The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lol'd.
Did not lol
Did not lol
Did not lol
Original post by Rk2k14
The logic is that Juventus are spending a huge amount of money on a player who is unproven on the big stage, and that stage being the Champions League. A trophy Juventus haven't won for roughly 20 years. Presume they wanted to get him to take them to the next stage. Conquered the league and even without him they'll probably win it again. CL is what eludes them and don't see how Higuain helps them in that case. Could prove me wrong, guess we'll find out.
These are points against buying Higuian not against paying £75m for him. You could have written this about them buying him for a fiver. Secondly, point to another option that would render this untrue? Who are they buying that is going to help them win the CL that they can afford? In the £75m and under market, name a CL winning quality striker.

The money is important because they've splashed out £75million on a striker notorious for being one of the biggest bottlers in the sport. Admittedly there aren't many top strikers in the world available but don't believe Higuain is the only top striker on the market.
A bottler who is still the best they can get. Why don't you just list these alternative CL winning striker?

I would gladly advocate Wenger's transfer policy if it meant I wasn't spending £75million on a guy with a history of bottling. Value for money n ting.
Becuase satisfaction is the main feeling over in the Arsenal thread, all pumped on that value for money. Juventus fans on the other hand, still reeling from overpaying for Buffon all those years ago.

If they'd done their business earlier maybe they would have had a chance with someone like Ibra.
Who in that sense is also unproven and a bottler who was a cast off from a big side in their pursuit of the CL. Also naive to think they test the water on that front.
Lol not did.
Original post by Fizzel
These are points against buying Higuian not against paying £75m for him. You could have written this about them buying him for a fiver. Secondly, point to another option that would render this untrue? Who are they buying that is going to help them win the CL that they can afford? In the £75m and under market, name a CL winning quality striker.

A bottler who is still the best they can get. Why don't you just list these alternative CL winning striker?

Becuase satisfaction is the main feeling over in the Arsenal thread, all pumped on that value for money. Juventus fans on the other hand, still reeling from overpaying for Buffon all those years ago.

Who in that sense is also unproven and a bottler who was a cast off from a big side in their pursuit of the CL. Also naive to think they test the water on that front.

Like I said, the market for top strikers is limited. Could argue with the likes of Cavani but even his ability is questionable.

Guess we'll see if Higuain can do it on the big stage
(edited 7 years ago)
Poor Rk :sad:

But Lol did not.
Original post by Rk2k14
Like I said, the market for top strikers is limited. Could argue with the likes of Cavani but even his ability is questionable.
You think you could buy Cavani for £75m or less? PSG, one of the richest clubs in the world are going to sell their number 1 striker, and leave themselves with, as you've said, limited (read zero) options to replace him? I doubt you could buy Cavani for £100m right now.

Guess we'll see if Higuain can do it on the big stage but if I was a Juve fan I wouldn't be too pleased with the transfer.
Considering the negative outcomes for Juv are failing to win the CL while not trying, or failing while trying (also dismembering their closest league rivals in the process), there isn't much to be unhappy about. Worst case he'll flop they will still be the biggest club in Serie A and they will try again.
Original post by Fizzel
You think you could buy Cavani for £75m or less? PSG, one of the richest clubs in the world are going to sell their number 1 striker, and leave themselves with, as you've said, limited (read zero) options to replace him? I doubt you could buy Cavani for £100m right now.

Considering the negative outcomes for Juv are failing to win the CL while not trying, or failing while trying (also dismembering their closest league rivals in the process), there isn't much to be unhappy about. Worst case he'll flop they will still be the biggest club in Serie A and they will try again.

Cavani's future has been up in the air so who's to say what the future holds.(probably will stay now he's got the ST role).

Specified Cavani because he's the closest guy who could rival Higuain in terms of ability.
Lacazette and Lukaku are also potential targets. Albeit not having as much experience in big competitions but then again Higuain hasn't exactly set them alight.

Wouldn't have thought the CL would be the main priority for them now.
(edited 7 years ago)
Meet RK:

Did not lol.
Original post by Dirtybit
Meet RK:

Are we gonna act like you don't WikiHow to smuggle food in the cinema.
Reply 1853
Cavani won't leave,

Lacazette is not a clear improvement on Higuain or any form of improvement, they already have a small fast striker in Dybala who starts for them so Lacazette is surplus. Juventus play a small striker alongside a big striker usually and Lacazette doesn't help in that regard. They have Dybala and Vadala for that pacey small striker role.

Lukaku could go but again that's paying for potential. None of them are better than Higuain at this moment in time.
(edited 7 years ago)
See post again.
Still did not lol
Original post by Rk2k14
Are we gonna act like you don't WikiHow to smuggle food in the cinema.
Little tip here for life. No need to smuggle, the big UK cinema's allow you to bring food and drink, with the exception of hot food or alcohol into the cinema. They obviously just don't advertise this becuase its one of their best revenue sources. Odeon and Vue even have it on their websites saying you can. Cineworld is a bit opaque but they simply have a banned list.
Original post by Fizzel
Little tip here for life. No need to smuggle, the big UK cinema's allow you to bring food and drink, with the exception of hot food or alcohol into the cinema. They obviously just don't advertise this becuase its one of their best revenue sources. Odeon and Vue even have it on their websites saying you can. Cineworld is a bit opaque but they simply have a banned list.

Been bringing in food and drink since you were a little kid Fizzel. Know how the game is played.:wink:

Cineworld is **** anyway. Odeon>>>
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fizzel

Wasn't aware of that. At my local Vue they don't care anyway, went from the point of at least displaying some levels of subtlety to just carrying in your Co-Op/ASDA bag in plain sight. Can't remember the last time I bought anything other than popcorn from the cinema anyway, ridiculously overpriced. Cinema's on a complex with a newly built KFC, have seen multiple couples walk in with box meals (and yes, they were black).
Reply 1859
Yeah I'd bring KFC to the cinema.

No ****s given.

I see people bringing their hot beef nachos in the cinema so I'm gonna go one further. nfg.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest