The Student Room Group

Grinded on girls, feeling depressed

Just came back from a night out, and I grinded on multiple girls.
I'm feeling really depressed as I would much prefer to get into a proper relationship instead of doing this.
I mean the first few times, it felt amazing, but now it's just depressing for me.

The reason why I go to these places is because I feel repressed that I am not in a relationship, and really want to be in one. However going just makes me more depressed.
Reply 1
I actually started going to clubs and binge drinking after a tragic experience happened.

A girl which I REALLY wanted to marry(not date, I mean marry), unfortunately wasn't interested in even being friends with me. I was then blocked on all social media and never got to speak to her again.

Since then, I have suffered from general depression and anxiety. Erectile dysfunction was also a product. This was noticed when I did have a one night stand, but was just very slow to function. Even after that one night stand, I was still depressed.

Whenever I think about what happened, I start drinking and going to clubs, thinking that it will cure myself, but it doesn't.
Original post by Anonymous
I actually started going to clubs and binge drinking after a tragic experience happened.

A girl which I REALLY wanted to marry(not date, I mean marry), unfortunately wasn't interested in even being friends with me. I was then blocked on all social media and never got to speak to her again.

Since then, I have suffered from general depression and anxiety. Erectile dysfunction was also a product. This was noticed when I did have a one night stand, but was just very slow to function. Even after that one night stand, I was still depressed.

Whenever I think about what happened, I start drinking and going to clubs, thinking that it will cure myself, but it doesn't.

Clearly you need to stop being such an idiot and stop drinking, stop going to clubs. It just makes everything worse. Stop having one right stands, they just ruin your life. Why and how is this girl you were in love with gone from your life? What happened exactly? PM me if you think it is too personal to post on a thread. Also how long ago was this? It takes time for things to move through you mentally. You just need to cry and wallow, get your friends and family around you, and you will feel better. Then over time you will find someone you love again like you loved her. It has happened to me. :smile: And now my heart feels massive, swollen by the love I have for my GF. :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Carry on going to the clubs. Its the culture of today bruv the women dont have any integrity or morality even if they pretend to. Dont go to the **** clubs go to places like Xoyo, Fabric, WHP with decent underground music and peng gels. Its shallow thinking but this is what todays culture in employment in our social lives, marriages promotes; the superficial and vacuous.
Reply 4
it's ok. did you get slapped tho? even if you did, just have a good night's sleep and you'll feel better. don't drink or smoke anything they make depression worse i am told.
Reply 5
Original post by ilikechinesefood
Clearly you need to stop being such an idiot and stop drinking, stop going to clubs. It just makes everything worse. Stop having one right stands, they just ruin your life. Why and how is this girl you were in love with gone from your life? What happened exactly? PM me if you think it is too personal to post on a thread. Also how long ago was this? It takes time for things to move through you mentally. You just need to cry and wallow, get your friends and family around you, and you will feel better. Then over time you will find someone you love again like you loved her. It has happened to me. :smile: And now my heart feels massive, swollen by the love I have for my GF. :h:

good advise
Reply 6
Original post by mrahim
it's ok. did you get slapped tho? even if you did, just have a good night's sleep and you'll feel better. don't drink or smoke anything they make depression worse i am told.

Nope, I didn't get slapped. These girls in the clubs are hoes. And they ain't loyal. I really don't value them and would hate it if my wife did that type of thing to other guys.
Reply 7
Nope, I didn't get slapped. These girls in the clubs are hoes. And they ain't loyal. I really don't value them and would hate it if my wife did that type of thing to other guys.

What a hypocrite. LOL!
Just came back from a night out, and I grinded on multiple girls.
I'm feeling really depressed as I would much prefer to get into a proper relationship instead of doing this.
I mean the first few times, it felt amazing, but now it's just depressing for me.

The reason why I go to these places is because I feel repressed that I am not in a relationship, and really want to be in one. However going just makes me more depressed.

This is advice for all the men/boys on TSR or even women/girls and mods who are single to try
If you want a girfriend this is what you must do:
Grow some balls and just go up to girls/women on the street and strike up a conversation with them.
Start off by saying excuse me and asking for directions even if you already know where the place is or ask the time, or where is a good place to meet friends/
partners ?
Then you introduce yourself and ask for her number straight away
Don't ask if she's single first because sometimes that gives women time to lie because if a man asks me that first i just pretend i already have a boyfriend if i'm not interested and hope they go away quickly but some men don't go away and go on to say but we can still meet up or they say we can just meet up for fun which i hate so please don't use that on a woman. It's horrible and puts me right off men
Men have always asked me out on the street or in shops or in the job centre but i don't think i am goodlooking but the men who ask me out think i am.

Anyway on Saturday a man approached me on the street and asked for directions then he gave me a compliment then asked me out straight away. I said yes straightaway because he is so good looking so we are going on a date tonight which i am really scared about because i have not been on a date for years.
I turn down a lot of men over the years because i was not attracted to them.
I don't even have to go to clubs, bars, etc to meet anyone i just get asked out walking down the street or in supermarkets but not often in supermarkets it's really always just walking down the street. Years ago I never even made an effort to dress nice but i'd still get asked out but on Saturday i did make an effort but in my own eyes i still think i look **** so i don't understand why men ask me out.
So always try to dress presentable or smart but some women/girls won't care how you dress if they really like you.

Anyway the bloke that asked me out on the street is a lot younger than i am. He is Greek and normally i don't fancy those type of men but i thought i will go on at least one date to see if i still feel the same after the date as normally i just say no when men ask me out. I hate going on dates and having to worry about what to talk about.
He has only been in the country for 4 months but he text he has a job but when i asked what it is he did not say so i did not ask again as i really don't care if he has a job or not.

My friend said he is lying and has no job because women will not date him if hes not working or has a job like cleaning dirty houses but i said i don't care.
I don't know where she gets this crap from but she says very negative things sometimes.
If you like someone it does not matter if that person does not have a job.
He said he has no friends here so i offered to take him out with new friends i meet on Citysocializer as my own friends i've known for years are boring and never want to go out but i do have a male friend who also has no other male friends so i told the Greek bloke i would introduce him to my male friend too so he was really happy about that because it must be horrible to come to a different country and not know anybody So even if anyone on TSR has no friends or never see them you can also make friends just approaching people on the street too.
So this is a very good way to meet someone because even if he did not ask me out and just said he has no friends i would still have offered to help him make friends by taking him out with me when i arrange to meet up with new people and if the date does not go well i would still like to stay friends with him and go out with him just as a friend so if he had not had the balls to approach me none of this would have happened.

It will seem really weird to just approach strangers on the street but i'm sure everyone has done it before but just to genuinely ask for directions if their lost or really did want to know the time. Iv'e done it loads of times when i had interviews but all you have to do is just use that excuse to talk to people then ask them on a date. Lots of people have met their partners this way.
Some people might think it's creepy but it's really not as long as your always respectful and do not get angry if someone turns you down.
Always ask for their number and don't pressure them for it if they dont want to give it out and always give them your number too

If i tell a man i don't want to give him my number and he kerps asking for it i go off him. I say i will take theirs but then they say but you won't call. This kind of whining also puts me off so dont'say that either as it's the woman's choice and her taking your numer is better than nothing as another man asked me out on the street 2 months ago but i told him i'm not sure if i want to go out with him but i said i will take his number but he said he does'nt give numbers and he did not want to take mine so the whole thing was weird and put me off him because i might have changed my mind about him the next day but he was being silly not wanting to exchange numbers.

Be prepared for lots of rejection and don't let that put you off because for every girl that says no there will be be one that says yes
I would never ask a man out myself because i am not confident about the way i look but if anyone else male or female is not confident or thinks they are not good looking they should still try it. If i believed i was good looking i would ask blokes out on the street or supermarket because sometimes you have to create your own fate
because potential partners will not always come to you and imagine how easy it would be for men if women were brave enough to ask them out so they don't have to do all the work ?
Just because i would not do it does'nt mean other women/girls should not because
Years ago I knew a girl who asked a man out and they got married a year later but they might never have met if she had not done that. I also knew another woman years ago who was walking down the street and a man pulled up in his car and asked her out and they got engaged a year later.

Try it and see what happens because it is better than doing nothing and being alone and depressed. I love it when men ask me out on the street but only if i like the look of them. But everybodies idea of what is good looking is different.
I see lots of unattractive men with wives/girlfriends but other men who are good looking can't get anyone to go out with them. That's just life or bad luck so you have to create your own luck by appoaching women on the street.
If you do meet anyone this way let everyone on here know because it does actually work for most people if they are brave enough to try it and give it a go
I'm probably the worst person to offer advice on club culture, but if you're actually grinding girls then you're doing something right. I think? It seems to be the norm in any case.

Look, clubs won't be your entrance into a relationship. Want a fling? Great, go to a club. If you want something more substantial, look elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending