The Student Room Group

How often are you genuinely happy?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mediaya
Seeee, i am reading what i think i am...... Prolly going crazyyyyyy :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hmmmm2: we are both going :stupid:
Personally I am happy most of the time because I am fit, I have money, I'm learning new skills, I actually make use of my time, I enjoy hard work, and I can see a bright future ahead of me. And I have few things to worry about.

I'm usually not happy when I dwell on the past and what could have been, when I do badly in competitive sports and when I procrastinate. I do these less and less nowadays.
Original post by goam
Here's a deep quote that might answer that question!

We come to the platform where we don’t expect anything from others by cultivating humility. If we are proud, we feel that we deserve so many good things from so many people. If we are actually humble, we are grateful for whatever happens and for whatever that comes. :moon: - Radhanath Swami

Aaahhh wohoo love that thanks :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trapz99
Most of the time. I'm rarely not happy.

Wow, how old r u? If u dont mind me asking :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PrincessBO$$
:hmmmm2: we are both going :stupid:

Seee now i am telling myself we (thats me n me mum) are going crazy....... Am going crazy :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mediaya
Seee now i am telling myself we (thats me n me mum) are going crazy....... Am going crazy :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There There. Im going cukoo cukoo too

There There. Im going cukoo cukoo too

:five:
Awww they both look so cute :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mediaya
:five:
Awww they both look so cute :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, the woman patting the daughter's face is clearly clueless on what to do.
Haha, the woman patting the daughter's face is clearly clueless on what to do.

Lol yh :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats how im gonna react when my child cries for no reason:biggrin:
Pretty rarely. maybe once a month or so but it depends on what happens
Thats how im gonna react when my child cries for no reason:biggrin:

Oh lol, dont do that, ur child is gonna cry even more :lol: just give a big hug :awesome:, a mum's hug can solve everything but u only realise it when..... Nothing lol:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mediaya
Oh lol, dont do that, ur child is gonna cry even more :lol: just give a big hug :awesome:, a mum's hug can solve everything but u only realise it when..... Nothing lol:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So true. :cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:

So true. :cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:

I knoooow :cry: i want a hug now :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
How often am I 'genuinely happy'? - Whenever I'm at concerts/gigs or helping people on TSR I'd say, so it's frequent enough :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't know really. I have DPD- depersonalization, and it clouds my emotions. But I think I feel happy fairly often, but normally in excitement of watching a film or having time to relax.
Original post by Anonymous
When was the last time you were just happy?

I don't know about you, but does anyone else feel that as they've gone older, they've lost that sense of mindless happiness we have as children? Of being happy, just because.

It so rarely happens to me now, as I spend most of my day thinking about the struggles of life, finding work, relationships, quarrels with family, personal failings etc.
But I remember as a child just feeling pure and simple happiness, that wasn't related to personal achievement, or excitement about going out with friends. Just happiness.

I have memories of going for walks with my grandad and sister and just having this warm, feeling of innocent happiness. The only time I get that feeling now is when reminiscing about times I felt like that.

I can't help but wonder though, is that what growing up is? Is simple happiness a rare, dying luxury as we age rather than a default?

One of my favourite memories as a child involves just me and my two sisters lying on the bed in my parents room, and the sun blazing in on us, and just feeling happy. Content. It's such a small, non-significant memory, but I just remember feeling so happy in that moment.
I want to feel like that again,

I haven't been happy since I finished my a-levels in 2012 but I put it down to the multiple family deaths I've experienced in that time tbh. Hopefully everyone in my family has finished dying for a while so now I can recover somewhat
Original post by mediaya
I knoooow :cry: i want a hug now :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Note: Im voldemort in this gif
and if i ever do see you in real life i'll give you a big bear hug :h:
Reply 58
Last time I was sun batheing :smile:

Note: Im voldemort in this gif
and if i ever do see you in real life i'll give you a big bear hug :h:

Erm.... Yh the hug in there is pretty scary tbh.... Lol
Awww thanks, me too