The Student Room Group

Girl stopped responding to texts

I started speaking to a girl on Tinder, soon got her number and we texted a little bit (she responded enthusiastically). I asked when she was free, she got back to me so I asked if she'd like to meet up Monday. So far, silence.

Normally I'd just leave it and assume she wasn't interested, but it wouldn't be the first time it's happened. I don't want to bother her, but at the same time she may have just forgot to respond/not seen the text (unlikely). Is there a way I can approach this? I also noticed she'd added me on Snapchat, and I don't want to add her back if she's not bothered anymore.
Original post by Anonymous
I started speaking to a girl on Tinder, soon got her number and we texted a little bit (she responded enthusiastically). I asked when she was free, she got back to me so I asked if she'd like to meet up Monday. So far, silence.

Normally I'd just leave it and assume she wasn't interested, but it wouldn't be the first time it's happened. I don't want to bother her, but at the same time she may have just forgot to respond/not seen the text (unlikely). Is there a way I can approach this? I also noticed she'd added me on Snapchat, and I don't want to add her back if she's not bothered anymore.

Just send message asking why have you not replied ? and don't worry about trying not to bother her because it's really annoying when people just stop texting and they don't give a reason. When that happens i just stop texting too because i hate people who do that but i'm mainly talking about my friends or new people i meet who do that so i have to keep asking up to 3 times sometimes before i get a reply back. It drives me nuts but if you like her try to get her to answer by pestering her with the question until she gets fed up and is forced to answer or just text that it's annoying when people stop replying back without an explanation, are you still interested in meeting up ?
Hopefully she will reply and do the same with anyone else who stops replying without an explanation so you can move on
Don't text her again. If she is really into you she hasn't forgot. Leave her to it.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Don't text her again. If she is really into you she hasn't forgot. Leave her to it.

This 10000000%. Do NOT text her asking why she hasn't replied or something. You will come off as clingy. Maybe she's busy, maybe she met someone else, maybe she just lost interest. If she wants to meet she'll message you.
Reply 4
I get this all the time except they actually agree on a date first. I just forget about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Judge Judy
Just send message asking why have you not replied ? and don't worry about trying not to bother her because it's really annoying when people just stop texting and they don't give a reason. When that happens i just stop texting too because i hate people who do that but i'm mainly talking about my friends or new people i meet who do that so i have to keep asking up to 3 times sometimes before i get a reply back. It drives me nuts but if you like her try to get her to answer by pestering her with the question until she gets fed up and is forced to answer or just text that it's annoying when people stop replying back without an explanation, are you still interested in meeting up ?
Hopefully she will reply and do the same with anyone else who stops replying without an explanation so you can move on

But please, don't pester her because if you do, she will eventually block you.
Girls do this.

It's a show of strength you simply must meet with an equal show of strength.

Wait for her reply. Then act distant and let her work for your attention again.

It's hard but if it were easy to get women girls would just be preggo all the time

Don't take any notice of the people telling you not to do what i wrote because they should just concentrate on giving you advice of what you should do not what you should not do because i only wrote pester her to get a reply but maybe that's the wrong word to use and you asked what to do so you should ask why she has not replied so you can move on if she does not answer again. I don't care if someone forgot to reply , it's rude to keep someone hanging on and i absolutely hate people who don't have the decency to reply back or they should say they are not interested anymore
All you have to do is say you are not clingy but you just need an answer so you can move on or use different words similar to that in your own style.
Reply 8

Don't take it personally. If you're agonising over a single (and evidently, somewhat fickle) prospective hook-up on Tinder, then you're too fragile for Tinder.

Yeh and no. Sometimes be blunt and direct and it works.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
Yeh and no. Sometimes be blunt and direct and it works.

Not in this case. If she's interested she will contact him. If she forgot then she obviously isn't interested. Also sometimes people are just busy.

OP: do what you want to do.
Not in this case. If she's interested she will contact him. If she forgot then she obviously isn't interested. Also sometimes people are just busy.

OP: do what you want to do.
I disagree, so many times I couldve said nothing. The guy clearly cares just message something blunt and if she doesnt reply grand. then move on.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
I disagree, so many times I couldve said nothing. The guy clearly cares just message something blunt and if she doesnt reply grand. then move on.

He's already said something blunt and direct and she's not replied. For all we know he could have messaged her Tuesday morning, hardly any time passed. Like I said just leave her to it.
He's already said something blunt and direct and she's not replied. For all we know he could have messaged her Tuesday morning, hardly any time passed. Like I said just leave her to it.

hes still not sure though...go for it.
How long was it since she last contacted you?
As far as I can make out, she's either looking at other people, thus consequently put you on hold, or she's testing you. Don't break and most importantly do NOT send her another message. Wait, that's all you can do.
A day later and she replied saying she was unavailable on Monday. I just said let me know when you're free and left it at that.I don't usually let it bother me, but it happens a lot and she's really cute so I thought I'd ask. :smile:
A day later and she replied saying she was unavailable on Monday. I just said let me know when you're free and left it at that.I don't usually let it bother me, but it happens a lot and she's really cute so I thought I'd ask. :smile:

I understand that most people telling you to leave it and just wait to see if she contacts you again first because you might come off as desperate but it depends how you go about it. But just letting her know you are still interested and asking for a reply whether she is still interested or not is harmless, even if someone is busy they could still make an effort to reply back and let you know but if you had not asked again she would not have contacted you again either or left it for a lot longer so at least she knows you still want to meet up because she could have thought maybe your not serious and are messaging or meeting up with lots of other girls so she did not bother to contact you.

But if she's busy Monday she could have at least given a day she might be free but at least she replied as she so could have easily not bothered and continued to keep you hanging.
Now your dilemma is whether to keep texting her or leave it alone and hope she contacts you again. I think you should leave it a few days or one week then ask again what day she thinks she might be free. You said she was cute so it's worth persuing her, if you did not like her that much then you would not bother. Some people need a little gentle pushing or encouragement or nothing would ever happen.

It is really the man's job to do the chasing not the other way around because if a woman does it she might look desperate, although i'm not saying women should not do that if they really like someone because the man might be shy or think a woman would go off them if they kept persuing them.

Many Years ago i met the most handsome man and he asked me out as i was leaving the train station. He worked there, but i said no but gave no explanation why. It was because i had only just met someone else but it did not work out with the other man only after 1 week so i really regretted not giving my number to the train station guy. So 6 months or 1 year later i saw this man in the pub but i was too shy to go and speak to him and he did not come over to me because he thought i was not interested then he left. I always hoped i would see him working in the train staion again but i never did. So it's one of my biggest regrets in life. I always wished he had tried to persue me or been more forward or not taken no for an answer like other men or even in the pub just come over to talk to me as i was too scared to make the first move.

So this is why i told you to pester her but used the wrong word, i really meant persue her or just try one more time because you would regret just leaving it up to her as she might be thinking she can' t make the next move and is waiting for you to do it. I could be wrong but it's harmless to keep asking rather than doing nothing at all and thinking you always have to leave it up to that person to contact you first.
If everybody does that they will all just stay single for ever or a lot longer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending