The Student Room Group

What do we actually wear?

Hi guys,

I have an interview at John Lewis but it's for the concesson Ralph Lauren.

Has anyone had previous experience at John Lewis or Ralph Lauren interviews.
Also, what would you actually wear to the interview? Would you go stylish or super smart?

Thanks🙃🙂
go smart, if you're going for an decent clothing brand and can show a bit of appropriate style within being smart (e.g. a shirt that fits the style of the shop, an accessory that is the same style etc) then do that but I would go for appearing smart before you try and look fashionable
John Lewis is a super conservative company.
Original post by Billyboy2016
Hi guys,

I have an interview at John Lewis but it's for the concesson Ralph Lauren.

Has anyone had previous experience at John Lewis or Ralph Lauren interviews.
Also, what would you actually wear to the interview? Would you go stylish or super smart?

Thanks🙃🙂

Maybe this can help you out - https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Interview/John-Lewis-Interview-Questions-E10179.htm
Or this - https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Interview/ralph-lauren-interview-questions-SRCH_KE0,12.htm

Sorry, it's the best I can do! :smile:
Original post by doodle_333
go smart, if you're going for an decent clothing brand and can show a bit of appropriate style within being smart (e.g. a shirt that fits the style of the shop, an accessory that is the same style etc) then do that but I would go for appearing smart before you try and look fashionable

Thanks for the prompt reply! I was thinking just wear a nice white Ralph Lauren shirt, blue skinny chinos and some nice tan brogues? And then maybe but a smart blazer, keeping it classy🙂
Original post by Trinculo
John Lewis is a super conservative company.

So true lol, need the job though! Hopefully my past experiences at primark and marks and Spencer's mean sometihing😂😏

Thank you very much! I'm rather suprised I didn't come across these my self🙃🙂
So true lol, need the job though! Hopefully my past experiences at primark and marks and Spencer's mean sometihing😂😏

What i mean is the way you should dress. It's not really a place for looking like someone from a phone shop. The customers are generally older people. I'd just copy what the staff wear to a greater or lesser degree.
Original post by Trinculo
What i mean is the way you should dress. It's not really a place for looking like someone from a phone shop. The customers are generally older people. I'd just copy what the staff wear to a greater or lesser degree.

Sorry but which phone shop do shop with? I'm intrigued to find out who sells phones with Ralph Lauren shirts and brogues😂🙄
Sorry but which phone shop do shop with? I'm intrigued to find out who sells phones with Ralph Lauren shirts and brogues😂🙄

I was thinking more the cheap blue suit, lilac shirt and purple tie with a big knot
Thanks for the prompt reply! I was thinking just wear a nice white Ralph Lauren shirt, blue skinny chinos and some nice tan brogues? And then maybe but a smart blazer, keeping it classy🙂

yeah if it'sall decent stuff and fits well thatshould be fine (I'd go for the blazer) - shows a bit of style but still looking smart

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending