The Student Room Group

Social worker without car?

If you can't or don't drive is it possible to get a job in social work and be able to get to your placements on time without relying on taxis? :s-smilie: I was considering going into social work and then it dawned on me that I can't and probably will never drive due to disability stuff. :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by greenmang0
If you can't or don't drive is it possible to get a job in social work and be able to get to your placements on time without relying on taxis? :s-smilie: I was considering going into social work and then it dawned on me that I can't and probably will never drive due to disability stuff. :frown:

My friend managed to complete her social work training without a car. It was difficult but the university were quite accommodating. I can't speak for after as she passed her test just after her final assessments.
Reply 2
I'm a social worker and don't drive. I've managed to get a job and complete that job without one perfectly.

There's loads of hospital jobs that don't require a car too
Reply 3
Hi i dont drive...never have!! I have been a social worker for 4 years now and i have never had any problems.
Alas i work in London borough, so the bus/trains are pretty efficient
How do you become a social work.all i got is qcf 2 and 3 in heath and social care
Reply 5
Original post by Magic003
Hi i dont drive...never have!! I have been a social worker for 4 years now and i have never had any problems.
Alas i work in London borough, so the bus/trains are pretty efficient

Hi sorry just a question for you, I'm currently a Professionally Qualified Social Worker and i'm thinking about moving to London and saw you said you worked there.

I'm just wondering what typically are the Annual Leave entitlements for most people working in statutory teams in local authority? Does it differ from place to place?

Also, do social workers in the UK get Time off in Lieu for their overtime hours and are line managers strict on this?

Thank you!
WWhat course will i have to do in college to go to university because i got no gcses

Quick Reply

Latest