The Student Room Group

I'm more than just a number - Story of a french med student who failed and raised up

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Matrix123
Heyy, I just finished reading your last blog post. It was a great read, as always and another insight into the French system. I do hope, wherever the future takes you, that you continue being the jolie et contente licorne que tu es! (That probably doesn't make sense but I hope you understand :tongue: what would the proper translation of that last bit be?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for reading :h:
Awww thank you :lovehug: it does make sense, actually your sentence is perfect :yep: ( except the spelling of "es" -> "tu es" / "il est" ) and btw this is not a simple sentence to make, well done :O :jive: :jive:
Original post by mediaya
That makes sense to me (but u never know, my french might be old...) i dont have the 2016 version...

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't worry it does make sense :yep:
Original post by mediaya
That makes sense to me (but u never know, my french might be old...) i dont have the 2016 version...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :five:
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Thanks for reading :h:
Awww thank you :lovehug: it does make sense, actually your sentence is perfect :yep: ( except the spelling of "es" -> "tu es" / "il est" ) and btw this is not a simple sentence to make, well done :O :jive: :jive:

Always welcome :wink:
Ahhhhh, I should have known that! :facepalm: I'd better practise some of my French conjugations! :tongue:
Oooh, thanks! :h:

:jive::jive::jive:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heeeeeeey guys :woo:
Long time no see :lovehug:

I was looking forward to continue that blog, but things happened in real life and I need to stay away from this just for now.

It does not really have something to do with my medicine schools stuff, mainly health issues, but it's kind of complicating my life a bit more.

Anyway, I shall tell you about what is important in a couple of months. Nothing is very important tho :h:

Till then, LOVE you guys ty to all those who have ever read my blog, ty to those who have cheered me up in any ways, ty to those who became my genuine friends (You know who you are <3) ty to everyone.

--------------------------

To my friends.

Life is life and things happen all the time and that's why life is so exciting. The thing is, I am very very VERY tired of explaining over and over again what is actually happening to me, I don't mind talking about it tbf, just soooo tired.

Same questions all the time. Same reply. Tiring. I can't deal guys I just can't. This morning I woke up and for the 1st time in forever I hadn't nightmares. So please guys, please don't message me, don't ask me, don't bring the nightmares back. I am genuinely tired, I need to forget.

I shall message you. When I'll be ready.

Please let me forget.

Love you.
@Eternalflames @Alexion
@fatima1998 @Zargabaath @acupofgreentea @CoolCavy + cba to tag everyone ..

Now you know why I left GC. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
@EternalFlame @Alexion
@fatima1998 @serah.exe @Zargabaath @acupofgreentea @CoolCavy + cba to tag everyone ..

Aww, take care hun :lovehug:
@Eternalflames @Alexion
@fatima1998 @serah.exe @Zargabaath @acupofgreentea @CoolCavy + cba to tag everyone ..

Love you french fry :hugs:
@Eternalflames @Alexion

love you :lovehug:
hope everything will be sorted asap :h:

Spoiler

I dare say.. maybe the issue is not the others asking but rather you turning the page~

Turn the page girl~
Forget about it and move to something new
Good luck :3
Bonjouuuuur tout le monde !

Do you guys have English med courses in France?
Original post by raniafern
Do you guys have English med courses in France?

No we don't sorry, such a thing unfortunately does not exist in France \:
Original post by The Joker ~
I dare say.. maybe the issue is not the others asking but rather you turning the page~

Turn the page girl~
Forget about it and move to something new
Good luck :3

I wish I could. What happened cannot be forget. Ty anyway
No we don't sorry, such a thing unfortunately does not exist in France \:

I wish I could. What happened cannot be forget. Ty anyway

Oh alright, coz I want to do Medicien :biggrin:
Oh alright, coz I want to do Medicien :biggrin:

Nice :3
Do you speak a bit of French ? Because if you don't speak French it'll be really complicated for you to succeed, If you speak French tho, that's different. Since you asked I reckon you don't ?
Have you thought about other countries ? Eastern countries have English med courses, Italy too ! If you're interested for Italy here's a link : http://www.universitaly.it/index.php/imat_home

If you have any questions about a country in particular, I'd be very happy to help you :h:
Nice :3
Do you speak a bit of French ? Because if you don't speak French it'll be really complicated for you to succeed, If you speak French tho, that's different. Since you asked I reckon you don't ?
Have you thought about other countries ? Eastern countries have English med courses, Italy too ! If you're interested for Italy here's a link : http://www.universitaly.it/index.php/imat_home

If you have any questions about a country in particular, I'd be very happy to help you :h:

Oui, je parle Francais, car j'ai etudie (excuse the absence of accents) Francais pour 2 ans/annees (Portuguese got mixed up with French :lol: ) Non, je ne veux pas etudier Medicien en Francais, parce que ce n'est pas mon langue primaire. Je parle Anglais, et je veux etudier seulement a l'Anglais. Oui, je sui en train de mes applications a l'Italia. Je n'aime pas des pais 'Eastern' Merci pour votre temps, desole pour ma langue :rofl:

And if you didn't understand all that, it just proves that I can't study medicine in French, only in English :biggrin: Thanks for your time, Unicorn :biggrin:
Oui, je parle Francais, car j'ai etudie (excuse the absence of accents) Francais pour 2 ans/annees (Portuguese got mixed up with French :lol: ) Non, je ne veux pas etudier Medicien en Francais, parce que ce n'est pas mon langue primaire. Je parle Anglais, et je veux etudier seulement a l'Anglais. Oui, je sui en train de mes applications a l'Italia. Je n'aime pas des pais 'Eastern' Merci pour votre temps, desole pour ma langue :rofl:

And if you didn't understand all that, it just proves that I can't study medicine in French, only in English :biggrin: Thanks for your time, Unicorn :biggrin:

Non j'ai très bien compris ne t'inquiète pas :smile:

Oh I see, you're right tho, because studying medicine in French is Italy useless, the future is in the English language anyway. Your French is good tho :h:

I understand about Eastern countries, the level is, of course, not the same ^^

Best of luck with your application for Italy :heart:

And you're very welcome, always happy to help :lovehug:
Non j'ai très bien compris ne t'inquiète pas :smile:

Oh I see, you're right tho, because studying medicine in French is Italy useless, the future is in the English language anyway. Your French is good tho :h:

I understand about Eastern countries, the level is, of course, not the same ^^

Best of luck with your application for Italy :heart:

And you're very welcome, always happy to help :lovehug:

Yay! That diploma is still good then! I'm happy you understood me! Not only because the future is English, but I'm not as fluent as I used to be in French... About the Eastern countries, yeah, exactly! :shh: I didn't want to shoot you down :lol:

Thank you :hugs:

If I may ask, what did you do after you chucked Medicine?
Yay! That diploma is still good then! I'm happy you understood me! Not only because the future is English, but I'm not as fluent as I used to be in French... About the Eastern countries, yeah, exactly! :shh: I didn't want to shoot you down :lol:

Thank you :hugs:

If I may ask, what did you do after you chucked Medicine?

Yes it's good to speak more than one language :woo:

Oh don't worry ! :hugs:

I applied for medical schools in Czech Republik, so I can go to USA as a postgraduate. Still waiting for the results of my exams :smile:

I applied to Italy too btw ! My exam is on September. Did you apply for this year ? Because I did :five:

Spoiler

Yes it's good to speak more than one language :woo:

Oh don't worry ! :hugs:

I applied for medical schools in Czech Republik, so I can go to USA as a postgraduate. Still waiting for the results of my exams :smile:

I applied to Italy too btw ! My exam is on September. Did you apply for this year ? Because I did :five:

I actually speak 6 languages :biggrin: :woo:

OMG! You're doing the freaking IMAT?! I love youuuuuuu :love: :hugs: :lovehug: I NEED COMPANY!! :excited: I couldn't find ONE damn, straight answer to this question: If I do the IMAT this year 2016, am I eligible for entry NEXT year 2017? Because I'm still in my last year of school... Yes, Sept 14th :heart: I'm actually scared, because I'm doing the UKCAT at the moment... So tired :smile:

Are you looking at Charles, Prague :colone: ?

Oui, c'est moi. As-tu oublie? :cry2: J'aime Griezou :love: Il est mon favori car il joue tres bien, il et Giroud. Griezou est Portugais, comme moi :biggrin:
I actually speak 6 languages :biggrin: :woo:

OMG! You're doing the freaking IMAT?! I love youuuuuuu :love: :hugs: :lovehug: I NEED COMPANY!! :excited: I couldn't find ONE damn, straight answer to this question: If I do the IMAT this year 2016, am I eligible for entry NEXT year 2017? Because I'm still in my last year of school... Yes, Sept 14th :heart: I'm actually scared, because I'm doing the UKCAT at the moment... So tired :smile:

Are you looking at Charles, Prague :colone: ?

Oui, c'est moi. As-tu oublie? :cry2: J'aime Griezou :love: Il est mon favori car il joue tres bien, il et Giroud. Griezou est Portugais, comme moi :biggrin:

IMAT ! that one ! Omg you're my new exam buddy :O :woo: :woo:

14th September for me too :five:
If you seat the exam this year, you're gonna start in next October dear :jive:

Best of luck with UCKAT !! <3

Oui Charles de Prague :P

6 languages ?? Which ones ? I am impressed ! I can "only" speak 4 !

Griezouuuuu ! Damn girl we have SO MUCH in common !! ILY !!!!! :lovehug:
IMAT ! that one ! Omg you're my new exam buddy :O :woo: :woo:

14th September for me too :five:
If you seat the exam this year, you're gonna start in next October dear :jive:

Best of luck with UCKAT !! <3

Oui Charles de Prague :P

6 languages ?? Which ones ? I am impressed ! I can "only" speak 4 !

Griezouuuuu ! Damn girl we have SO MUCH in common !! ILY !!!!! :lovehug:

Thanks for that, I'm applying for next year :biggrin: Haha, Charles the Prague sounds like your airport :rofl: Cool, we're gonna study for the IMAT together this year! How do you plan to study? Books or online courses? I haven't really decided on either. Focusing on the UKCAT atm.

Quick Reply

Latest