The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Portsmouth uni Accommodation 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by itsadaxox
I have a unconditional offer and I still haven't received an accommodation offer from Portsmouth. I really hope I get into Trafalgar halls, but I doubt that now because I think all the guildhall halls were offered out last week. :frown:. Now I'm getting worried because I've been looking at the accommodation thread from last year and most people had already received their accommodation by now. Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from accommodation at Portsmouth?

Just been offered a place in Harry Law :biggrin:
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Ok so:

100 rooms - ground floor
200 rooms - first floor
300 rooms - second floor
400 rooms - third floor
500 rooms - fourth floor

It's corridor style, so no flats! :smile:
Reply 22
Does anyone know if all the rooms have definitely been allocated by now? I really need to know if I have to start looking for other accomodation:frown:
Original post by BTay
Does anyone know if all the rooms have definitely been allocated by now? I really need to know if I have to start looking for other accomodation:frown:

We're still sending out bits so please bear with us! There's lots of you to contact!
Hi! I've recently found out I'm in Harry Law Halls starting in September, and I'm doing Illustration as my course too. Anyone else in Harry Law? :smile:
Reply 25
Hey, so I received an offer for James Watson 2 weeks ago and accepted. I was told I would be contacted by Unite Students shortly, but I was wondering how long I would need to wait for them to contact me? Is their a set date when they'll send out the emails, or does it vary?

Any help would be much appreciated :smile:

Thank you
Original post by UoPHousingTeam
Hi everyone, Hannah from the Housing team at UoP here! Please bear with us during this very busy time. We are aiming to let everyone know about the outcome of their applications throughout the whole of July. There were many applications to process and then allocate hall rooms, so it takes a little while! Those who haven't heard yet, please be patient :smile: we're getting there and it's only the 18th (and there's been 3 weekends in-between and we aren't open then). Please don't rush into looking for alternative accommodation until you've had a response from us :smile:

Hi Hannah:smile: I'm so happy I've got Rees Hall! I plan on cycling to the Eldon building for my lectures but on rainy/ lazy days is there a bus service? I know there's a bus stop near the hall but I was wondering if it stops anywhere near Eldon?

Many thanks
Original post by IzzyWatkins
Hi Hannah:smile: I'm so happy I've got Rees Hall! I plan on cycling to the Eldon building for my lectures but on rainy/ lazy days is there a bus service? I know there's a bus stop near the hall but I was wondering if it stops anywhere near Eldon?

Many thanks

That's a good question Izzy! The nearest bus stop to Rees is one called "South Parade Pier". I don't think the bus has a stop right by Eldon unfortunately but there might be one with a little walking distance. I think you would need either the 1 or the 7 but have a look at the timetable link: https://www.firstgroup.com/portsmouth-fareham-gosport/plan-journey/timetables/?operator=13&service=South%20Parade%20Pier&page=1&redirect=no

I cycle everyday come rain or shine (if it's really windy though, I walk as the side winds can be strong!), but I have good waterproofs for rainy days :redface:)

If you have to take lots of gear in with you and the weather is bad, the local taxis are super cheap so you would have no problem getting about easily!
Reply 28
Original post by Lyizn
Hey, so I received an offer for James Watson 2 weeks ago and accepted. I was told I would be contacted by Unite Students shortly, but I was wondering how long I would need to wait for them to contact me? Is their a set date when they'll send out the emails, or does it vary?

Any help would be much appreciated :smile:

Thank you

Same here i was under the impression it would be today? But not sure if thats the email or the call or both and whether the guarantor details would need to be entered before paying deposit or after . At the moment there's been no communication from UNITE
Reply 29
Original post by Bokkex
Same here i was under the impression it would be today? But not sure if thats the email or the call or both and whether the guarantor details would need to be entered before paying deposit or after . At the moment there's been no communication from UNITE

Yeah, we've been waiting a while, so hopefully we get something from them soon. I was thinking that we'd get an email from them first, in which we can accept their terms and conditions and provide a guarantor. Then they'd tell us what happens next and after that, I assume they would call us and we'd be able to make the deposit.

If anyone knows what the process is actually like, we'd really appreciate any details on it.

Thanks
Original post by Louiseelle
Hi! I've recently found out I'm in Harry Law Halls starting in September, and I'm doing Illustration as my course too. Anyone else in Harry Law? :smile:

Yo! I'll be in Harry Law as well, not sure what room number and such yet as I've just paid my deposit. Doing Computer Games Programming. :smile:
Original post by PostludePrelude
Yo! I'll be in Harry Law as well, not sure what room number and such yet as I've just paid my deposit. Doing Computer Games Programming. :smile:

How did you pay your deposit ?
Original post by Roadrunner55
How did you pay your deposit ?

If you're in a UoP hall, follow the instructions in the email we sent you about where you've been allocated and it tells you what to do next :smile:
Original post by UoPHousingTeam
If you're in a UoP hall, follow the instructions in the email we sent you about where you've been allocated and it tells you what to do next :smile:

They haven't called me yet and i emailed them Friday, no reply yet ?
Reply 34
That's good to hear then. Puts a few of my worries to rest. Thanks for your reply, dude.

I guess we just wait a bit longer for the email to come through, hopefully it doesn't take much longer.

Again, thanks for the reply and see you in September :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by Lyizn
That's good to hear then. Puts a few of my worries to rest. Thanks for your reply, dude.

I guess we just wait a bit longer for the email to come through, hopefully it doesn't take much longer.

Again, thanks for the reply and see you in September :smile:

Update to that I got my email and phonecall yesterday with Unite account details and I sent my Guarantor details along . I had 48 hours to do so , i'm assuming they'll get back to me shortly with a contract and to confirm my booking/next steps
Reply 36
Original post by Bokkex
Update to that I got my email and phonecall yesterday with Unite account details and I sent my Guarantor details along . I had 48 hours to do so , i'm assuming they'll get back to me shortly with a contract and to confirm my booking/next steps

That's good to hear then. I assume I should hopefully be hearing from them soon then (I would prefer today haha).

So what did you have to do then? Did you get an email first which took you to their online portal, then you accepted the terms and conditions, along with providing a guarantor? After doing that did they then call you to make the deposit?

I'm just wondering because I would like to be prepared haha.

Thanks.
Reply 37
Original post by Lyizn
That's good to hear then. I assume I should hopefully be hearing from them soon then (I would prefer today haha).

So what did you have to do then? Did you get an email first which took you to their online portal, then you accepted the terms and conditions, along with providing a guarantor? After doing that did they then call you to make the deposit?

I'm just wondering because I would like to be prepared haha.

Thanks.

Got 2 separate emails, one with details on my unite account and one which asked me to send my guarantor details via reply email then my booking will be confirmed and the next steps advised . I assume the next email will lead to the portal to to accept terms then a second phone call to pay deposit . I have the sneaking suspicion they'll ask for the deposit within 2/3 days of getting emailed so just have that ready in time
Reply 38
Original post by Bokkex
Got 2 separate emails, one with details on my unite account and one which asked me to send my guarantor details via reply email then my booking will be confirmed and the next steps advised . I assume the next email will lead to the portal to to accept terms then a second phone call to pay deposit . I have the sneaking suspicion they'll ask for the deposit within 2/3 days of getting emailed so just have that ready in time

Oh right, thanks for telling me what to expect. So what was the first phonecall for if not to pay the deposit?
Yo man, I also accepted the offer for James Watson and thankfully I've completed the whole Unite Students and Guarantor business and been given my room number. I was wondering if you have too bro? Look forward to seeing everyone come September :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending