers will feel God's wrath.

If their religion is correct they wont do.
Original post by Trapz99
As a Christian, I see this attack as even more evidence that Islam directly opposes the values that we hold as Christians and they are directly against our very existence.

"Fight those of the People of the Book who do not [truly] believe in God and the Last Day, who do not forbid what God and His Messenger have forbidden, who do not behave according to the rule of justice, until they pay the tax and submit to it."

This attack is justified in Islam.

Correct, hence my comment in my previous quote of yours.
Original post by Trapz99
Well not really because ISIS don't see themselves dying as a loss since they believe that they get 70 virgins to rape in 'Paradise'.

I thought it was 72 virgins?
Original post by Trapz99

72 actually...
All these killings are now going to promote far right wing and nationalist groups. :frown:
I dread to think where they will hit next, but sadly I have a good idea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending