The Student Room Group

Any unis in clearing that will accept BBD?

Are there any good unis in London that will accept BBD
B in biology and maths
D in chemistry
😭😭😭I can't retake I already did 3 years of alevels

My firm wants abb neuroscience
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
My firm uni is qmul....and insurance Sussex which want abb😭😭😭😭😭😭
Original post by coolgamer
They all want abb😕

What subject are you looking at?
Reply 5
B in biology and maths
D in chemistry

Even if they don't say bbd, it's always worth calling them on the day, because you never know for sure :smile: any particular reason why you're set on London? I mean, there are loads of great places that may be more flexible
Reply 6
Original post by Fox Corner
What subject are you looking at?

Neuroscience
Neuroscience

Middlesex asks for 280 UCAS points (BBD is 260) but as it's through clearing it is always worth calling them up and asking. http://search.ucas.com/course/entryrequirements/463417/medical-physiology-neuroscience?RegionCode=103&Vac=1&AvailableIn=Clearing&Query=neuroscience&Location=london&IsFeatherProcessed=false&ret=providers#coursedetailsmenu

Have you got your results yet? Do you definitely know your results?

My advice is have a really detailed look through UCAS clearing places, look at different courses and unis and note down all the ones that appeal to you, and the uni admissions number. Then on results day call up and wrangle a place :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Fox Corner
Middlesex asks for 280 UCAS points (BBD is 260) but as it's through clearing it is always worth calling them up and asking. http://search.ucas.com/course/entryrequirements/463417/medical-physiology-neuroscience?RegionCode=103&Vac=1&AvailableIn=Clearing&Query=neuroscience&Location=london&IsFeatherProcessed=false&ret=providers#coursedetailsmenu

Have you got your results yet? Do you definitely know your results?

My advice is have a really detailed look through UCAS clearing places, look at different courses and unis and note down all the ones that appeal to you, and the uni admissions number. Then on results day call up and wrangle a place :smile:

I havent got my results yet but chemistry predicted grade boundaries show that im probably gonna get a D 😢 i just did silly mistakes it wasnt hard ...so grade boundaries will be high
I really wanted to go to qmul
But thanks for ur help and time
I havent got my results yet but chemistry predicted grade boundaries show that im probably gonna get a D 😢 i just did silly mistakes it wasnt hard ...so grade boundaries will be high
I really wanted to go to qmul
But thanks for ur help and time

No problem :smile: You might surprise yourself with your results!
Reply 10
My firm uni is qmul....and insurance Sussex which want abb😭😭😭😭😭😭

Why insure a course that has the same requirements as your firm? Especially if you are retaking a year...

Anyway, as @Fox Corner says you won't really know your results until Results Day, and there will almost definitely be options in Clearing if necessary.
Reply 11
Is the Clearing list going to change? Are more universities are going to put themselves on the list approaching Results Day?
Have you looked at courses with a foundation year?
Reply 13
Original post by jneill
Why insure a course that has the same requirements as your firm? Especially if you are retaking a year...

Anyway, as @Fox Corner says you won't really know your results until Results Day, and there will almost definitely be options in Clearing if necessary.

I was confident when i was choosing my options and most unis i wanted to go to wanted abb. I just didnt think i would mess up...😭
Reply 14
Original post by pecora
Is the Clearing list going to change? Are more universities are going to put themselves on the list approaching Results Day?

Probably.
B in biology and maths
D in chemistry

For the record, I'm pretty sure you can retake. You just can't study at whatever school you're at. That being said, some schools let you retake past 19 anyway (mine does).

You can just get a job, revise as your own then pay to enter yourself into an exam
Reply 16
Original post by lucabrasi98
For the record, I'm pretty sure you can retake. You just can't study at whatever school you're at. That being said, some schools let you retake past 19 anyway (mine does).

You can just get a job, revise as your own then pay to enter yourself into an exam

I dont want to 😭😭😭😭😭😭
I dont want to 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Why are you only looking at London? There's the rest of the country to look at unis that may be a lot more flexible
I'm not sure about neuro pathways, but I'm absolutely certain that QMUL does Foundation year entry. If your heart is set, it's worth phoning them to ask about that as a potential route.
B in biology and maths
D in chemistry

Do you mind me asking why it took 3 years? Did you fail the same subjects once before? Or did you change subjects after the 1st AS year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending