The Student Room Group

Don't know how to stop

Ok so slightly bait title but no-one gives most things I say the time of day so yknow gotta attract the punters in some way to kick some hypothetical addiction.

Anyway I like can't stop working, like inb4 'only on TSR ahahahahaha' 'Bloody Troll Post' ok just let us take a moment to get that out of your system

*crickets*

ok better?

:h:

like literally I have been off of school for about a week-ish now and all I have done in that time is done extra reading for my coursework and typed notes on Russian Tsars. As great as that maybe academically I think it is slightly unhealthy to have no other purpose as is applicable to myself. I have friends inrl but I don't see them outside of school and i'm rather introverted and haven't been to a party in 5 years and that was a fancy dress...
So has anyone got any suggestions? I'm reluctant to get a job because ik that in 5 ish weeks I won't have time for that anymore and I dont want a job to impact my A2, I have tried to get work experienced but got knocked back because of a new law (??) limiting it to 18 and above for some placements.
I could just spend the rest of the holidays doing what i am doing now but i dont want to burn out come September because ik that A2 is going to be hard.
So yes any suggestions? :redface:
Maybe see if there's any volunteering you can do locally over the summer. Your local library should take you on for their summer reading challenge for the kids.
Reply 2
Do you have any books you would like to read? I'm still here so excited for the release of the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child script this weekend.
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Maybe see if there's any volunteering you can do locally over the summer. Your local library should take you on for their summer reading challenge for the kids.

That is actually a good point :smile: thank you, i have to go to the library a lot anyway for this extra reading and im sure they need 'staff' for things? :dontknow:

Original post by Airmed
Do you have any books you would like to read? I'm still here so excited for the release of the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child script this weekend.

lol i just realised what this might have looked like to you :redface: sorry :colondollar: x
and well tbh all i have been reading atm is history books but i suppose i could find something
awwww you are too adorable airmed :lol: :hugs: x
Original post by Salamandastron
That is actually a good point :smile: thank you, i have to go to the library a lot anyway for this extra reading and im sure they need 'staff' for things? :dontknow:

Haha yeah. Libraries are generally always looking for volunteers to do stuff.
Reply 5
lol i just realised what this might have looked like to you :redface: sorry :colondollar: x
and well tbh all i have been reading atm is history books but i suppose i could find something
awwww you are too adorable airmed :lol: :hugs: x

It's ok :hugs: History books are fab though. Shush. :colondollar:
Ok so slightly bait title but no-one gives most things I say the time of day so yknow gotta attract the punters in some way to kick some hypothetical addiction.

Anyway I like can't stop working, like inb4 'only on TSR ahahahahaha' 'Bloody Troll Post' ok just let us take a moment to get that out of your system

*crickets*

ok better?

like literally I have been off of school for about a week-ish now and all I have done in that time is done extra reading for my coursework and typed notes on Russian Tsars. As great as that maybe academically I think it is slightly unhealthy to have no other purpose as is applicable to myself. I have friends inrl but I don't see them outside of school and i'm rather introverted and haven't been to a party in 5 years and that was a fancy dress...
So has anyone got any suggestions? I'm reluctant to get a job because ik that in 5 ish weeks I won't have time for that anymore and I dont want a job to impact my A2, I have tried to get work experienced but got knocked back because of a new law (??) limiting it to 18 and above for some placements.
I could just spend the rest of the holidays doing what i am doing now but i dont want to burn out come September because ik that A2 is going to be hard.

Why don't you see your friends outside of school?
Pokemon Go, fam. As in, Go catch 'em all. It's good exercise :h:
Original post by Airmed
It's ok :hugs: History books are fab though. Shush. :colondollar:

:hugs:
looool well this one is kind of dry :colondollar:
you are :slap:

Original post by upperechelon
Why don't you see your friends outside of school?

because im not really in a 'clique' i just talk to the whole year and sections of the whole year dont talk to other sections lol, plus all they do is drink vodka and party and stuff and im not into that. plus i didnt have a phone until recently so as you can imagine organising stuff was about as efficient as carrier pigeons lol :redface:

Original post by Drunk Punx
Pokemon Go, fam. As in, Go catch 'em all. It's good exercise :h:

:lol: tbh i was tempted but i want to do something productive and i already go running :redface:
Reply 9

*crickets*

ok better?

I had this exact issue after GCSEs and I know how you feel. I actually ended up feeling really low and a bit useless, because after working so hard I wasn't working at all (my A level centre is a bit rubbish at admin and didn't send a few students their progression work, me included)

But I had a mopey three weeks or so and then discovered new things I could do. See if you're interested in any of these.

Taking up a language- you don't have to get fluent by September but it's a fun way to pass time and keep your brain from turning to mush. Download Duolingo from the app store, it's free and easy to use

Walking- I literally just chucked my shoes and jacket on and went exploring on some days, and it was actually really fun. Ditto running. Ditto cycling.

Reading- I never got time to read for pleasure during the year, summer was my huge chance and I took it...I read so. many. books. Also writing can be fun, short stories, poems etc

You could do these alongside working toward A2 if you'd like, I find these kind pf hobbies a bit better than 'Netflixing', although I've been doing my fair share of that:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest