The Student Room Group

Should guys pay for girls on dates?

Scroll to see replies

Oh just split the bill for goodness sake. Like, both should offer, if the guy would like to pay, let him. I feel like it shouldn't be as big of a deal as it is. Yes, women and men are equal. No, if the man pays he isn't being rude. No, if the women pays she's not an extreme feminist.
Original post by sugarflower
Domestic duties and being his haven of calm.

Fair enough. So long as overall it's equal, then he should defo pay.
The person who asks the other out should pay for the first couple and every one thereafter should offer or try to come to some arrangement. (would do a relationship like this if I could get past the 'asking out' stage)
Original post by eden3
No.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
Whoever asks first is the one who should pay for the first 2-3 dates. After that, it is 50/50 unless one of the two is feeling generous.

Some men are just trying to be polite, by showing we care, why is that sexist?
I'd offer on a first date!
Reply 65
Original post by donutellme
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MAYNE tell em to git da F**k OUT da WHEY coz im makin all kindzzz of gainzzzzzzz

PRAISE GAWWWWWWD Lord GAINZ came blessed MEH Awwwwwwww mayyyne.... the devils in the GYYYYYYYYYYMMMMM ... can I get a MOOOOOO GAIIIIIIIIIINZZZZ
Original post by eden3
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MAYNE tell em to git da F**k OUT da WHEY coz im makin all kindzzz of gainzzzzzzz

PRAISE GAWWWWWWD Lord GAINZ came blessed MEH Awwwwwwww mayyyne.... the devils in the GYYYYYYYYYYMMMMM ... can I get a MOOOOOO GAIIIIIIIIIINZZZZ

Uh MO GAINZZZ

(why cant I rep you :frown: )
Reply 67
There wasn't an option to represent my view.The closest is this:

No, men and women are equal and it should be divided equally
However, I don't think it's wrong to not split a bill. If one person offers to pay, I think it's fine for the other person to accept if they want to.
Original post by Dragonfly07
So I was having this debate with a friend of mine. I'm a bit undecided, but he thinks that guys should always pay for girls on the first date.

I'm going to attach a poll to this thread to get your opinions and settle the argument!

Be as honest as possible!!

- Dragonfly07

No, *****es want equality so they ****ing get equality!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ugh. The results of this poll/thread reveal all the wrong things.

Any woman that opposes me (a man) paying for us is going to see my hand.

Spoiler

Reply 70
Original post by donutellme
Uh MO GAINZZZ

(why cant I rep you :frown: )

dont wurry mayne, the only reps I need are the reps I do in the GYYMMMM for LORD GAINZ... AMEEEEEEEN.. That s*** was BEAUTIFuL MAYNE. I SAID that ****

- LAWD EDEN 2016

ay mayne, i dont know if you noticed... BUT... u loooookin GEEEEEWWWWWD mayyyyyneee !!!
Reply 71
AY MaYne I didn't answer OP's question properly.

My answer is HELL YEAHHHHH Ima pay..... if she sucks the TIP AWwwwwwwwwwwww YYEEAhhh
Reply 72
for the first date definitely, its just the gentlemany thing to do. especially if hes the one who asked her out

nothing is more of a turn off than looking stingy on your first date
Original post by eden3
dont wurry mayne, the only reps I need are the reps I do in the GYYMMMM for LORD GAINZ... AMEEEEEEEN.. That s*** was BEAUTIFuL MAYNE. I SAID that ****

- LAWD EDEN 2016

ay mayne, i dont know if you noticed... BUT... u loooookin GEEEEEWWWWWD mayyyyyneee !!!

NAWWWWW MAYNNEEE you the one who been makin ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL KINNNNNNNNNNNDSSSSSSSSSSSS o GAINSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I been makin some gains tooo tho mayne, yall see them feathers? them striations? them HAMMMSTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Original post by eden3
AY MaYne I didn't answer OP's question properly.

My answer is HELL YEAHHHHH Ima pay..... if she sucks the TIP AWwwwwwwwwwwww YYEEAhhh

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Hell no, I always pay half or just for my own stuff. Ain't no man feeling obliged to pay to feed my fat ass kmt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Original post by shawtyb
who the hell has coffee as a first date :/

A lot of people do.. What's wrong with it?
The first time my boyfriend and I went out for food he got up to go and pay and I chased after him and gave him my half - he tried to give it back but I wasn't having any of it. The next few dates we paid for separately and then he insisted on paying for one as I always drive us everywhere so he said "call it petrol money".

Now that we have been together a few months, if we go out for dinner he will pay for us both, then the next time we go out I'll pay for us both etc etc. I've never been one to like people paying for me but it is a nice treat from time to time.
I am a girl and so i would probs just pay it so equally so me and him both pay, but then most of the time because i am a nice person i would probably say i will pay for it :smile:
Reply 78
For me, as a girl, it depends on the people. If I have money and the guy doesn't, I don't mind paying for him. Or split the bill. Only time I would expect the guy to pay would be if he insisted on going somewhere specifically that I wouldn't chose to go. Like if he insisted on going somewhere expensive he better not expect me to pay when I would've been fine with just ordering pizza

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending