Original post by Princepieman
Weird things happen.

Possible situations:

- 3 year degree + 2 year masters
- Convinced HR somehow
- Degree length was longer than usual

etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

All of them had a 2 years masters afterwards. It's 3 years bachelor and optional to continue on 2 years masters afterwards, and we've a spot secured by law in 1 of 13 master programs if we've been offered a spot in the bachelor program.

So since I am a second year student on a 3 year bachelor program, I possibly could apply to SW and Summer, since I have a secured masters afterwards?
Original post by RWiz
All of them had a 2 years masters afterwards. It's 3 years bachelor and optional to continue on 2 years masters afterwards, and we've a spot secured by law in 1 of 13 master programs if we've been offered a spot in the bachelor program.

So since I am a second year student on a 3 year bachelor program, I possibly could apply to SW and Summer, since I have a secured masters afterwards?

This sounds like the european model to me, if so it's all pretty much normal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 182
This sounds like the european model to me, if so it's all pretty much normal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guess I am not eligible then.
Original post by RWiz
Guess I am not eligible then.

Never said you weren't. If your masters is 2 years long, you can absolutely do the SW --> Summer --> grad path

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kiwith
Do you suggest creating a new account after a failed SW application or is it totally irrelevant?

Would not recommend it as the computer screening systems at some banks are designed to spot this so you will be flagged.
if you got into uni through clearing and didnt get a 2.1 for first year- shall i not bother applying?
Reply 186
Never said you weren't. If your masters is 2 years long, you can absolutely do the SW --> Summer --> grad path

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would have to apply for both SW and Summer this year then, which I doubt you can given some of the banks only accept 1 application every 6 month!
Original post by RWiz
I would have to apply for both SW and Summer this year then, which I doubt you can given some of the banks only accept 1 application every 6 month!

I would personally just apply for summer if I'm honest, it'd give you the option of starting straight after uni rather than staying the long haul of completing a 2 year masters programme. But it's up to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 188
Does it look bad if I had a SW this year but didn't manage to convert it into a summer offer?
Original post by TRSSRT
Does it look bad if I had a SW this year but didn't manage to convert it into a summer offer?

you may be questioned but a lot of ppl had that and still managed to get a summer offer
Does the whole 'putting a good word in' from a VP/MD really help? One of my mates in the year above got fast tracked past tests/apps to an interview at a Big4 because she met someone at a career fair who liked her, but surely that's the exception not the rule right?
Original post by mitchell.gkm
Does the whole 'putting a good word in' from a VP/MD really help? One of my mates in the year above got fast tracked past tests/apps to an interview at a Big4 because she met someone at a career fair who liked her, but surely that's the exception not the rule right?

I think in most cases it won't really matter because the VPs/MDs know there is a formal application process and they wouldn't want to be 'used' by you to circumvent that process. Unless of course they find you really exceptional.

I cold emailed a guy working at a BB who now says that he might be able to request an informal interview for me. But this was for a division that didn't have an official summer analyst program. If it did, he would have probably just asked me to apply online.
Original post by mitchell.gkm

its always good to network and without a doubt it helps your application indirectly but yeah I agree, I would not go about networking with the mind set that I could get fast tracked
Any open application other than GS?
Does GS require a cover letter/essay or is ti just CV-based?
Original post by Kiwith
Does GS require a cover letter/essay or is ti just CV-based?

300 word cover letter and CV. No tests, no extra questions, so gotta nail that cover letter
Original post by lewiskh97
300 word cover letter and CV. No tests, no extra questions, so gotta nail that cover letter

Are you sure there are no tests? Did you submit your application?
Original post by vader9280

Will be submitting my app this week, from what I've read and seen, GS don't use online tests.
Original post by vader9280

Goldman Sachs do not use tests. They have a first round video interview and then endless rounds of interviews after that instead.
Original post by torres657
Any open application other than GS?

Don't quote me but I think UBS opens on 1st August.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending