The Student Room Group

How do people manage to go on so many dates?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Galaxie501
If you couldnt do that at age 23 I'd be pretty worried.

in the sense or more or less?
Original post by shawtyb
in the sense or more or less?

My comment was a bit cynical but it wasnt a joke either.

If people have dated 10 people at age 23 (more or less) then that's a pretty high number if you ask me. And no, I dont make a difference between guys and girls when it comes to this.

Just my oppinion.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Galaxie501
My comment was a bit cynical but it wasnt a joke either.

If people have dated 10 people at age 23 (more or less) then that's a pretty high number if you ask me. And no, I dont make a difference between guys and girls when it comes to this.

Just my oppinion. No beef

Spoiler

ah!
well i read this thread as 'going on a date' not as in how many people you have been in a r.ship with
Reply 223
Original post by shawtyb
im female and the amount of dates iv been on in 23 yrs i can count on one hand!

I don't even reach the first finger and I'm 22
Original post by UWS
I don't even reach the first finger and I'm 22

r u counting on ur toes? :O
hey youuu...
don't be so negative.. there are more women that men so there theres more than one women out there for every man.
hey youuu...
don't be so negative.. there are more women that men so there theres more than one women out there for every man.
Reply 227
I think most people who get a lot of dates just tend to regularly ask people they meet, and people who don't get any don't tend to ask anyone. The first thing to do is to start asking people out if you're interested in them. It's not actually that difficult - get to know each other a little, then if you like them suggest doing something fun sometime you want to do. Talking to girls is like anything else - the more you do it the more comfortable and natural you get at it.
hey youuu...
I think you've missed the point...why are you wasting time talking to girls on Tinder about their interests?! You have to be straight to the point and be arranging a time, date and place to have sex after 10 minutes of successful small talk.
Original post by Lemon Haze
I think you've missed the point...why are you wasting time talking to girls on Tinder about their interests?! You have to be straight to the point and be arranging a time, date and place to have sex after 10 minutes of successful small talk.

This guy knows.

Oh and go out in the real world and meet girls at events, parties and clubs, social events and that. Going out in the real world and interacting with girls will bring much more confidence.
Original post by Jazzy97
This guy knows.

Oh and go out in the real world and meet girls at events, parties and clubs, social events and that. Going out in the real world and interacting with girls will bring much more confidence.

Not sure about OP, but I do this and they still run in the opposite direction.

I've given up now, however. I'm not someone who can be desirable, end of.
You're lacking self esteem, a lack of confidence screams insecurity, which screams red flags. I can understand why it happens, but I'm sure you already knew that.
Original post by Jazzy97
You're lacking self esteem, a lack of confidence screams insecurity, which screams red flags. I can understand why it happens, but I'm sure you already knew that.

Oh cut the crap with this *******s. I can't even get dates by messaging girls online, there is no way they can sense a "lack of self-esteem/confidence".

People need to cut the crap and tell me exactly why girls treat me like the plague. If I'm ugly or boring or some other ****, I want to know.
You need to cut the crap and realise that an attitude like that is not doing you any favours. Take advice with a pinch of salt, but if you can't take constructive criticism, than have a nice day.
I don't think you are, maybe it's cuz they don't get to know you, or some of them 'judge a book by it's cover' kind of thing, :s-smilie: Your not ugly or boring! :biggrin: Well at least that's what I think. Maybe ask them why they avoid you in that way? Don't know if that would work, but dunno.
Great post and it's true too :smile:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Kind words :smile:

I agree :smile:
Dateless and Proud. :h:
It's better to go on one or two dates at a later date and be succesful and find someone perfect, the love of your life, than go on tens and hundreds and be left in tears.

I agree with this :smile: Still searching myself :tongue:
Don't despare you'll find that perfect, beautiful, and succesful one! Just like yourself :smile:
@FireFreezer77
& Always remember:
'When a relationship is over, leave. Don't continue watering a dead flower'. :h:
xx

I agree yet again :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest