The Student Room Group

Is America really the greatest country in the world anymore?

Scroll to see replies

Horrible place, horrible people.
Original post by Orlanda
I was really hoping someone would post this

I was surprised nobody hadn't

So good
Original post by umar39
In 50 years time, India will be a more prominent world super power than China if you consider the growth factors. For current times, yes I suppose you are right.

I hope Donald Trump becomes president soon so we can start bombing the s*hit out of the indian subcontinent!
Reply 23
Original post by 999tigger
Be careful of relying on projections, especially 50 year ones. You need more than a lot of people.

You misunderstood, China is projected to have greater population than India in 2055 but India's economy is projected to be stronger due to a more sustainable economy, and a larger middle class among other factors

Projections do have some merit behind them. Of course, they don't reflect the exact trend but they are usually close enough to draw a semi-accurate conclusion.
Reply 24
Original post by MagentaAzure
I hope Donald Trump becomes president soon so we can start bombing the s*hit out of the indian subcontinent!

And why would Donald Trump decide on this?
Army wise yes, not welfare of public...
Original post by umar39
In 50 years time, India will be a more prominent world super power than China if you consider the growth factors. For current times, yes I suppose you are right.

Lol yeah ok right. When they stop eating with their fingers and picking their arses while they're at it we can have an adult conversation.
Reply 27
Original post by James.Carnell
Lol yeah ok right. When they stop eating with their fingers and picking their arses while they're at it we can have an adult conversation.

Take a moment and look at the bold phrases i picked out for you buddy! Your comments are irrelevant, untrue and reflect your total lack of knowledge and intellectualism to maintain a debate (looking at your comment I'm not very surprised :biggrin:)
[QUOTE=umar39;6662india-is-a-dirt-poor-shithole-its-not-the-superpower-that-the-media-portrays-here-are-some-numbe.jpg5016]And why would Donald Trump decide on this?

America has a lot of power and influence around the world, and the best military in terms of both size and capability. No other nation in the world can overpower the US when it comes to military. If they ever decided to go to war with India (unlikely scenario), Europe and several other countries would most likely follow.

Let's be honest, India is a dirt poor s*hithole. It's not the superpower that the media portrays it to be. Just stating the facts.
Original post by Tabstercat
country full of idiots where nearly 50% don't believe in evolution, not something I would consider great. There are definitely great parts about America but when you have a population of total mouth breathers it's very hard to call it the greatest on earth.

Thats quite harsh to call anyone that doesn't believe in evolution stupid.
Original post by Raizelcadres
Thats quite harsh to call anyone that doesn't believe in evolution stupid.

not really. Either they are stupid, brainwashed, or the education system has failed them completely.
Original post by James.Carnell

Whats wrong eating with your hands?
Original post by Tabstercat
not really. Either they are stupid, brainwashed, or the education system has failed them completely.

I understand what you are saying. But regardless there's a lot of smart individuals that don't believe in evolution, doesn't mean they're stupid. However I do believe that their education system is quite bad (I do like the fact you can switch courses over in university) where they rely on SATS to determine if someone is "smart".
Reply 33
This is subjective. A country maybe not stable at all but for the person who is from there, it might be great for them.
I believe America is and will always bebthe greatest ,but it needs to increase the science research budget for this to continue.
The US is still the worlds leading superpower so in that sense it still is.

Looking at individual metrics though, the US has many problems.
Was it ever?
Original post by umar39
You misunderstood, China is projected to have greater population than India in 2055 but India's economy is projected to be stronger due to a more sustainable economy, and a larger middle class among other factors

Projections do have some merit behind them. Of course, they don't reflect the exact trend but they are usually close enough to draw a semi-accurate conclusion.

Other way round. China's population is forecast to collapse and economic growth will at that point stall to Japanese levels (though by then it will be more or less number 1).

India will carry on becoming wealthier with a larger population but it's less well managed than China and neither is prepared for a demographic crisis. India will end up nominally number 1 but China probably will be ahead in per capita. China is however probably going to fail too soon and not match US per capita income..
Original post by Rakas21
Other way round. China's population is forecast to collapse and economic growth will at that point stall to Japanese levels (though by then it will be more or less number 1).

India will carry on becoming wealthier with a larger population but it's less well managed than China and neither is prepared for a demographic crisis. India will end up nominally number 1 but China probably will be ahead in per capita. China is however probably going to fail too soon and not match US per capita income..

America has a lot of power and influence around the world, and the best military in terms of both size and capability. No other nation in the world can overpower the US when it comes to military. If they ever decided to go to war with India (unlikely scenario), Europe and several other countries would most likely follow.

Let's be honest, India is a dirt poor s*hithole. It's not the superpower that the media portrays it to be. Don't get mad, just stating the facts.
india-open-defacation.jpg
Attachment not found
Original post by AndrewSCO
[video="youtube;1zqOYBabXmA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zqOYBabXmA[/video]

3:10

Good theater but short on accuracy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending