The Student Room Group

I think someone's trying to hack my phone

I think someone's trying to hack or put a virus on my phone. Do I download AVG? Help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saraxh
I think someone's trying to hack or put a virus on my phone. Do I download AVG? Help

Moved to mobile phones. :h:

What phone do you have? :redface:
Original post by iEthan
Moved to mobile phones. :h:

What phone do you have? :redface:

iPhone 5S
Original post by saraxh
iPhone 5S

Ah, OK - it's not very likely someone is hacking your phone. What makes you think someone might be? Any indicators that made you think someone might be? :holmes:

Spoiler

All my accounts keep getting hacked, it's annoying asf

Had like 10 emails from instagram saying someone's been trying to reset my password, people got into my email addresses, amazon account and facebook.
Original post by iEthan
Ah, OK - it's not very likely someone is hacking your phone. What makes you think someone might be? Any indicators that made you think someone might be? :holmes:

Spoiler

Thank you :h:
This add popped up which looked like a virus on my laptop(it was disgusting). I was charging my phone from my laptop so it's connected together. One of my images looked like it glitched. I'm not sure if I'm overreacting.
Original post by saraxh
Thank you :h:
This add popped up which looked like a virus on my laptop(it was disgusting). I was charging my phone from my laptop so it's connected together. One of my images looked like it glitched. I'm not sure if I'm overreacting.

Ah, nothing at all to worry about! Don't give it any thought. :smile:
Original post by iEthan
Ah, nothing at all to worry about! Don't give it any thought. :smile:

TSR went to a random add. I didnt even click anything :eek: I think I might download an anti virus app
Original post by saraxh
TSR went to a random add. I didnt even click anything :eek: I think I might download an anti virus app

They can't do anything malicious to your phone, promise. :h:
Original post by saraxh

I think it might be an issue with TSR - I've had this happen to me as well tonight!

Are the ads for sexual stuff? All of mine have been :O
Original post by iEthan
They can't do anything malicious to your phone, promise. :h:

This popped up
image.png

Tbh they picked the most boring person to hack. Might give my phone to the Apple Store :smile:
Looks like you might have some malware.
Original post by saraxh
This popped up
image.png

Tbh they picked the most boring person to hack. Might give my phone to the Apple Store :smile:

It's just a misleading advert. Simply close the tab and never think about it again. :smile:
That used to happen to me on this website, but it went away on its own now.

download AVG and do a scan
Original post by TelAviv
I think it might be an issue with TSR - I've had this happen to me as well tonight!

Are the ads for sexual stuff? All of mine have been :O

Yes omg I'm happy it's not just happening to me
My husband had extramarital affairs with several women and neglected my kids and I.I didn't find out until a friend contacted an hacker for me.He helped me spy on my husband.He hacked his text messages,call log,whatsapp,facebook,instagram,snapchat.He monitored my husband for months,I was suprised when I found out a lot of secrets my husband had been hiding away from me.Help yourself out of a messy relationship and contact the hacker; cyberblackhat9atgmaildotcom
Original post by username2705335

You better not use the public network now, reset important passwords.
Original post by username2705335

Unfortunately, adware is perfectly legal so although you can block them they won't damage your phone
I'm fairly sure that it is still legal as I read somewhere that some adware producers have fined anti-virus producers for blocking adware.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending