Sixth Form HELP! School 1 or School 2?

This poll is closed

School 1 or School 2?

School 1 17%
School 283%
Total votes: 12
Hello everybody,

Vital information to consider before giving your opinion:
I want to hear what you all think of what sixthform I should chose that would best suit me as an individual: School 1 or School 2. I want to study Economics, Maths, Spanish and physics as A levels.

When saying what you think is best for me, please consider that I want to go onto a good university (russell group) and purse a career in finance and business.I don't want to join the private school (School 1) only because it's private, maybe the state school (School 2) is better overall for me personally.

School 1: Private School [Accepted with 100% Bursary]-Ofsted rating: Unknown-Destination description: 2 hours away from where I live.-Boarding: YES

School 2: State School [Accepted]-Ofsted rating: 1 in all areas-Destination description: Fairly close to where.-Boarding: NO

Comparison:-School 2 achieved a 37% higher A level A/A* results in 2015 than School 1-Almost 90% of students in School 2 offered a place in Russell Group Universities. School 1 percentage is unknown.-I'm more mentally and emotionally comfortable in a none boarding school.-However, School 1 (boarding) has great funds and activities. School 2, not as much.-Both sixth forms have fairly small class sizes.-School 1 has more sports facilities than school 2.-School 1 is an absolute new environment for me, school 2 isn't.

Why I challenge each school:School 1:-Emotional and mental challenge-Will I get distracted from learning due to me trying to fit into a new environment.-Weirdly and majorly outperformed by a state school academically.-Different community, less diverse. Will I find friends that share some common interests of London (e.g. football or hockey and rugby)

School 2:-Will I get the same quality activities?

PLEASE VOTE ON POLL ON THE TOP OF THE THREAD!
What do you think I should choose more appropriately for me that willhelp me succeed in sixth form, go onto a good university and pursue a career in finance and business?Thank you and enjoy your holidays! Please reply ASAP!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Inspired24/7
x
Hiya! I reckon go with school 2. The pro's of not having to board, it being close etc. You seem motivated enough, and school 2 seems good enough, for you to easily get into a good university. Which one are you leaning towards?
I think you should choose school 2. It sounds as if you'd be less stressed and more comfortable going there as it's closer and doesn't require you to board. School 2 also had better academic performance than school 1, which is a good sign if you want to go to a Russell group university in the future :smile:
Original post by Fox Corner
Hiya! I reckon go with school 2. The pro's of not having to board, it being close etc. You seem motivated enough, and school 2 seems good enough, for you to easily get into a good university. Which one are you leaning towards?

Thank you for your thoughts, and to answer your question I am slightly leaning towards School 2.
However, when I do think of School 1 I feel that it being a private school and having a bursary is hard to decline... but again, it is a matter of fact on which is best for me, private or state. Thank you again very much for your kind response :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
I think you should choose school 2. It sounds as if you'd be less stressed and more comfortable going there as it's closer and doesn't require you to board. School 2 also had better academic performance than school 1, which is a good sign if you want to go to a Russell group university in the future :smile:

I agree, but I'm in doubt if I should also consider non-academic factors. Although, academic knowledge is important, especially for what I want to do in the future.
Thank you :smile:
I agree, but I'm in doubt if I should also consider non-academic factors. Although, academic knowledge is important, especially for what I want to do in the future.
Thank you :smile:

No problem! Which other factors are you considering? :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
No problem! Which other factors are you considering? :smile:

I thought it'd be important to consider the non-academic factors such as extra-curricular stuff, e.g. Hockey club, trips to external countries, etc.
Wouldn't School 1 have the sufficient funds to do all this and advantage itself from the other schools such as School 2? After all, School 1 has a £1million budget.
I thought it'd be important to consider the non-academic factors such as extra-curricular stuff, e.g. Hockey club, trips to external countries, etc.
Wouldn't School 1 have the sufficient funds to do all this and advantage itself from the other schools such as School 2? After all, School 1 has a £1million budget.

Personally, I wouldn't concern myself too much with non-academic factors such as those. Of course academic performance isn't everything, and it's important to balance work with other activities and gain new experiences. However, taking part in lots of extra-curricular activities isn't essential (I am proof of this!). You can demonstrate your enthusiasm and versatility etc in many ways :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest