The Student Room Group

Paypay - haven't got my money !!

I've sold stuff on eBay and have received emails saying people have paid for the items but the money isn't in my bank account and its been like over a week. I dunno what to do about it. On the transactions section on my paypal account it says it is ' completed ' but then a few days ago I received an email from paypal saying one of my payments had been cancelled cause I didn't confirm it or something and then they told me to upgrade to a business account ?! The money for postage has been taken out of my bank account through paypal but i haven't received the money from my buyers on eBay even though they have paid ?!!!

anyone have any ideas
Reply 1
Original post by fefssdf
I've sold stuff on eBay and have received emails saying people have paid for the items but the money isn't in my bank account and its been like over a week. I dunno what to do about it. On the transactions section on my paypal account it says it is ' completed ' but then a few days ago I received an email from paypal saying one of my payments had been cancelled cause I didn't confirm it or something and then they told me to upgrade to a business account ?! The money for postage has been taken out of my bank account through paypal but i haven't received the money from my buyers on eBay even though they have paid ?!!!

anyone have any ideas

It's best if you log in to paypal and give them a call.
also have a o on the ebya forums, they have many experienced sellers who cna put you right.
Reply 3
Original post by Ciel.
It's best if you log in to paypal and give them a call.

Well turns out one of the emails I had to confirm my account so I tapped on this link and then a few mins later the money was all magically in my account and I've managed to withdraw it now so it should be in my bank soon ! £22 lol
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
also have a o on the ebya forums, they have many experienced sellers who cna put you right.

I've got my money now !
Reply 5
Original post by fefssdf
Well turns out one of the emails I had to confirm my account so I tapped on this link and then a few mins later the money was all magically in my account and I've managed to withdraw it now so it should be in my bank soon ! £22 lol

Great :biggrin:
Original post by fefssdf

anyone have any ideas

If your account is less than 6 months old, or you don't have good feedback, or you don't have a certain amount of feedback and you sell something on eBay paypal holds your money for a small amount of time until the seller gets their items and you get the money after the seller leaves positive feedback or if the seller doesn't make any complaints then you get the money. It's just a standard security process and makes things easier on the whole so paypal don't need to reimburse the seller in case the item is faulty/broken/not to the standards.

I have no idea about the payment cancellation though so you should phone paypal and ask for some clarity.
Reply 7
Original post by Ciel.
Great :biggrin:

Thanks hahaha
Reply 8
Original post by sameehaiqbal
If your account is less than 6 months old, or you don't have good feedback, or you don't have a certain amount of feedback and you sell something on eBay paypal holds your money for a small amount of time until the seller gets their items and you get the money after the seller leaves positive feedback or if the seller doesn't make any complaints then you get the money. It's just a standard security process and makes things easier on the whole so paypal don't need to reimburse the seller in case the item is faulty/broken/not to the standards.

I have no idea about the payment cancellation though so you should phone paypal and ask for some clarity.

Don't worry, I now have my money but thanks for the indepth advice !! :smile:
It's in PayPal, it's not gonna go to your bank account unless you go to PayPal and withdraw it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fefssdf

anyone have any ideas

Unless you have had a certain number of successful selling transactions via eBay (I forget the exact number but I think it's between 30 and 40) the funds will be pending in your PayPal account for up to 30 days (though it's usually less than this) for security reasons. It is so frustrating.
Reply 11
Original post by Platopus
Unless you have had a certain number of successful selling transactions via eBay (I forget the exact number but I think it's between 30 and 40) the funds will be pending in your PayPal account for up to 30 days (though it's usually less than this) for security reasons. It is so frustrating.

I just had to confirm my account basically and then they gave me the money so it's all sorted now !
Original post by fefssdf
I just had to confirm my account basically and then they gave me the money so it's all sorted now !

asking on tsr about £22 wow. I once got stung for over £1000.

I never got my money back though.
Reply 13
Original post by john2054
asking on tsr about £22 wow. I once got stung for over £1000.

I never got my money back though.

Ah well sorry but for me I still think that's a reasonable amount of money
Reply 14
Original post by Bloom77
It's in PayPal, it's not gonna go to your bank account unless you go to PayPal and withdraw it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you,

I have now withdrawn the funds from my PayPal account :smile:
Original post by fefssdf

Glad you got your money!
Reply 16
Original post by Platopus
Glad you got your money!

Thanks cause I was getting worried that I had got rid of all my maths textbooks for free ! Scary thought !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending