The Student Room Group

How ready is everyone for uni?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peppercrunch
Haha. I remember that weird offer with Manchester.

Eh, clubs are nothing special. Loads of people dancing to really loud music pretty much. By the time you get out, you'll be deaf, like you won't be able to hear anyone (so you communicate by shouting and look weird).

I wonder if universities have a vacuum cleaner and ironing boards at student accommodation. I don't want to bring a dyson...

GL, I've gone for self-catered. However, I can cook decently. Can't cook steaks and that, but pasta = :u:.

yh I think uni halls so provide an iron board and most have cleaners that come like maybe once a week or so but haven't thought about a hoover to clean my own room lol but I guess there might be a store cupboard with a hoover hmmm haha and yh If i were self catered I would be consuming a LOT of pasta and boiling lots of vegetables but it would annoy me so I'm happy to pay more for someone else to cook me food and then i don't have to worry about washing up lol
I am about 2% ready:frown: going on holiday soon too & i havent bough anything ffs! & idek how to make food & im self catered haha 😂😂
Reply 22
I'm moving house in a couple weeks, going halfway across the country and I'm barely prepared for that. Never mind moving a little more than that distance back across the country to go to uni which will be a couple weeks after I move..

(I was originally gonna be 1-2 hours from home....its more like 5 now)
Reply 23
Original post by fefssdf
Everyone gets drunk and has sex with everyone

I can say this isn't true.. Well maybe the drunk bit in my first flat anyway 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by fefssdf
yh I think uni halls so provide an iron board and most have cleaners that come like maybe once a week or so but haven't thought about a hoover to clean my own room lol but I guess there might be a store cupboard with a hoover hmmm haha and yh If i were self catered I would be consuming a LOT of pasta and boiling lots of vegetables but it would annoy me so I'm happy to pay more for someone else to cook me food and then i don't have to worry about washing up lol

My last uni had an ironing board, iron and Hoover and you could use the Hoover in your room as well as communal area. And they have cleaners who aren't really cleaners 😂 at mine they wouldn't clean your kitchen if it wasn't already clean! They would mop the floor and leave an angry note about how you needed to clean up and take out the recycling (not general rubbish) to encourage us to recycle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Swagio
I can say this isn't true.. Well maybe the drunk bit in my first flat anyway 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was just joking but I'm sure the drunk bit has some truth to it given the new found freedom uni students have
Original post by LizzieTwoShoes
My University is only 2 hours away so I'm gonna be taking quite a bit with me.

Kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff, bedding, quilt/pillows etc, TV, Xbox, DVDs, plush/figures, clothes, stationary stuff, posters, lamp, clock, week worth of food/hygiene and cleaning items etc.

If you only have a suit case spare then I'd suggest bringing just clothes, your favourite gadgets etc and any items that remind you of home. As everything else can pretty much be bought at shops near the University.

These few weeks need to hurry up, I wanna start already! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why are you bringing a TV?:lol: You'll have to pay the TV licence whilst you're there, you know.
Original post by Tokarief
No, I've been waiting for my offer to go unconditional for two weeks and still no message from the uni. They don't even reply to my emails.

call them...
Yeah I know, it's for my Xbox and Netflix :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by fefssdf
Was just joking but I'm sure the drunk bit has some truth to it given the new found freedom uni students have

The drunk bit has too much truth to it! 😂
Most people were drinking everyday during freshers at my last uni but most calm down after freshers.. Although there's always one who manages to keep it up all year and will probably get better grades than you too! LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Trying to work out the best time to start getting rid of and packing stuff like I feel with an entire house to get rid of I should of started by now 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Swagio
The drunk bit has too much truth to it! 😂
Most people were drinking everyday during freshers at my last uni but most calm down after freshers.. Although there's always one who manages to keep it up all year and will probably get better grades than you too! LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not really a drinking so freshers should be interesting I guess ; I'll probably stick to wine than those vodka shots which sound awful hmm ; everyone's gonna think I'm some posh kid
Reply 32
Original post by fefssdf
Yh like trying to picture myself at uni now and it just seems like so far away still and I haven't even got my results yet so god knows I might not even be going to a uni lol but Yh like yourself I do magically get into uni then it will probably only hit me the day before when I'll be sleeping in my bed for the last time for a few months; I'm really gonna miss my bed TBH

I'll be commuting:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
I'll be commuting:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah good for you ; I'm from Kent so the only unis I could commute to would be Kent itself which I don't like and the London ones which I deffo don't wanna go to so I'll have to move up north woop
Reply 34
still in a holiday mood... school's quite a bummer but i'm gonna be a campus ambassador for a startup for the first time ever so quite excited hahaha
Reply 35
Which area of Kent are you from? UoK Canterbury campus is pretty good - the accommodation looks terrible though. I'm preferring Brunel atm over it but Kent is still strongly pushing for the place of firm choice.
I wont start packing until the week before probably :')

Makes me laugh people on here scared about going clubbing. And theres me worried I'll be stuck with people who won't go clubbing haha. Durham people you better be up for it :')
I'm absolutely raring to go for uni. Can't wait to start! However I left my old full time job in order to go to summer school in order to meet my conditions. I assumed I'd find a part-time really easily however it hasn't quite worked out like that. I'm a mature student with my own flat so I'm kinda starting to feel a little uncomfortable with the situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending